Foundation

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • I switched fromn CG to bare minerals about a year ago. I love it!
  • I have dry skin. I use Bobbi Brown moisturizing foundation and love it. I get a lot of complements on my complexion. I also like to use a primer. I want to try to Smashbox one. I'm using Philosophy's The Present right now.
  • Lovin' BAre Minerals, too. If you order the starter kit it will take you through multiple seasons. That's the great thing about powder/mineral make-up, you just add/swirl in a lighter/darker shade if it isn't quite right. It does seem pricy at first, but it really does last as long as they say.
  • I use Origins. They don't test on animals & use a lot of renewable resources in their products, which I love. And everything smells so good!
  • I read that so many people on here like the mineral make-up, so I went and got some (not bare minerals, thats a little hard on the grad student budget right now). I just tried it out and I think I like it. Not sure though, guess I will wear it a few days and see how it goes.
  • Quote: I use Origins. They don't test on animals & use a lot of renewable resources in their products, which I love. And everything smells so good!
    I use a lot of Origins products too and love the smell of their products too. They give free facials at the Origins counter at my local department store. Take you in to a private spa room. Thirty minutes of pure bliss. And it was free! Of course I bought a few products.
  • I can't use Bare Essentials because it makes me itch. I do love mineral makeup though. I use Fresh Minerals.

I only wear makeup on special occasions though.
  • I use Everyday minerals. They offer 5 free (generous sized) samples for just shipping to try. I'm hooked on the stuff.
  • Oh I would like to try some mineral ones. Thanks for the tips.
  • I NEVER use to go in public without my liquid foundation!!!! I just discovered mineral powder a few months ago and I LOVE it!! My complexion was never terrible (no breakouts or anything), just pretty uneven, so a light dusting works for me...it's so much more natural looking, and I don't have to worry about it rubbing off on my jacket collar (or someone elses!!!)...for me, it's the way to go!!!!
  • I have just ordered some of the mineral powder foundation. I am excited to try it.
  • I think I'm the one person here who did NOT like the minerals makeup. I used Bare Minerals, and I have NEVER been thnat broken out with acne in my life. I tried it for a week, and it took a month for the pimples to go away. I use Neutragena oil-free cream-to-powder foundation and I love it.
  • Bare Escentuals for sure. I love the different brushes for different levels of coverage.

The only problem I have is when it's really humid (which is just about everyday here) my face feels prickly and itchy. I don't know how to explain it other than that. I try not to wear foundation at all when it isn't absolutely necessary, though.
  • Quote: I use Everyday minerals. They offer 5 free (generous sized) samples for just shipping to try. I'm hooked on the stuff.
    Thank you so much! I have been wanting to try mineral foundation, but all the ones I've seen in stores are too expensive... and I didn't want to buy anything online before trying it. I just ordered my free samples, and bought a brush, for $10 including shipping.
  • Quote: I think I'm the one person here who did NOT like the minerals makeup. I used Bare Minerals, and I have NEVER been thnat broken out with acne in my life. I tried it for a week, and it took a month for the pimples to go away. I use Neutragena oil-free cream-to-powder foundation and I love it.
    I only use mineral makeup when I feel like drying out my skin.. so it's pretty rare.

Honestly.. I saw the thread topic 'foundation' on the main 3fc page and the first thing that popped into my head was NOOOOO TINTED MOISTURIZER!! Preferrably the glowy, less is more type. But thats just me. I over apply everything else in existance.