American Idol

You're on Page 14 of 35
Go to
  • Quote: Who got booted out of the final 12? I switched off after that Sanjaya bloke -my ears were hurting. Er, you might have to give me a description of them too as I'm not a faithfull fan of the American version after the injustice of Christ Daughtrey getting booted off last year.
    Brandon was voted off. He was the black guy who sang first . He was a background singer. He sang "You can't hurry love".
  • Quote: Who got booted out of the final 12? I switched off after that Sanjaya bloke -my ears were hurting. Er, you might have to give me a description of them too as I'm not a faithfull fan of the American version after the injustice of Christ Daughtrey getting booted off last year.
    Yes, but you can have your faith somewhat restored knowing he has a CD out (in spite of being voted off a bit early) and a song off it, something about, "I'm goin' home" is the new song they use when a contestant is voted off. Kind of fitting, I think...
  • Ah yes, Brandon. He was truly awful.

Glad to hear Mr Daughtrey er - edited my last post, seemed to have elevated him to undeserving status - has a CD out. Last I looked he was planning on releasing it. Thanks for that.
  • FYI, not only does Chris Daughtry have a CD out, but, from my understanding, it was the fastest-selling debut CD of ANY American Idol contestant ever (including winners). That means his debut CD sold faster than Kelly Clarkson's, faster than Carrie Underwood, faster than Taylor Hicks, etc. His album hit #1 on Billboard in its 9th week, beating out the Dreamgirls soundtrack (an Idol contestant competitor, Jennifer Hudson).

Quoted from his Wikipedia entry:
    "
    He joins Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, and Clay Aiken as the only contestants to reach number one in Billboard 200. Chris Daughtry is the only idol contestant to do so without reaching the final 2 during the competition."
  • I am thinking good vibes two days early that Sanjaya will go home this week. He's a cute kid, but doesn't hold a candle to the other contestants.
  • SANJAYA MUST GO!!! I am a Melinda fan all the way! IMO there are a couple who are really good but I just think she is the best. Looking forward to tonight but if Sanjaya stays I will not watch it anymore. I don't think he is completely unfortunate but others who have been voted off were much better.
  • Quote: SANJAYA MUST GO!!!

I don't think he is completely unfortunate but ....
  • I dunno...I think he pulled it off well enough tonight to hang around another week. I think we'll be saying good-bye to Stephanie or maybe Phil this week.
  • Daughtry's album was not only the fastest selling for American Idol, but the fast selling debut rock album EVER!! (God I love him) It's an amazing cd so BUY IT!!!

Blake is my fav guy, he is just too cool. I like Gina-she performed like Pat Bennetar today...the vocals werent amazing but she is a cool chick. Melinda is great though-the best singer!
  • Well some good song choices. Great to see Lulu again.

I enjoyed Jordin, Blake and Melinda.

Sanjaya was pretty awful but as Lakegirl said Phil wasn't that good or Stephanie.
  • Melinda is THE best by far...

Sanjay MUST MUST MUST go ..............

Did you see that cutie girl in the audience crying all evening and then being invited on stage at the end... I thought that was priceless and that little girl will remember that forever....
  • I'm afraid Phil will go this week, even though I sure wish it was Sanjaya. LOVED Melinda and Blake tonight!!
  • I think Sanjaya stunk it up in relation to the other singers (as always), BUT I do think it was his personal best performance of the season. It was the first time I could actually really even hear him much over the band. I think he'll be safe this week (thanks to Howard Stern listeners and VFTW supporters in particular).

I agree that Stephanie and Phil would be my bottom 2 this week. I hope it's Phil that goes, though, because I think Stephanie really has a great voice and just picked a bad song this week. Phil's always sort of gotten on my nerves for some reason.

Oh, and I definitely loved Blake's performance. When they were showing the clips of his rehearsals, I was afraid it was going to be a massacre with the song he chose, but when he performed it, he really pulled it off well.
  • I don't know why? STUPID~STUPID~STUPID! But I satyed up until 10 last night to watch the entire show even though I had to get up at 4am. Won't be doing that again!

I am still in awe of HALEY last night WOW! Was she stunning or what in those short-shorts! She is amazing Be still my

I really think SIN-J and GINA have got to stick around. What comedy That little girl was cute but boy were her ears hurting or what...I felt so bad for her crying like that. I was "like" I feel your pain sweetie!
    That had to be the WORST of the WORST American Idol performances of all time, at the top 12 level. I couldn't help when SIN-J "sang?" and GINA, poor thing she is really trying to "rock" or "goth" that look but come-on girl that was just horrible...that whole paint it black song and outfit, that was probably the worst re-done MICK song ever! My head still hurts!

Blake was great! But seriously, can't we just give the PRIZE it to MELINDA and go now?
  • Jill I agree about Phil. I just don't think he's that good and he needs to grow some hair.