Metabolic Research Center - Take VI!

You're on Page 27 of 41
Go to
  • Hi tmich56 - just make sure you get at least 6000mg per day. We are on such a low fat program that our body really needs that. (And of course up to 9000mg).

I had my own essential fatty acids that I was taking, and just taking them from the bottle directions....my hair and skin and nails all dried up really fast. Now that I'm taking more, everything seems to be getting better.
  • Goal4Life I always mix my powders with about 2 oz hot tap water and then add cold water and ice. I do like to add about 8-10 total oz to make them taste less sweet. I've not tried the concentrates, somebody told me they were really thick. Just my way of doing the MRC thing.
  • Diana - at my grogery store, Melba toast (and Melba Rounds, which you can also have) are found with the salad dressing near the croutons. Just FYI...and there are lots of flavors.
  • MRC-6 + Flax Oil Question - ANSWERED!
    Alright, I emailed the manager of my center and asked her about taking MRC-6 and Flax together. The question was, in case anyone doesn't know, how can we take MRC-6 and Flax together without the MRC-6 pulling the Flax right back out of our systems? Here is her answer...
    Quote:
    That is a great question! Flax oil is an essential oil just as you said, it gives your body the fatty acids that your body needs. Your body actually needs a certain amount of fat each day, Omega 3, 6, 9 are the fats that your body uses and that is what is in Flax oil. If you ate completely nonfat all day long, you may actually have a more difficult time burning stored fat b/c your body would not want to get rid of it b/c it needs a certain amount of fat each day.

Essential fatty acids support the cardiovascular, reproductive, immune and nervous systems. The human body needs them to manufacture and repair cell membranes, enabling the cells to obtain optimum nutrition. They also help regulate heart rate, blood pressure, blood clotting, fertility, conception.

MRC-6 is made of several ingredients including Lecithin which allows fat and cholesterol to be mixed with water in the digestive tract and then it is removed from the body. It also has Apple Cider Vinegar which helps our bodies to feel full with less food, it works to double our loss of fat inches, promotes digestions, helps us to have strong bones due to improved calcium metabolism and promotes a clean colon which can lead to a healthier life overall. It also has Kelp which does many things including being a natural source of iodine so it helps to regulate thyroid function which helps with metabolism. It also has Spirulina which helps reduce cholesterol, curb appetite, act as an antioxidant, and help with blood sugar stabilization. And B-6 which helps with energy production, may lower cholesterol, reduce inflammation associated with arthritis and carpal-tunnel syndrome and helps with water retention.

MRC-6 is not a fat blocker and there is a difference between body fat and the essential fats that your body uses and needs to function properly.
    So there we go! She is a fount of knowledge that one, and SO helpfull. I for one and just glad to know what is in MRC-6 so when someone asks me, I can now answer!
  • Hi everyone!
    I have a couple of questions for you all:

When I was given food instruction, I was told that we could use salad dressing that was up to 2g fat, 3 carb, no sugar. The new supervisor at my center says it has to be completely fat free. I told her that if it has the good oils in it, like olive oil, then it would NOT be fat free.

Also - I was told originally that if you have a thyroid disorder that you cannot take All Day Weight Loss or Metabolic Enhancer. This new supervisor says it doesn't matter if you have a thyroid problem, you can take anything.

Does this sound right to you?? I sounds wrong to me.

Thanks!
  • Diana to add to Sam's Melba toast location - in my grocery store they are located next to the crackers (saltines and graham crackers, etc.)
  • Hvnlymzic - Thanks so much for all the info from you MRC manager. Your body definitely needs a good source of daily fat. I take 6000 mg of fat from fish oil and CLA each day.
    Thanks also for posting your before picture. It's so nice to see your bright shining face. I can't wait til you post your after pic!!!
    I'm with you on weight gains. I know I'm doing all I can on this weight loss journey. I have never felt better and more energetic in all my life! So when I gain weight even though I'm doing what I'm supposed to do, I know eventually the scale will show how the dedication to staying on plan has payed off.

