10 POP days, but I am hungry!

• I am really hungry today. My sister & I started exercising yesterday on an outdoor fitness set here at work. Guess I burned a lot more calories doing that than from our usual walk. I ate the same thing I've been eating for lunch and my stomach will not stop growling. I am hungry.

BOOO. I don't like being hungry.

What do you do when you're 'extra' hungry?
  • Make sure you're getting enough water, that can contribute to a hunger feeling. What did you have for lunch?
  • I am drinking a bottle of water right now, hoping to curb this hunger. I hope it's just from dehydration.

Lunch was 2.5 cups baby spinach, 2T. raspberry vinagrette, 1 T. crunchy salad topper, 2 oz boarshead blazing buffalo chicken breast on 2 slices Nature's Own wheat bread, and 1 T. light mayo.

Same thing I've been eating for the last week for lunch, but today it's just not cutting it.
  • Yogurt or cottage cheese and fruit. Or slices of cheese and fruit I find satisfying.

Or a couple of hard-boiled eggs.

Things like that are usually good for me when I need a snack.
  • Boiled eggs! I need to boil some & keep in my work fridge. I think they're yummy & it doesn't get much easier than that.

I really need to go to the grocery store this weekend. Not being prepared makes it hard to make healthy choices. I need yogurt too.
  • Upping your protein a bit might help (try 4-6 oz instead of 2). Lovely has some good suggestions. I really like greek yogurt as it has a good amount of protein. Eggs are definitely a good choice. Light string cheese with a piece of fruit is always good too. In a real pinch I keep a few protein bars around too just in case. Soy nuts are good as snacks too... I like those for the texture. Carbs are great for the quick energy after a workout but you need the protein balance too for the long term satiety.
  • Thanks for the tips. I am trying to make a healthy grocery list today. I have got to be more prepared.

I did ignore the hunger though, and stayed on plan, so YAY!
  • Yay for staying on plan.
  • Sometimes a cup of coffee can tip you into "satisfaction" after a delicious meal (and your lunch sounds yummy). Also, a piece of fruit could do the trick.
  • I felt this way the other day, and then a trip to the grocery store was definitely needed and welcomed. Now if I feel like I want to snack, I have healthy snacks here to do so to curb those hunger thoughts.