Scared of Turkey day!

• My weight loss has been soooo slow, I have been trying to lose this weight and though I do not gain weight I don't lose- so Thanksgiving is here and I am afraid actually terrified I will not control myself. I am already depressed and I recently took some pics and I look so horrible I wanted to vomit, and depressed- If I binge I will hate myself even more and become depressed, any thoughts and other that feel the same
  • What's your plan for tomorrow?

I'm a little concerned that I might deviate from my plan, but I'm frankly more excited to see how I handle the challenge than I am worried about "flunking" my diet.
  • I agree with Nola. I'm kind of interested seeing how I do, how I portion my food and if/how I control myself. I think if you just THINK about what you're going to eat before you do, it helps. I guess if you don't do so hot on Thanksgiving, I think the most important thing is getting back on the wagon the next day! Just enjoy the day and try not to stress!
  • If you go off plan, just make sure it's only ONE MEAL and not a "free for all" bingefest all weekend long!

But seriously...even if the latter DOES happen, just pick up and get right back on plan...it'll set you back a few pounds of water weight, and by next week...you'll be back where you are today!
  • Relax. Keep portions sane, only fill your plate one time and leave enough room that no food touches another.

One piece of pie does not make you fat, the whole pie day after day, however does.

You'll be fine!
  • im super scared of Turkey day but like someone said above its one day. hop back on the day after.
  • Use your *fear* to your advantage.

Be DETERMINED to not overstuff yourself. You're afraid to not control yourself? Than make CERTAIN that you do. MAke CERTAIN of it. You decide what goes into your mouth and what doesn't. You've got the power here. No one else and nothing. You, you and more you.

Gear up for it. Psych yourself up. You're not going to overindulge. You're not going to overindulge. You're not going to overindulge.

Don't go into it without thinking it through and deciding EXACTLY what you will eat ahead of time. Exactly. MAKE A PLAN. And then stick to it like glue. Like glue. Don't give yourself permission to veer from it.
  • Make a plan, commit to stick with it and then keep recommitting to it. Make sure to include in your plan "run around, exercise in the a.m., enjoy self, laugh, etc."
  • I'm "scared"-ish too because I finally lost half a pound today and am pretty sure it will return tomorrow. I know what you mean about it's coming off slow. I've done so much work this week toward weight loss, both with careful calorie intake and an increase in exercise. It could all be for naught on a day like this. I don't worry about bingeing or going overboard, but I do worry about salt and off plan things. My body seems to like only on plan foods even in moderation.

Ah well. My plan is pretty simple. No grazing. If I have food it will be on a plate. I plan to have one small snacky plate (fruits and veggies) and then dinner when it is served. I will only serve myself those foods I really savor and so will probably skip the bread, the gravy, maybe even the mashed potatoes and stuffing. I want my cranberry sauce. I made it with pomegranate seeds. I won't pretend it's healthy as it has 1.5 cups of sugar in it, but it's really yummy.