Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 09:59 AM   #241  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHAD.. EDGES AND HEDGES. MAY ALL YOUR POWER TOYS STAY PUT OF THE HOSPITAL!!! THE DS STORY HAD ME LAUGHING AS WELL. MEN!!!! JOHN HERE WOULD SAY THE SAME THING!! NICE WALK! THE BACKYARD WILL TAKE CARE OF THE UPPER BODY WORKOUT...WOW...HAPPY IS REALLY GETTING SOME GREAT EXERCISE MOMENTS IN!!

HAPPY....NO WONDER YOU CAN'T SLEEP WITH SHAD DOING ALL THIS DANG EXERCISING!! SEEMS LIKE OHONES DCAN DOMIT ALL. THEY HAD A DEMO FOR A GAME ON MY NEW PHONE/RADIO SO I TRIED IT...YOU NEED MORE THAN A MAGNIFYING GLASS TO SEE IT! HOPE THE SLEEPY DAY GOES BY FAST!!! AND YES..JEN AND RICHIE HAD LEFT FOR THE SUMMER BUT THE TRAILER GOT CHANGED AND THE GIRL WENT TO THE UNCLES SO THEY CAME BACK HERE FOR A FEW DAYS. NOW THEY ARE GONE AGAIN.

good morning chicks. I HAVE WASH IN THE DRYER AND I HUNG THE WEEKLY POKENO GAME SIGNS FOR THE SENIORS. SO ACTUALLY MY WORK IS DONE ALREADY! I NEED TO GET JIMMY UP HERE TO HELP ME WITH THE SELTZER CASES I BOUGHT. ALL 4 OF THEM ARE STILL IN A CART I FORGOT WHEN RICHIE WAS HERE TO ASK FOR HELP. I AM GOING TO CALL NOW AND ALSO MAKE PLANS FOR MY WHEELCHAIR FOR AFTER THE 4TH. ONE OF THE MECHANICS IS STILL ON VACAY.
I AM ALSO GOING OUTSIDE FOR AWHILE. THE WEATHER IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS OUT THERE AFTER ALL THESE BIG THUNDERSTORMS. SMELLS SO FRESH
HAPPY MONDAY/TUESDAY!!
Old 06-30-2008, 10:02 AM   #242  
Happy September

HERE YA GO HAPPY....NOT AN OLIVE IN SIGHT!! AND IT JUST ARRIVED IN THE MAILBOX HOT OFF THE PRESSES FROM i village

Salmon Pasta Salad

westielove's contest-winning recipe is a great meal for a hot day. You could be our next winner -- enter the recipe contest today!

Serving: 5
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 90 minutes

1 8-ounce package pasta (spirals or bow ties work well), cooked and drained
2 cups fully cooked salmon, cut into chunks
1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 small red onion
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice or lime juice
1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
1 garlic clove, minced
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 head lettuce greens, torn

1. In a large bowl, toss the pasta, salmon, tomatoes and onion.

2. For the dressing, combine the oil, lemon or lime juice, dill, garlic, salt, and pepper; mix well. Pour over pasta. Cover and chill. Serve over lettuce.

Based on individual serving.
Calories: 510
Total Fat: 26 g
Carbohydrates: 40 g
Protein: 30 g
Old 06-30-2008, 10:11 AM   #243  
Happy September

FOR OUR CANADIAN FRIENDS TUESDAY JULY 1ST

Old 06-30-2008, 10:39 AM   #244  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

yes - Happy Canada day to our missing Canadian contingent!

Geez Mel - a day late on the salmon. I had grilled salmon yesterday but that recipe sound very yummy. I try to eat salmon once a week so I will definitely put that on the side for next week. Thanks!

Go enjoy that great weather. We are in a "cool" front - only 85 degrees. It's actually quite refreshing. Sister said it's really cool up north. Are you getting some of that too? A nice change from the humid, schmutz filled bad air.

Breathe deep, close your eyes and hold your face to the sun for a minute and suck in that vitamin D
Old 06-30-2008, 10:39 AM   #245  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

oh wait - it's TOMORROW. Mel you have me all jazzed up again
Old 06-30-2008, 10:46 AM   #246  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

I had a really nice weekend. On Saturday DMIL and I went to Strawberry Fest, which is a large arts and craft fair. We walked a lot and enjoyed looking at the lovely wares, and also enjoyed some fresh strawberry shortcake! Yummm. Yesterday morning we went fishing, DH caught two bluegills and DMIL caught a large bass! She was thrilled! It was a really big fish, especially for the lake we were on. We released all the fish so they could swim another day. Yesterday afternoon, I did a bit of gardening and just allowed myself some R&R time. Today after work, we will probably go out fishing again, so I'll be walking on my lunch hour.

Ruth - Glad you had a chance to stop by. I'm so happy that Disney is a great member of your family. I don't think there's any way to get around terrier barking...and if you figure out a way, please let me know. Sounds like you definitely have your hands full planning a wedding on such short notice. Seems like a lot of us have had car issues. I hope it's not contagious!

