Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:52 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning dears!

Although I'm not a fan of dramatic exits, I do want to let my fellow featherweights know where I've disappeared to. This is my 8th day on Champix and tomorrow is THE day. I'm finding I can't do both. I'm nauseous and sooo tired. I'm needing megafiber And I'm mentally thick!
I'm off the next three days and I'm going to have a houseful of people ... a smoke-free house. It should be great.
I'm sure I'll lurk some ... so you'd better be good!

I'll be back.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:44 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Happy Birthday Dagmar!

Susan~be careful! I've heard a lot of bad things with that drug. There is someone over in maintainers who took it for a few days and started having the horrible side effects like hallucinations and such. They went away when she went off of it.

Ilene~eww snow! I just can't handle snow any more. I had to deal with it in SLC a couple of weeks ago and I'm so happy to be home.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #33  
Ilene the Bean

Allison, yes, ewww is right ... I can't wait to start complaining about the heat and humidity....

Susan, take care of yourself, I know you can do this...

Not much today... 40 back and bicep workout, 40 biking, and probably yoga later today... Getting my hair cut this afternoon...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:33 PM   #34  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Happy Birthday Dagmar!!! You are 51 and it sounds like you are in GREAT shape.

I've haven't been posting much lately but everything is the same with my eating and exercise. My son started his high school tennis so that keeps me busy. He is 6-0 so far this year.

Susan-I've never even heard of Champix which is weird for me since I read so much. I'm going to go google it!

I had my day all planned to stick around the house waiting for a package from Fedex (that had to be signed for) and it came at 10 am! So I'm off the hook! I really need to stick around here anyway cleaning and doing laundry. My son has a tennis match in Dana Hills (over LA way) but I'm not going to that.

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling good. Talk to you later. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:46 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hey girls,

I'm guessing Champix is the same as Chantix?? Maybe it's the Canadian name brand...

My DH has used it twice. If you all may recall, my DH is a 30 year type 1 diabetic. 30 years is a l-o-n-g time to be dealing with diabetes, and smoking is the absolute WORST thing he can do (besides not checking his bgls). He 'quit' smoking many times in the last 7 years, but finally quit for good with Chantix. The first time he used it was when it was brand new (2 years ago or so). He had HORRIBLE side effects. One day he just burst into tears and started bawling, saying, "I don't know why I'm crying, boo hoooo..." It was bizarre. Kinda like a VERY menopausal woman having severe emotional jags.

He was ready to give it up, but we went online where we found a forum of users who had had similar effects. Several people said stick it out... it's worth it. He did and things got better after a week. Trouble is he only did one round, thought he had conquered the habit, and then relapsed.

Second time around he did two rounds and has truly conquered it -- at least we hope! He's been off cigs for 6 months or so and is doing well. No side effects the second time round. He said it's the only thing that ever totally killed his cravings. His doc monitored him more closely the 2nd time because it can cause blood pressure to go up, and also for the potential emotional side effects.

Anyway, Susan if you stop by to read, GOOD LUCK!!!! You can do it.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

SusanB Good Luck! You can do it. I did, 25 years ago, and never relapsed. Once you get your sense of taste and smell back you realize just what an ugly habit smoking really is and how lucky you are to have stopped.

Allison EEWWW snow is right. We have 8 ft high mountains of it on the front lawn and another storm coming tomorrow night. No idea where we will put it. No parking spots left on our street. I hope the wind shifts or something.

Iddfoster Welcome to the group! I'm gonna check out those bars - thanks!

Dagmar (sick to death of the d*mn white stuff)
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:01 AM   #37  

Thumbs up Dieting while sick

Woke up today with one of those cement-in-your-head colds. No wonder I went to bed at 9 p.m. last night .

Today is payday so I have to go out and do those dogwalks. Looking forward to using the head cold as an excuse to not do much of anything on the weekend while the storm rages.

Then again my DH has just had a key employee at work quit so he's in a tizzy . I might go to a movie, just to get some peace. I will stay OP despite the cold. Already bought a bunch of healthy food and am going to cook up a bunch of meals for next week.

He kept pushing to get me to agree to "birthday" snacks last night. I said no. And went to bed .

Good start to my 51st year. I'm proud of myself.

