South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 04:38 PM   #1  

Default Phase I Starters and Restarters - Oct. 10 to ?

I split this off as the other Phase I Thread was getting too long and slows loading for people with dial-up. There is lots of good stuff in that thread though so let's not lose it. Here's the URL for reference. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120860

New folks, once you have introduced yourself, please post questions or comments in this ongoing thread so all can benefit.

Thanks!

Ruthxxx

Here's Didi's post.

Hi Beach Chicks..
I've been MIA for a few days. Took a few days off from work and haven't been online.
Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.
I've fallin off a bit, but getting right back on track.
Being home over the weekend and not preparing did me in. But that's over with and I'm back beaching it...

Di
Old 10-09-2007, 05:18 PM   #2  
luvscoffee

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Default Back AGAIN

Well I am back on phase 1 AGAIN. I half stayed on Phase 2, but it obviously didn't work very well. I gained 8-10 lbs back which I feel is terrible. I attribute it all to a lack of planning, meals etc. I am on day 2 right now and doing fine. I just wanted to say hello again.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:02 AM   #3  
Michael Ann 1973

Hey luvscoffee,

WB and best of luck to you :-)
Old 10-10-2007, 12:21 PM   #4  

I have been on SBD since Sept 23. I lost 9 lbs in the first two weeks. As soon as I went onto phase 2 I gained back 2 1/2 lbs. I've been staying away from everything and I only added one piece of whole grain bread into my diet - otherwise I am doing everything as I did on phase 1. This is not the first time this has happend to me. This is why I fail. I stick to it but I somehow don't do it correctly. Any advice? Has this happened to anyone else? I'm scared to try any of the other newly allowed foods since just adding one slice of whole grain bread has seemed to end the diet success for me. PLEASE HELP. I AM DESPERATE TO MAKE THIS WORK but I know I can't stay on phase 1 forever.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:22 PM   #5  

Height: 5'2'

I'm on day 3 today! Doing well, down a few pounds. This last lapse has made me realize I need this to be a life time thing. There is no going back to eating junk. It will result in weight gain and tummy aches! Why is that so hard to grasp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flwrgrlie View Post
I have been on SBD since Sept 23. I lost 9 lbs in the first two weeks. As soon as I went onto phase 2 I gained back 2 1/2 lbs. I've been staying away from everything and I only added one piece of whole grain bread into my diet - otherwise I am doing everything as I did on phase 1. This is not the first time this has happend to me. This is why I fail. I stick to it but I somehow don't do it correctly. Any advice? Has this happened to anyone else? I'm scared to try any of the other newly allowed foods since just adding one slice of whole grain bread has seemed to end the diet success for me. PLEASE HELP. I AM DESPERATE TO MAKE THIS WORK but I know I can't stay on phase 1 forever.
Do you have a fitday account where you record what you are eating? That is a good way to see where the little extras sneak in, or what may be triggering a weight gain.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/See Ticker/152

Height: 5'8"

Hello All, I am on day 2 of phase 1. So far so good except that I am starving. Don't worry, it's just because I didn't bring enough snacks to work with me, so I'll pick up some more veggies on the way home. I am worried about a get-together I am going to on Friday. There is going to be tempting snax and alcohol, so it's going to be hard to resist. Other than hat, I am confident I will succeed (ya , how many times have I said that).
Old 10-10-2007, 02:46 PM   #7  

flwrgrlie - Make sure you are getting your 4 1/2 cups of veggies a day and drinking enough water. It could be water retention. We all go through normal variations in weight. For some people, bread does seem to cause problems. Many do best adding a berry back as their first phase 2 food. If you post your menu, maybe some of us can offer suggestions.

Steen - Make sure you eat before you go to your gathering on Friday. That will help you to stay away from the stuff that is off plan. Get yourself something diet (or water) to drink as soon as you get there and walk around sipping your drink. Be prepared that there might not be anything there you should eat. You could also call the host ahead of time and find out what will be there. Sometimes I bring a snack with me that I know I can eat (like deviled eggs).
Old 10-10-2007, 02:51 PM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flwrgrlie View Post
Wow, Flwrgrlie! Take a deep breath, hon! First of all, it's normal to gain a little weight on Phase 2. Your body has to get used to adding in foods, and you have to figure out what foods are best for you (i.e. don't cause cravings and don't make you gain weight). I gained weight during Phase 2...think it was 5-7 pounds, but eventually I figured out my "combo" and lost from then on...over 100 pounds later, I'm still working it. So PLEASE don't stress about the weight gain! I know that's hard after all that P1 work, but focus on figuring out what works for you.