Shad - Good for you for working so hard at the gym! The scale will start moving in the downward direction soon. Your backsplash tiles sound GORGEOUS! You have impeccable taste! My projects are close to completion and I am going to be winding down this weekend as I'm taking Thursday off to get a 4 day weekend. The strength resistance class sounds good. I really enjoy strength training classes. Hopefully you will enjoy it too.

CeeJay - Good for you for getting the lawn mowed. DH wanted to go fishing rather than do the mowing...so I guess we'll mow after work one day this week (or I will on my day off - Thursday). I'll bet your hair looks great!

Rennie - We use Advantix or Advantage (I think) for our dogs...kills fleas, ticks and mosquitos. I hope Bella feels better soon. We had off and on rain this weekend, but it was okay....we were able to get fun activities in between the showers. I'm glad to hear that Winkie is doing good. When is your State Fair? Ours is in August. Ted Nugent is fun to see in concert. At our County Fair at the end of July, Styx will be playing with Boston...hopefully we'll get to go. I don't like air conditioning either, but sometimes it's so darn humid that it's a necessary evil.

Mel - I'm glad you don't have to work all weekend so you can relax and enjoy it.

Happy - I'm so sorry to hear you're having problems with your foot! I hope the podiatrist can fix you right up, and I hope it doesn't spoil your 4th of July weekend. Happy, please don't remind me that the year is half over with. Many of the people I talk to are already dreading winter and snow, and it's not even July yet! The nightmarish last winter is still haunting us. I agree with you on the olives....I'm hoping Mel will start posting recipes without olives. I only like them on pizza and then if there's lots of other stuff on the pizza so you don't really taste the olives. I'll have to check out Martha's method for grilled corn. DH and I grill corn on the cob (in their husks) all the time. One of the joys of summer! We are experiencing delightfully cool weather yesterday and today. Ahhhh. Definitely good weather for a lunchtime walk.

Well, gotta go. Lots to get done today!

Here's to a great day for all of us!
Old 06-30-2008, 03:15 PM   #247  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Howdie Ladies..........

Hope everyone is getting a great start to the week. Nothing too exciting going on here. Didn't do a whole lot over the weekend. Cleaned the house and cut the grass, laundry and sprayed outside around the house for buggies. Watched Lifetime channel and read a book. I ate watermelon till I could of exploded. Have had fluffy, POOFY BM's today. OK TMI..LOL

Gotta get my work done so I can go home. Have a terrific night all.

Love and Hugs
Old 06-30-2008, 05:06 PM   #248  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
It's up and at it early this morning for me. I'll be going to the gym at 9.00 for a the body pump class. My legs and knees are somewhat uncomfortable this morning, but I guess I will get over it.
Had a long day at work yesterday and will have to put in the same sort of long day again today and probably for the rest of the week to catch up on stuff that has changed - or that they want changed, and somewhere I will have to fit in some shopping for food. My pantry is now pared down to the weekly stuff (after we had all the stuff that DS brought home when he left his house) so its back to the basic groceries again. Mind you it has taken more than a year to clear all the pasta, rice, sauce, etc. Lucky they have a long shelf life hey.

Oh yes and ........

Happy Canada Day to all Canadians where ever they may be.

Happy - don't Google my backyard since it is somewhat untidy right now. Ive been busy with other things. One benefit about going out into the wild blue yonder to exercise is that the legs get to do all the work. On the treadie, it just keeps going and you just keep putting one leg in front of the other - with the outdoors, you have to keep the legs moving or you don't get home afterwards.

Mel - I watch Martha Stewarts show on TV once in a while, she has some good ideas and has some interesting guests, but when boiled down, the entire show is show casing or advertising something - although her guests get some good give aways from time to time. For Happy's sake I pricked up my ears when some lady from out in the swamp was having trouble cleaning her stainless steel fridge and dishwasher. Martha uses Windex - mind you none of the appliances had any marks on them. They were brand new. I've never been to her website - guess I really ought too once in a while to see what gives.
Was enjoying the thought of the recipe until I got to the dill weed (which is exactly what it is - a weed) but I'm sure I can do something about that.

Michelle -Glad to hear you have had a good and peaceful weekend. Nice to hear that you put the fish back. I hope you didn't dangle them from the hook and line while you took photos. That always looks so painful to me. I do wish they would support the fish rather than dangle it from a hook.
Strawberry fest sounds like fun.
I'm not sure my taste is impeccable - it's expensive, that I do know.

Morning Annie, Rennie, Ceejay, the Canadians, and the missing. I'll check up on you lot throughout the day. Now I must get back to work.
I'll also try to get the new thread underway this afternoon. Meantime I better go put in some time sheets for the end of month stuff. That way I might get paid.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:37 PM   #249  

Hello Ladies,

Where does the time go? Blackie is doing much better, he eating his dry food w/a little can food. It's hard to eat in front of him. He doesn't understand he can't have people food anymore. The good thing is it has gotten me to sit at the dinner table instead in front of the TV.

Still exercising... For the month of July going to work out 4 days a week.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:31 AM   #250  

Height: 5'-2"

Link to your new thread here, dah'lings!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145224
Closed Thread