The Magic Bullet

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Ahh, ok. Do you just mix the box up and mix it in the bullet? Then freeze??
  • Amy - I wouldn't use the box, just the powder! LOL!

I just made "something" and used 2T of the SF chocolate pudding, 1C of skim milk and 1/2 of finely crushed ice. I drank it but it really was like drinking slushy chocolate milk. I should have stuck it in the freezer and made it frosty like, but I wasn't thinking. Next time. Maybe others more savy will chime in.
  • I really should do the infomercial, I've created converts.

For the berries and ricotta, I take either a of berries, 2 packets of equal, and a half protein serving of Ricotta. I toss it all into the short cup and pulse it a few times. It's almost like eating ice cream.
  • Jersey - I use the LAWL shakes..they count as a lite and have fewer calories than the bars.
    Tonight I made a chocolate banana shake (frosty consistency)

Crushed ice
    1/2 banana (1 fruit)
    4oz Skim Milk (dairy)
    LA Lite Chocolate Shake Mix

It was delish!
  • Yum Megan...I need to pick up some ricotta that the grocery.
  • oh yeah..Jersey..

Put the ice in then fruit..then liquid and add the packet of shake mix last. Put on the mixing blade and go to town. I pulse ...pulse ..shake ..shake...pulse ..pulse..until it looks like a frosty!
  • Does any one use whey protein when making the shakes? of flaxseed? I am just curious because I have heard people at work discussing this.
  • I don't, dutchess...but speaking of the flaxseed....you get the most benefits out of flaxseed when it is ground up, and the magic bullet works really well for that. We just put about a cup of flaxseed in, grind it up, then keep it in the refrigerator and use it on everything!
  • I use the LA shakes all the time in my BC - my favorites are (as Debbie has said) chocolate with banana and milk or vanilla with raspberries and milk. Preferably I use frozen fruit, but if I don't have frozen fruit I just add a little more ice.
  • I had mentioned my recipe on the previous page for my strawberry smoothies which include whey protein powder (chocolate).
  • I am going to jump in here and say thanks for the recommending the Magic Bullet! I have been drinking "green smoothies" all week and getting a lot more leafy greens in my diet that usual. I throw in a generous handful of fresh spinach leaves and some water, blend until liquified, then add a banana, a few frozen strawberries and 3 or 4 ice cubes and blend. It makes a wonderful fruit and spinach smootie which tastes fruity and I really don't notice or mind the spinach at all! Wonderful! I have done the same with fresh kale. Thanks!
  • Joni, have you perfected the FF Jello pudding mix yet? I bought some on sale this week and would like to try...

Thanks!
  • Has anyone come up with new recipes lately? I'm getting a BC for my bday! Can't wait to have some nice treats!
  • I made a cheesecake out of it... I adjusted it to be a little more LAWL friendly... I used RF Cream Cheese (1 block), 1/4c Splenda for baking (I recommend less, maybe 1/8+), 1 teaspoon vanilla, and egg subsitute. Sooo good. I poured it into a RF Graham cracker crust. They suggest taking blueberries or any other kind of berries and puree-ing them up in the bullet, pouring them over it, then putting fresh berries on top of that.

It's really really good....

Here's where I get my recipes... www.buythebullet.com

They have a link for recipes...
  • OK I have become a Bullet convert. I am wondering if anyone has purchased the cookbook with 101 Bullet recipes? Is it worth it?