The truth is, it's pretty hard for one slice of whole grain bread, over three weeks, to cause you to gain 2.5 pounds. Something else is going on! Perhaps you've gained back some water you lost. Perhaps you are eating other things and don't know it. Perhaps you are close to TOM?

Try posting a menu here so we can help you see if anything snuck into your diet. In the meantime, check out the What's Your P2 Combo and the Phase 2 Emergency Handbook threads. You'll find tons of GREAT information in there about how to make the transition. For now, get rid of the bread (or try eating it at a different time of day) and try something else--maybe berries? They have a low glycemic index, so they might be easier for you to handle. You CAN do this, hon!

Last edited by beachgal; 10-10-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:57 PM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drgnfly423 View Post
This last lapse has made me realize I need this to be a life time thing. There is no going back to eating junk. It will result in weight gain and tummy aches! Why is that so hard to grasp?
Amen, sistah! That's SO true! I used to wish that there was some kind of immediate physical response to eating "bad" things...and now there is! Shoulda kept my mouth shut, eh? Careful what you wish for...

Anyways, as much as I enjoy the freedom of going off plan (which I only do when I've planned to do so!), each time I'm reminded of why I really love eating this way and why I started SBD in the first place. I start feeling horrible the first morning and feel worse and worse as time goes on. I'm a grouch and snap at my poor husband...and the only thing I can think about is when I'm getting more sugar! It's not a good existence.

With SBD, I can focus on the things I missed before...like hanging out with friends instead of hanging at the food table. I'm glad you're doing so well, Drgnfly and figuring out all these important truths!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:02 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Hi all! Phase 1 day 2 for me. Yesterday was fine. Terrible headache today, though...it's always the case when I give up sugar/carbs. When I'm eating too many I get headaches every single day!!! Many days are migraines!!! When I finally rid myself of wheat and gluten...I feel tremendous!!! It takes me about 5 days though. I ate whenever I was hungry yesterday. I took small portions and went back in 10 mins if I was still hungry. I made the Wendy's chili which was fabulous. I have enough to freeze for quick stuff!!! I also made the cheescake thing but forgot the Splenda (yuck) but sprinkled it on top (better). But so far so good!!! I posted "hello" if you want my history!! Looking forward to posting and reading (and losing)!!

Kristen
Old 10-11-2007, 09:37 AM   #11  
tick tock

S/C/G: 164/109/100

Height: 5'3

I have a question! Haha.

I'm on day two and things are going good so far. I was wondering though.

You know how it said on the nuts allowed list 3TBS sunflower seeds?

Did they mean with or without the shells?

Last edited by triptropicana; 10-11-2007 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:40 AM   #12  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvscoffee View Post
Well I am back on phase 1 AGAIN. I half stayed on Phase 2, but it obviously didn't work very well. I gained 8-10 lbs back which I feel is terrible. I attribute it all to a lack of planning, meals etc. I am on day 2 right now and doing fine. I just wanted to say hello again.
that's pretty much me too. Phase one begins on Saturday.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:04 AM   #13  

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post. I will check out the fitday account. You were all right, too. I was talking to my husband last night - going over what I've been eating. he does the cooking and he's been making phase 2 meals all week. I guess I've probably been getting more carbs that way, too. We're going to plan out our meals together now so I can really keep track. thanks! I just found this forum and I think it's really great. ~flwrgrlie

Last edited by flwrgrlie; 10-11-2007 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:31 AM   #14  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by triptropicana View Post
You know how it said on the nuts allowed list 3TBS sunflower seeds?

Did they mean with or without the shells?

I hope they meant the sunflower kernels, cause that's what I eat.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:35 AM   #15  
tick tock

S/C/G: 164/109/100

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post
I hope they meant the sunflower kernels, cause that's what I eat.
Same here. I buy a bag with the shells which converts to 3 TBS of kernels. It's such a long lasting snack, usually I can munch on it for an hour or more, but I was worried I could be wrong.
Closed Thread