Old 06-09-2008, 01:24 AM   #16  
Ready to lose...

That is great!!! I can't wait until my tummy and appetite shrink up.
branflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:29 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 164/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Be so careful! Im the opposite - I shrunk my bellly and now....sad to say...its back up again! I am amazed at how much I can eat now without feeling full!

Went out for breakfast with mum the other day and she was completely amazed that I ate almost the whole plate...admitedly it was only a few sliced of grilled bacon, salad, and 3 slices of bread (which I didnt finish) and a potato salad (which again i didnt finish). But still! It's alot for me!

I'm going to have to work super hard to shrink my belly back down to normal small size again!
Fairy Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:46 PM   #18  
I will do this.

Yup - I do get that feeling too. Not only because of the amount of food I eat when I go out but also the quality. The foods are so rich I end up feeling sick.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 171/150/145

Height: 5'8

Well done you for getting used to smaller meals. I can still eat an awful lot (but I haven't been doing this for long). However, I have noticed that I enjoy eating meals without large side dishes of carbohydrates - for instance salad or fish with vegetables. In only about a month I seemed to have weaned myself off my dependency on lots of chips/bread, which is nice. I'm also less keen on the taste of full-fat things like ice cream and creamy yoghurt. Long may this retraining prosper!

Has anyone got any tips on how to work out and measure a good portion size (not too large or too small) without having to weigh things? I have tried watching the amounts slim women at work eat, but this is difficult because you never know what they eat for the rest of the day. Cheers.
southofriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:11 AM   #20  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

I think I can definitely relate!! I used to binge A LOT - I mean, I'd be able to eat practically a whole box of cookies at a sitting, etc. I think I could still eat a lot of food in one sitting in terms of quantity, though I haven't tested this theory out very much. But I have found out that I definitely cannot eat as much sugar and junk as I used to - it just becomes too much! So maybe I can eat 1/3 the amount of cookies I used to be able to until I start to feel somewhat unwell. But I think my emotions have shifted too, where now my eating is definitely far less compulsive than it used to - sometimes I still eat for emotional reasons, but it has become far less so! Which is awesome
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote