What postive things happened with you this week?

• What positive thing happened with you this week? I've had plenty of things to complain about but I'd like to try to focus on the positives at this point. I know we can all relate to that.

*my daughter is slowly getting better
    *I had a good week at work
    *I saw the sun for a at least a little while
    *I'm reading a book I really like and I'm looking forward to my reading time

Anything you want to share?
  • *The class I teach ended smoothly on Tuesday
    *I got to play with my dog a lot today
    *One half of our property tax installment is paid (and the other half will be paid next week)
  • Yes, we sometimes need to remember to enjoy the positives.

*My son and nephew both started new jobs. (this isn't actually MY positive, but it relieved a lot of worrying)

*It was finally nice enough to move some plants in the yard without wearing hip boots.

*Mom is feeling better, which lessens my workload.

*I got back to exercising and feel good!
  • i had an absolutely excellent day today.

i went "shopping" in my bag of clothes that don't fit- only to find that they DO fit and are even a bit loose! huzzah!

my husband surprised me with a candle lit dinner for our anniversary this week.
  • Quote: i had an absolutely excellent day today.

i went "shopping" in my bag of clothes that don't fit- only to find that they DO fit and are even a bit loose! huzzah!

my husband surprised me with a candle lit dinner for our anniversary this week.
    THAT is wonderful! So happy for you!
  • What a great thread thanks for making it

*I confirmed that an important application (that would be near impossible to reproduce) was received. *Sigh of relief*

*I decided to run a 5K soon and started the "couch to 5k" running plan. The new exercise has been making me feel good.

*I lost at least 3 pounds this week (haven't weighed in a few days).

*I went out to dinner with my mom on Monday.

*I found out I will probably get invited to a wedding I wasn't expecting an invitation to. A lot of my college friends are going and it will be good to see everyone. I've been enjoying looking at dresses online and thinking about what I'll wear.
  • Love this thread!

* I got a call for a job interview and I'm not really looking for a new job. It's at a place that I would love to work though!

* Just got finished with a 6 hr lunch with an old friend. Was so great to catch up!
  • What a GREAT thread! I have so many positive things that happened this week!

* I got an opportunity to play tennis with a sweet friend of mine. I haven't played in abt 10 yrs

* I enjoyed a bike ride with my 6 yr old nephew whom I haven't seen for a significant amount of time in abt 8 months (double)

* I FINALLY saw the sun this week! Pretty AWESOME since we have had and tornadoes for almost ALL of April!
    Now, we just have major flooding! But, at least it's

* One of the ladies on my usual thread introduced me to Sunbutter. And, I it!

* I discovered a recipe online to make my own protein bars Just awaiting the whey from Amazon!

* I got the opportunity to drive my convertible

This list could go on!
  • My husband left for Georgia
    My oldest son surprised me with an early Mothers Day/Birthday party that was awesome!
    My youngest son grilled today and I spent the day with them for Mothers Day
    And tomorrow just me and the daughter
    And next week is going to be even better!
  • This was a rough week for me, and I love the idea of focusing on the positive in it.

-My husband recovered and was discharged from the hospital
    -I lost 2.2 lbs despite eating hospital food
    -A friend posted a photo of her and I on facebook, and I actually liked the way I looked in it! First time in FOREVER. And my husband saw it and said "whoa, you look hot!"
    -I was trying to find something to wear today, and found that clothes that were very snug or unwearable last summer are now too big on me
    -I made some major progress in cleaning out my kitchen tonight, and re-organized the fridge, freezer, pantry, some shelves and a cupboard. I threw out 4 trash bags of stuff, and stocked the house with good low-carb foods for my husband
  • * I went shopping with two of my friends and ended up bying a few items which I really like and can't wait to wear!

* I resisted the temptation to eat ice-cream yesterday.

* Most of my exam weeks are over now, just a few tests left. Great to let go off that awful stress...

* Looking forward to a convention which my parents resently allowed me to attend. YAHOO! ;D