Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-16-2008, 04:23 PM   #31  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Well, another mineral fan here. I use ColourScience, which is pretty pricy, but I can get it locally at a store where I was able to check colors. Recently I was in there and the lady that runs the store was talking about how frustrated the specialty mineral cosmetic cos are because the drug store brands are bringing out "mineral" makeups that have as little as 10% mineral content, but that FDA rules allow them to lable it as mineral anyway. Just an FYI, I would never have known otherwise.

Interesting that someone said minerals dried out their skin - hmm... I guess we all react to different things differently. Liquids used to make my skin both dry and broken out - not a fun combo. Minerals don't seem to have any effect on my skin texture. Also, I find that they REALLY cover my acne and acne scars well when I apply them with a shadow brush to those spots before brushing them on the rest of my face.
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:35 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 282/257/when it feels right

I too use Bare Escentuals (Bare Minerals), I have used Estee Lauder Wear in the past and liked it alot. I have very oily skin and found that the traditional liquid make up makes it worse. The latest I've tried was Cover Girl Queen Latifah's collection and could not find the right shade I was looking like a Oompa Loompa from Willy Wonka!!!

I hated ordering Bare Escentuals and it is costly but I found that the store called Sephora sells it so that is where I get it from now. I get so many compliments.
K-boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:22 PM   #33  
Rachael

S/C/G: 260/117/115

Height: 5'5

I don't really wear make up all too often, but when I do, I use mineralized satinfinish by mac.
h0cusp0kus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:37 PM   #34  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

I never used to wear foundation and don't wear make-up often, but now when I do put on my war paint I use "No7" foundation and concealer.

I found it at Target, of all places. I like how sheer and natural it looks, and how it also evens out my skin tone with just a light application.

According to the signs at the store, this line is popular in Europe and is just now being sold here. Maybe one of our Chicks across the pond can confirm this?
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #35  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

I used L'oreal True Match. When I DO have a little extra money I go with Mary Kay, but I don't do that much very often. True Match generally gives me the coverage I need in the COLOR I need (which is very hard because I too am very pale).
THE Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:56 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 220/160/130

Height: 5'2"

Another mineral user here. I used to swear by Bare Minerals. But, I found that when I was working (RN) my face would feel itchy and prickly. My mom said a bunch of nurses on her floor too had that feeling. After a bit of looking around, I found out it's due to an ingredient called Bismuth Oxychloride. So, now I make sure to use minerals without it. Right now, I use Lure, I use the luminess shades. Love Lure. Great coverage and lasts all day on my oily skin! Plus their body butters are to die for!
Jamie
ohiomom0503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:37 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 140/128/118

Height: 5'2

I use almay, no foundation, just some concealer and mascara.
jaclynfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:33 PM   #38  

S/C/G: HW220/SW195/CW164/GW160

Height: 5'10"

I have exteremely oily skin and am a big fan of Bare Escentuals. I hate how the powder seems to spread all over my dresser, but I love that I can make it through a whole day without having to rush home to wash my face at the first moment possible.

I also picked up a shine control product from Clinique that's amazing for oily skin. You put it on over makeup when the shine peaks and it de-oils and mattes the skin. I never leave home without it.
charisma classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:16 PM   #39  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

I own four foundations: MAC Studio Fix Liquid and Mac Studio Fix powder, Bare Escentuals, and MAC Face and Body. I LOVE BE, and its become a staple for all seasons. BE has nearly replaced my other foundations. I really only use MAC SFPowder now, when I don't want to do mineral.

Last edited by Tamara; 07-15-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:29 AM   #40  

Height: 5'1"

I use bare essentials too, anotehr fan here. I hated the way makeup made my face feel. with this, I don't have that stickey feeling, and nothing to run when I sweat. It stays on all day and doesn't turn color or run. How can you beat that!

ChrismaClassic, they make a bare essentials product to keep the shine down. It called "mineral viel" and it works sooo well.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote