W.O.W. No Foolin its Easter Challenge~~Last WEEK!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • WOW! We made it to the last week of this challenge!

I think I have been very successful with my workouts and for the most part my WEED. (of course not including the week of d-land)

Week 1: 138
    Week 2: 138
    Week 3: 136
    Week 4: 140 GULP
    Week 5: didnt weigh in
    Week 6: 141
    Week 7~137

I hope I end this challenge back at 136.

I decided that I am going to start interval training again. For those who don't know~ I did interval training starting in July for close to 3 months. Then I started trying for my distance/speed. (I think in January). My fastest 3 miles was 27:28, but then I hurt my foot and slowed down and doing a proper 5 minute warm up 5 minute cool down. Since then I've been going for distance, but slowed way down.

Interval training is tough, but I think I am going to go for it for the next challenge (well starting this week). So I will focus more on time than distance.

I also need to start focusing a bit more on my core training. The class at the Y is way too late for me, but I can come home and do my 20 minute pilate workout after my run. We'll see.

W 64 oz
    E 35 minutes
    E 1200 cals
    D pilates after my run
  • I am visiting my daughter this week and am so disappointed that she doesn't have a set of scales. I won't be able to weigh again until the morning after I get back home, which will be next Tuesday. I am going to focus very hard on my diet and plan to continue to exercise while I'm here. I even went and bought a kettlebell to use here. If I get a chance to weigh at some point this week, I'll post my progress - if not I will post my weight in the final weigh-in thread.
  • I just rejoined this last week so I only have one week to report but I did lose two pounds.

Week 6: 163
    Week 7: 161

However I was bad about eating all weekend and did not get any exercise in.

Today's WEED-

W - 64 oz.
    E - 30 minutes of cardio
    E - 1200-1300 calories
    D - get something done on the to do list for getting ready to host Easter

Hope everyone has a good WEED day.
  • Hoping to end this with a 106/161 hind of number but we'll see. Nothing much to report today - went out to lunch with a friend and went to take a look at the CSA farm I joined www.bloomingglenfarm.com it's a beautiful farm - can't wait to take the kids there in May. Hope everyone's having a great day - rainy and miserable here, ugh.

W - 64+
    E - walking
    E - whole foods, minimal sugar
    D - balance checkbook, do budget stuff (you know, the fun part of being an adult...)
  • MamaP~Keep up the good work and it will pay off.

Emily~The weather here is awful too.

The kids got to go on a field trip today. they went aboard the "Lady Washington" Its a tall ship that was built here where we live. Its our little claim to fame (its been in several movies, the latest was The Pirates of the Carribean; Its first was whichever Star Trek movie came out in 1994-95, generations I think). Anyway it was so cool for them to see it.

WEED was great today, work was kind of rough. Day off tomorrow.

I'm doing a low impact workout tonight, my foot is bothering me. 35 minutes of elliptical is what I am thinking.
  • Hi Girls... Sorry that I've been MIA... fell off the wagon for a little bit, but I'm back I'm gonna try to finish this challenge strong!!!!

W: 96 oz
    E: full body weights (done)
    E: on plan
    D: Control the sugar monster!!!!
  • Hi Dawn. Jump back in and work on your WEED!

Got in my workout this morning. I did interval training on the elliptical. My foot is still sore and I didn't want to push it today. For the first time in a long time I got in my full circut of weight lifting too. I generally do 15 minutes of strength, but tend to skp machines when they are being used, sometimes I get back sometimes I dont. Today I got in a good 20 minutes and used all the machines I like.

W 80 oz
    E 35 elliptical interval~20 minutes weights~10 min row. I will probably go back tonight and do 35 min of cardio
    E 1400
    DHousework. I'm babysitting today.
  • Yesterday's WEED was unsuccessful because my husband stopped at the store on the way home and bought chips to go with the burgers we were grilling. A bag for him and the kind I like. Grrrr. He said just remember moderation - easier said than done with me. I was really bad.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
    E - 30 minutes of cardio
    E - 1200-1300 calories
    D - knock more stuff off the to do list
  • we had bbq for lunch today at work. omg! it was so good! i ate well as far as portion size EXCEPT for the potato salad. it was sooo good! and i was really hungry. hope it doesnt hurt me too much on the scale in the a.m. but oh well. got some gardening (finally planted my flowers i bought over the weekend) in this evening and about 10 min. riding around the neighborhood on the bicycle.
  • Morning everyone.

I didn't make it back to workout yesterday. I was really tired by 2. I spent the day relaxing. (yes I was babysitting too ) I watched tv almost all day. something I never do. I also ate pretty poorly too.

Today is a new day. Cals will be fine since I work.

W64 oz
    E 35 minutes
    E 1200 cals
    D make it to the gym.
  • What's our next challenge? Has that been decided?

Anyway, tomorrow, I go back to work. Will be good to get back on a schedule.
    My sons went back to college. Quiet here again.

Trying to just get back into my routine. Better food choices, getting off my butt and moving. I have plans to go for a walk with a friend later, have been pulling some recipes for more choices, love to eat, so if we can eat and not feel deprived, that's a huge plus.

Today's weed
    W At least 48 oz, way down for me but harder at home
    E Walk with the dog this am and with friend later, need to get running again too
    E OP, POP day 2
    D She is in a better place. Rest in Peace.
  • MM~I think Memorial Day unless we want a longer challenge. 9 weeks to memorial day.

I got in a 30 minute run. 2.5 miles. I need to get my foot back to normal so I am taking it really slow. I wasn't winded at all during this workout so thats a good thing and a bad thing.

Off to lunch shop.
  • W 64 oz
    E 30 minutes
    E 1200
    D Its my friday. We will be doing a clean cycle today, its a short one So my goal is to make it through and be happy
  • Jeni, I like Memorial day, 9 weeks is enough time to make a nice change.

What happened to your foot? Happy Friday to you! All ready for Easter with the kids? I ordered Easter Baskets to be delivered to my boys, they will get them tomorrow!

Back to work today and I'm glad. I need it.

W At least 60, was definitely up a bit yesterday, so was up several times during the night, but that slows down as my body gets used to it again.
    E 2 walks, one at lunch and one with a friend after work and my crunches. Good for now, if there is time for something else, ok then
    E OP, POP again!
    D Breathe
  • Hey ladies -

Memorial Day sounds great, 9 weeks is a nice length. It is beautiful here today, DH is working late so I'm trying to figure out something fun to do with the boys. I bought a car yesterday (Honda Odyssey) it's my maiden voyage into the world of minivans but I really like it so far. I always said I wouldn't get one, but we needed something more than two sedans (especially if we're going to have a 3rd).

WEED

W - 64+
    E - running around with the boys, maybe some gardening
    E - good so far, just keep it that way
    D - de-disasterify the boys room, Connor has a habit of making quite the mess in the mornings