My face is skinnier! NSV

• I have lost 7lbs and am just barely starting to see some progress. I know it will be 20 lbs+ ish before I drop a size but today for the first time in many pounds saw "myself" in the mirror. I have cheek bones and actually can see them again instead of the puffy fat lady face I've seen lately.

Hey, it's a small victory but I'll take it!
  • I'm right there with you! I've almost hit the 17lb mark and am just now noticing that my face seems a little thinner. The 26s I have are getting looser, but I've always been able to fit into my 24s, although they were tighter. I actually may need to do some clothes shopping because all my pants are either too big, ripped, torn, etc. I've been trying to hold out just a little longer but we'll see.
  • Good for you! My husband remarked the other day that he could tell that I had lost. I asked where can you tell?...and he said in your face. So, I went and looked, really looked, and by god, he was right!!! My face is skinnier!! Here is to skinnier faces!!
  • great job all of you!
  • Yea! That's awesome. I always hated when someone told me they could tell I was losing weight by my face, but now- I'll take what I can get!
  • Oh yay! It's so great when the face looks thinner. be sure to take photos frequently of your face. you can really see a difference.
  • That's great!!

I have lost my weight so slowly (including time spent gaining it back and losing it all over again...) that I have yet to see a difference in my face or any other part of my body. I really want the face to slim down though because that's the one thing I can't cover up with clothes!
  • Congratulations Michelle!! I see a slight difference in my face as well, but I'm disappointed because I've lost 31 pounds and I haven't dropped a size yet I carry most of my weight in my tummy so I think it'll be a while before I can go on a mini shopping spree :P

-Stephy
  • Congrats Michelle!

I have noticed that too! My face seems more like "me" now. It does feel nice. We identify ourselves by what we think our face looks like. When I started losing that, I really got upset. Now that it's coming back, it's like a sigh of relief - oh there you are, glad to see you back!
  • Quote: Congratulations Michelle!! I see a slight difference in my face as well, but I'm disappointed because I've lost 31 pounds and I haven't dropped a size yet I carry most of my weight in my tummy so I think it'll be a while before I can go on a mini shopping spree :P

-Stephy

dont worry too much about the sizes.. i've lost 60 pounds so far, and have only went down one size in pants, still the same size in tops. i carry a lot of weight in my tummy and my thighs. so it's difficult to find clothes that fit right in smaller sizes still.
  • Yay, us!! Here's to skinnier faces!

Now if the rest of my bod would just get with the program. I lose weight in my face and boobs first (darn it! They could stay big if they wanted, I tend to be a small busted gal when I'm thin) then my a**, thighs, and tummy last. It's ironic, the saggy baggy belly is the #1 part of me that I hate. Grrrrr...
  • Ah congratulations!!
    I love seeing weight loss on my face, I think my face is one of the biggest reasons I decided to lose weight... it was sooo fat that my features were getting lost in the fat. These days my face is always changing, going in here , going in there I can't complain!
    Keep up the good work, it seems to be paying off for you!
    xxx
  • Congratulations! It's such a long journey that it's incredibly important to celebrate the victories wherever you find tthem. This is great!