"Just Beachy" Blue chat # 7

You're on Page 27 of 33
Go to
  • Quote: Even with a hymen, most girls can still insert a tampon. I did not have one or had one that was very stretched when I started my period because of so many years of activity (no marrying royalty for me!) and I had no problem with using a tampon at 12. A little lube the first few times helps.

Also, having an older friend or cousin or something helps. I would have not been comfortable with my mom helping me, but my cousin basically said, "OH, get over it. here is what you do!"
    I tried for years to get comfortable with tampons, until finally my doctor mentioned to me that I had a severely retroverted uterus which could explain the reason they were uncomfortable for me.
  • Quote: Come North. I'll host. I can guarantee it won't be too hot and there's a lake about an hour from my house!
    I will be on 4th of July weekend. We're going to Niagara Falls (Canada) for our mini vacation
  • Quote: It's tough! As of June 1st, we've been here in GA for 1 year. I still don't have a network of friends here...just good acquaintances. Part of the problem is that I work from home. I've let myself get isolated. The sad thing is that I'll pretty much talk to anybody anytime. I'm not shy at all. I just don't get out there.
    I felt the same way when we moved. I left most of my long-time friends and my extended family to move to a city that was totally new to me. We met people at church, and I met some moms at different play-groups, but they were (and some still are) people that I 'know', not what I would consider 'friends'. After 10 years, my hubby and I have friends together as a couple, and we each also have our own friends, thru work, and school, but I still miss my friends from home.
  • Quote: I will be on 4th of July weekend. We're going to Niagara Falls (Canada) for our mini vacation
    Awesome! Just drive West for about four days and we'll have party.
  • Quote: Nah, too hot for beach and too far Maybe somewhere in the middle?
    Charlottesville's kind of in the middle
  • Quote: Charlottesville's kind of in the middle
    and to the WEST!

in the middle is like the middle of nowhere...

Yorktown?
  • How about Baltimore? It's in the middle (of somewhere)
  • How about my neck of the woods ... I am about 30ish miles south of DC and have a big house. I can even put a few people up. (and no I didn't I could put up with a few people)
  • making the menu for the week. any suggestions?

here it is so far:
    vitamins
    bread
    PB
    almond butter
    cheese sticks
    turkey bacon
    chocolate soy milk
    coffee
    OJ
    yogurt
    all pastas
    mac and cheese
    crackers
    frozen pizza
    z-bars
    cereal
    rolled oats
    avocado
    baby carrots
    lite coconut milk
    pineapple
    cheap butter, unsalted
    dark rum
    celery
    peppers
    grapes
    peaches
    apricots
    pretzels
    ice cream
    cones
    fritos
    cheddar block
  • likenoother-I wish we had a marine corp marathon here. I know my husband wouldn't think twice of joining (he used to be in the marines and misses it terribly). I would be trecking right behind him too. I would love to do an actual marathon. That's one of my goals when I hit goal---to do a triathlon. I guess it's more like a life goal for me.
  • Quote: How about my neck of the woods ... I am about 30ish miles south of DC and have a big house. I can even put a few people up. (and no I didn't I could put up with a few people)
    big yard?
  • Quote: likenoother-I wish we had a marine corp marathon here. I know my husband wouldn't think twice of joining (he used to be in the marines and misses it terribly). I would be trecking right behind him too. I would love to do an actual marathon. That's one of my goals when I hit goal---to do a triathlon. I guess it's more like a life goal for me.
    You don't have to hit goal to do a triathlon! Triathlons are a blast, and training for them is an excellent way to lose weight! Pick out a race and start training for it!
  • Quote: Why did I lose my mind and agree to do the Marine Corps Marathon 10K with 3of my co-workers? Yes, I did. So the running program which is specifically designed to train for a 10K is perfect. What's worse is because my organization is a sponsor and I do work in recreation our team will probably be highlighted. No backing out now!!!! It's in October.
    That is going to be such a blast, you get to be racing amidst all that hoopla! My dad has done that marathon several times and just RAVES about it. I'd like to do it some day.
  • Quote: big yard?
    What, are we gonna play lawn darts or something?
  • So, Bluesers..I'd like input from my teamies. In your expert opinions, what is the quickest way to drop inches....to heck with the number on the scale!...Ahem, sorry team. But, if I want to look more slender and lose some serious inches fast, what are your recommendations?

I'm thinking that strength traning and HIIT might be my ticket. What do you all think?