LAWL Losers and Friends - April, 2007

You're on Page 39 of 99
Go to
  • Okay for those with the latest version of the cookbook... I thought I had made every recipe in the book but alas.. tonight I tried the Sweet and Sour Chicken.. it's made with green pepper, green onion, pineapple, tomato..
    all I can say is WOWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Put it on your Must Make list!
    I've been making a lot of the South Beach Diet recipes since they really follow what I've been doing for years, whole grains, low fat milks/cheeses, lots of veggies etc.. and no artificials sweeteners and sugars etc.. so I have found some superb dishes that are very LAWL friendly.. when Nicole is back I'll have her submit a few or Erika if you still exist maybe you can throw a few in too!
    Off to eat my delish supper!!
  • Oooh, I love that recipe. My only problem with it is only eating one serving!
  • I handcuffed myself to the stove and threw the other half of serving into a tupperware acros the room so I wouldn't eat it.. but now I'm chained up and can't get to the TV to see Sanjaya.. DARN!!
  • Kelli! There you are. Thanks for the kind words...so helpful! I am so with you on the "things only work for so long" theory. I have done WW a few times over the years and I lose initially but then I hit a plateau and that's it. Then I try to rededicate myself but the magic is gone. I always get to 150. The end. I have done every diet imaginable and I just cannot give up. The first day I went to LAWL my COD said "Let's get you past that 150 mark for starters and every week I get a little closer and it's so exciting. And might I say, that's awesome that you are in a size 4/5...I can't even imagine what that will feel like. That's also awesome that you are going to the gym. You are obviously a tiny person so getting toned up is huge. You go!!!

Kristen...OMG...6 OUNCES? I think you are there. Congratulations from the bottom of my heart. You need to go back and take a look at your "before" pictures.

Jillian...why are you moving back to SD? Where are you in NC? I have a sister that lives on Lake Norman and it's so amazing there. Have you ever been to Sturgis, BTW?

Can someone who has Deb's cookbook send me a copy? Are there different recipes from the ones in the cookbook from the COD?
  • vic--i'm moving back to SD because that's where my kids are. it's kinda a long complicated story, but i need to be closer to them since they're so young.
    i moved to NC in july last year, we live in fayetteville.

and yes, i've been to sturgis! my parents are and have been harley riders all my life. they haven't missed a year at sturgis since the 70's. it's a family thing for me! it's an amazing thing!
  • btw, kristen--you're sooooo there at your goal! 6oz! that'll come off in no time! early congrats to you! you rule!
  • I'll send it to you, but it looks like you dont have personal messaging enabled on your account to send you a PM asking for your true email address to send it to (DONT post email addresses here!).
    Quote: Kelli! There you are. Thanks for the kind words...so helpful! I am so with you on the "things only work for so long" theory. I have done WW a few times over the years and I lose initially but then I hit a plateau and that's it. Then I try to rededicate myself but the magic is gone. I always get to 150. The end. I have done every diet imaginable and I just cannot give up. The first day I went to LAWL my COD said "Let's get you past that 150 mark for starters and every week I get a little closer and it's so exciting. And might I say, that's awesome that you are in a size 4/5...I can't even imagine what that will feel like. That's also awesome that you are going to the gym. You are obviously a tiny person so getting toned up is huge. You go!!!

Kristen...OMG...6 OUNCES? I think you are there. Congratulations from the bottom of my heart. You need to go back and take a look at your "before" pictures.

Jillian...why are you moving back to SD? Where are you in NC? I have a sister that lives on Lake Norman and it's so amazing there. Have you ever been to Sturgis, BTW?

Can someone who has Deb's cookbook send me a copy? Are there different recipes from the ones in the cookbook from the COD?
  • Kelli-Are there different recipes than the ones in the LAWL cookbook?
  • Katie - darn, I got caught up with work stuff and missed the fat show. Working at home has its pros and cons....I just finished work and it's 10:30 PM. My day started at 7:30 AM. I think I deserve a comp day off!

Jillian - sounds like you are doing the right thing; moving closer to your kids and all. But you've got to love living in NC...I think the Carolinas are beautiful!

Good job BobbySam - 1.6 lbs after a holiday weekend is fabulous!

Night all...........
  • Quote: Kelli-Are there different recipes than the ones in the LAWL cookbook?
    Yes, and she did a FABULOUS job!
  • Hi guys
    I thought I'd stop in and say hi to some of my buddies... (Nicole, Kristen, Angie, Katie, Katiebug, Joni, JM, Kims, Wendys,Pearl, Megan, and the many, many, great people I'm failing to mention right now) There's lots of new faces around here,too . It's been a while since I've been around, and thought I'd stop by and see what's been going on. Far too much to catch up on, but I DID see that JM is soon to have her bundle of joy Josie in her very arms, and that Ms. Kristen is so close to goal!! I'm sooo jealous of your willpower and dedication, girlie.

I haven't really been OP for the last couple of months, but hanging around the same weight. I've had a bit of a health scare, and have been pretty much occupied with that for a while, but hopefully will have some better news tomorrow... If you could send some good thoughts my way, I'd appreciate it.

I'm looking forward to hanging out in here again...so consider that your warning...

PS. GO CANUCKS, GO!
  • Hi all,

This is my first time back on the program being a new mommy. I just started today, but it is going to be a challenge planning meals etc, with a 4 mos old. One day at a time I suppose. I got so used to grabbing cheese and crackers or peanut butter sandwiches the last 4 months. I am doing TO and boy I am already craving carbs!! Looking forward getting to know you all.
  • Welcome n41... We're a pretty good bunch around here... post often!!

As for me.. I spent the day being schmoozed by local hotels hoping to win the bid for the National Association of State Foresters 2009 conference. Started off with breakfast and I stayed golden, having a cheese omlet and only 1 slice of toast.. Lunch was a grilled chicken sandwich, but the Chicken Ceasar wrap and fries our host had sure looked DAMN good..

More schmoozing tomorrow, but if I could stay good today, I can stay good tomorrow...

Hope you're all doing well!!!
  • Good Morning All. Just wanted to report that I was down 1.6 at WI yesterday. Amazing!!! Considering the ham, the wine, (I mean fruit) and PEEPS from Easter. Not to mention all the other BLT's. I will take it!!!! I will catch up on personals later. I hope everyone has a POP day!!!
  • hey everyone! going to COD for my WI today. hopefully i will show a loss since i've been pretty much POP and i even got a workout in yesterday.
    i have today off, so DH and I are going to have our usual weekly lunch date. an amazing enough, i have saturday off too..no clue how, but i'm not gonna question it!
    i'll check back later with my results. if i don't net a loss this week, i'm going to MAKE them switch me to purple..or i'll just do it myself and not tell them. we'll see.