Raemi13 - Sounds wrong to me too. You can have 3 tsp of olive oil per day. I would not take All Day Weight Loss or Metabolic Enhancer if I had a thyroid problem.
    We have to remember that the people who work at MRC aren't perfect. They should give us all correct and consistent information, but they usually do there best with what they know. Don't give up on a great program that was developed by weight loss physicians and dietitians all because of a few misinformed staff members.

Goal4Life and oreoparent - Congrats on your awesome weight loss.
    The 30 lb mark was a pivotal moment in my weight loss journey. I still remember picking up a 30 lb bag of beans, and how that made me feel. oreo, you are almost at the half way point!!!

Well, I went for my weekly WI today and showed a 4 pound loss!!!
    I'm feelin' so fine now that I'm down NINETY-NINE!!!
    100 POUND BOARD, you will be mine next week.
  • DONUTS You are my hero! I am so excited for you!!!!!

I can't wait until your next weigh in! I think 99 sounds wonderful! You are one of the people here who continue to give me hope when I start questioning my ability to lose! Thanks for all your sharing and enthusiasm!
  • WOW, donuts! 99lbs!!! Excellent! You took the words out of my mouth when you said that even during the gains you know that sticking with the plan will pay off eventually. That's what keeps me going through the ups and downs - in the long run, I do keep losing!
  • Donuts - CONGRATS!! 99 is awesome...I can't wait until I'm there...I know it'll be soon, but probably in January at this point, but thats awesome. I'm always glad to hear your point of view. There are several in this group who have wonderful information to impart, but yours always rings through a bit more since I know you've got education in health backing it up. I took a couple semesters of nursing classes before I decided to go with teaching music, so I have a real heart for learning about health, so I appreciate you!
    Raemi - I use the Wishbone Spritzers for salad dressing more often than not or when I'm out, I chose a vinagrette of some kind or at last choice I'll dip salad bites on the fork into a light Italian...if they have none of the above, I don't order salad. There are several recipes for salad dressing in the cookbook...let me know if you want one.

Hear Ye, Hear Ye - get a good look at the before picture (click the chick)...I'm taking her down and putting up her 80 lighter twin sometime this weekend.
  • 99 LBS!!!! WOW - you have successfully removed 99 lbs.!!! Can you even lift that much now? WOW!!!

Way to go!!!
  • DONUTS: I second the person who said that you're her hero. Do you realize that you've lost the equivalent of a teenaged girl?

Someone just dropped by who just got back from England and brought me my favorite english treat (from when I lived there)--a roll of chocolate digestive biscuits. SOooooo thoughtful. I'm taking them (unopened) to a party tonight. When I lived in England, I could scarf down the whole roll in a sitting.
  • Ditto on Donuts!
    You are a weight loss hero!
    You made me thing about when I get to 99. I will then be only 11 pounds from my goal! What an encouragement!
  • Quote: Alright, I emailed the manager of my center and asked her about taking MRC-6 and Flax together. The question was, in case anyone doesn't know, how can we take MRC-6 and Flax together without the MRC-6 pulling the Flax right back out of our systems? Here is her answer...

So there we go! She is a fount of knowledge that one, and SO helpfull. I for one and just glad to know what is in MRC-6 so when someone asks me, I can now answer!
    I know I'm a pain in the neck, but it still doesn't make sense to me, unless she's saying that our body fat gets into the digestive system, & how would that happen? Maybe I need to revisit biology 101?
  • Quote: Hi everyone!
    I have a couple of questions for you all:

When I was given food instruction, I was told that we could use salad dressing that was up to 2g fat, 3 carb, no sugar. The new supervisor at my center says it has to be completely fat free. I told her that if it has the good oils in it, like olive oil, then it would NOT be fat free.

Also - I was told originally that if you have a thyroid disorder that you cannot take All Day Weight Loss or Metabolic Enhancer. This new supervisor says it doesn't matter if you have a thyroid problem, you can take anything.

Does this sound right to you?? I sounds wrong to me.

Thanks!
    Sounds wrong to me too - I was given the same rule about salad dressing (2g fat, 3g carb) - and why shouldn't you be able to count that as your fat, especially if it's olive oil?
    As far as the thyroid issue, I'd check with my dr if it was an issue - I'm sure there was a reason for saying not to use it. Maybe this supervisor is TOO new!