Losing my taste for food? Normal?

• At the beginning of my journey I was constantly looking for new recipes, cheesy concoctions (I'm on Atkins) and eating quite a bit. I went through a long phase where I didn't want to eat at ALL due to stress, and now that my life has balanced out a bit more and I have my appetite back I've found that food just isn't that great anymore. I'd rather just have a quick salad for lunch than worry about slaving over some meal. I'd rather have a slice of cheese for a snack than prepare something elaborate. I feel like I eat for hunger now instead of taste because the taste is never really that great anyway. Sometimes I'll be sitting on my computer and think "Hm...I'm kinda hungry. Maybe I should eat." and then go grab some egg salad or something.

Is this normal? Has anyone else had this happen to them? I hope I stay like this! Not worrying about food 24/7 is a very welcome change.
  • For me, I lost my taste for meat and really a lot of my old favorites. I then fell in love with all sorts of foods, some a bit too much
  • I've found that food like fast food and diners like dennys and ihop taste horrible and greasy for the most part now, but havent lost interest in all food taste.
  • I've lost my taste for sea food and some cakes and brownies, especially the kind with really cheap frosting. I've never been big on fast food but I can eat it if I have to.
  • NOPE can't say that i have haha.

Darn it.
  • In some ways I have. I don't HAVE to have something right this second because I don't crave a lot of crap anymore. Every now and then, I desperately want chocolate, but I can sleep on it. I used to not be able to!