Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Planning & Chat March 3-9

Good morning!

New month, new week, new you? How is everyone's pre-spring planning coming?

Have a great week!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:41 AM   #2  

Red face Oh dear!

I'm up another pound to 134 . Getting that fear factor that it will all come back and all of my new wardrobe will no longer fit .

Serious winter blahs and my father has just hit me with two more things to put my stress level through the roof .

And I'm going to be 51 on Thursday .

The one bright spot is my DH. He announced last night that he's going to count calories because "it's the only thing that works" and he's going to the gym after work tonite. Maybe he can cheer me on for a change .

Dagmar
Old 03-03-2008, 07:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Good morning... this week will be my week to see a loss. I weigh in Friday, so I plan to stay on track AND exercise this week!

Dagmar -- It gets better every year! I hope you have plans to go out and celebrate you! 134 at 5'4" with a yoga trimmed body sounds like you will be a 51 year old hottie :-)

Have a happy and healthy day, everyone!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:23 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Well, hello you early birds .... I have a snow day yet AGAIN today, but I like it .... This winter stuff is getting wayyyyyy tooooo freakin' long .... I am totally sick and tired of it.... Ok, that felt good, now let's relax and start our day....

I don't have to commute to my job today but I do have to report to the school closest to my home, which is only a block away and a place I love to visit with my old friends...

Food on the weekend was good... I drank wine only once, and only one glass... So that's a good thing....

Dagmar -- hang in there girl... NICE to hear that DH is on board, we are lucky to have this virtual board/forum but it sure is nice to have real people on our side... Welcome to the 51 club Dagmar I turned 51 in January and it wasn't so bad, didn't hurt a bit ... walking2lose is right it's time to celebrate YOU

walking2lose -- I AM also going to have a good week, I can feel it
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:01 AM   #5  

Smile I feel better already

Thank you!

We are lucky to have this forum.

I co-celebrated my birthday with my DH and his best friend two weekends ago (we all have birthdays within 3 weeks of each other). We had thai food, fireworks at the beach, and champagne and chocolate cake.

I really like my 50's so far. I finally feel like an adult and in control of my own life. It took waaayy too long but I'm finally there - an "official" adult in my own mind.

Dagmar
Old 03-03-2008, 08:18 AM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

Dagmar -- I can totally relate : "official" adult in my own mind..... This is exactly how I felt too HONEST ... Like I said, we are never alone
Old 03-03-2008, 08:39 AM   #7  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi everyone - sorry to be MIA for so long. Work was crazy last week, and then I went off to a ski trip this weekend! I had a great time, but ate like crazy. 3000 calories on Friday night! I skied for 6 hours on Saturday and 5 on Sunday though, so hopefully that burned up lots of calories.

Because I didn't go home this weekend, I can't weigh myself this week. Well, I suppose I could use the scale at the hotel, but since I have no idea what it's calibrated to (i.e. whether it's higher or lower than my scale at home), checking it isn't going to tell me much and will probably either get me disappointed this week (if it's higher than home) or next week (if it's lower than home and I thought I lost weight that I hadn't). So... gotta get through the week and then Friday morning I can check!

Happy birthday to Dagmar and Lekhika
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning! Happy birthdays all around!

I'm on evenings this week. I always kinda like that. I can be slow moving in the morning but still exercise. And I can check in here late in the evening. And it's the perfect set-up for snacking type of eating. I don't have to eat a sit down type meal until Friday if I don't want to.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

After the week in SLC with my parents, I'm happy to announce I didn't really lose or gain anything--that was a challenge since I ate out almost every day.

I'm afraid I won't make my goal of "goal" by my birthday, but I hope to be closer in any case.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:12 PM   #10  

Hi Everyone,

I'm just going to join right in. I've been reading posts for a long time and last week I finally "got serious" and started posting to be accountable for my plan. I had a good week and I hope I can keep it up. Thanks for letting me in

Amy
timetostart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #11  

Smile Hi Amy!

Glad to have you with us!

Dagmar
Old 03-03-2008, 09:27 PM   #12  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Tonight as part of dinner I picked up a bag of Mann's Vegetable Medley steam in bag veggies. It's cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots. The bag has 4 portions which are 25 calories each. I left them raw and munched on them for an hour - SO filling and SO few calories even though I ate the whole bag!
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:58 PM   #13  
Ilene the Bean

Amy ... The more the merrier
Old 03-04-2008, 12:36 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Have you all been reading these questions and answers by the dietition Molly Gee? Interesting stuff ... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=184
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:51 AM   #15  

Default I'm kinda sad today

One of the dogwalkers who I've known for years passed away yesterday at the age of about 62 (she never told any of us her actual age).

She was quite a character. Whenever Jeannie steamed down the beach toward you you never knew whether she was going to cheerily say good morning or start yelling at you for something.

I will write about this in my blog I think.

Dagmar