Have a terrific Friday and TGIF (NO SNOW, NO MORE SNOW)

Dagmar (cement-head )
Old 03-07-2008, 06:26 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 265/164/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Happy Birthday Dagmar

Sorry I didn't have a chance to wish you it yesterday - but Happy Belated birthday. You have been so inspiring and I wish you a very happy year ahead. Congratulations on your willpower and determination. I hope you feel better soon.

Happy Friday to everyone. Hope you find something to enjoy today.

Melissa
melvin2all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:14 AM   #39  

Thumbs up Snow day

Good morning and Happy Saturday!

I'm going to spend all day inside today, nursing my cold and not doing much of anything . That is very unusual for me - most Saturdays I run around like a frenzied hamster, trying to get a thousand errands done.

DH was nice enough to go to the grocery store yesterday so we have all of our food. I'm going to cook enough food for 4 dinners of "real" food for the weekend and next week.

And I'm going to read and just lie around . Can't remember the last time I was sick or got to stay inside all day. This is sorta fun!

Dagmar
Old 03-08-2008, 11:13 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi girls,

Dag - I plan to have the same kind of day. We have pouring down rain here in Va, so that is going to be my excuse for staying home - no errands!

I have had a really busy week - well, the last couple of weeks actually- with lots of late nights and no exercise. I need to cut out some of my extracurricular school activities for next year because I simply do not take care of myself very well when I work from 7:30 until 7:30 -- exercise is nil, sleep ain't great, and food... not so hot either. I am not one of those people who thrives on having a million and one things to do.

So, like Dagmar, today will be a body and soul recovery day. For exercise, I will do a cardio (Gillian Michaels) dvd and also a yoga dvd. I will eat healthfully today and enter everything into dailyplate (which I also neglected to do for at least 2 days this past week).

Errands... well, they can wait until tomorrow :-)

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:18 PM   #41  

Unhappy more sad news

Big Stella, the doge de Bordeaux (French mastiff) who I've walked since she was a wee puppy, died yesterday.

She had surgery several weeks ago to remove a tumour from her brain stem and died from complications. She was only six years old.

She was the most confident dog, striding through the off-leash like she owned it. And yet she played ever so gently wtih young puppies and with her little girl Brooke.

I will miss this big gentle giant. God bless Stell - may there be an endless supply of pizza where you are now.

Dagmar
Old 03-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #42  
Ilene the Bean

Aww, Dag, that's so sad, I hate when animals die ....

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DAGMAR

Today not much pretty blah sorta day... house bound because of the storm... will it ever end?? ... Made it to the gym though chest and tricep... I'm so bored right now I may do a yoga tape in a few minutes... beats eating, which is what I want to do...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:21 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies

I know I was supposed to check in Monday after my prenesone episode but you won't believe it. Come Monday, I came down with the flu. I came home Monday night from work with a 102.7 fever. I had the full blown flu on Tuesday and had to stay home from work. I have had Laryngitis (sp) since Thursday. Actually my DH came down with the flu on Sunday and coughed so hard he through out his back and has been to the chiropractor twice this week and is still laying on the couch as we speak. Anyway, other than my voice, I'm feeling a little better and have changed my ticker to reflect my weight gain. Hopefully 2008 will start getting better for me.

Happy Birthday Dagmar

My birthday is this Thursday. It seems we are both Pieces. That means we are a bit wishy, washy. At least that's how I can be sometimes. 51 is not old, especially since I am going to be 52! I think we just need to develope a more positive attitude.

Susan B.-Good luck with your Chantix (that's what it's called here). I tried that about 6 months ago and while it did curb my cravings, I'm a long time smoker (not good I know) and it just made me feel angry. I do know a friend who had great success with it and has been quit about 6 months now. I wish you luck with this, as I have tried to quit more times than I can count and am actually thinking about giving it a try again soon.

So ladies, I'm back and did pretty good today. I really didn't log my food today but I didn't eat very much either.

Hope everyone had a great Saturday!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:21 AM   #44  

abbyin Hope you and your DH are feeling better soon!

Dagmar
Old 03-09-2008, 09:09 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Morning my dears!

I feel like a huge bag of schtit. I'm sleeping about 17 hours a day. I ache worse that weight lifting. I'm vaguely nauseous all the time but still manage to overeat. I had a shower this morning for the first time since I-don't-know-when ... and ... DH says I'd doing sooo well ....
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote