Old 06-28-2011, 10:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

Default Atkins sweet tooth

Hi just discovered they sell Atkins bars in boots cheaper than on the Atkins website. Never had them before but wanted to try them. Just munching on one now and I love it.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:25 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by roobear View Post
Hi just discovered they sell Atkins bars in boots cheaper than on the Atkins website. Never had them before but wanted to try them. Just munching on one now and I love it.
Although the labels on those Atkins bars say "appropriate for Induction" and the newer "Atkins" books say they are ok .....NOT! They contain ingredients like milk, soy & peanuts, which are not on the acceptable foods list for Induction. They are common stallers for lots of people.
You may want to read this to understand Atkins bars and sugar alcohols better. Its quite an education for sure.
http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

Thanks or the info, hopefully I will be ok cos I am only intending have one every so often for the induction, not more than one a day if that. We'll see how it affects my weigh in at the end of the week, if its a problem I will stop eating them and maybe introduce them later on.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:41 AM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

There are lots of Induction friendly desserts on Linda's low carb site. Anything marked with an * is safe for Induction.
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/dessert_recipes.html

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 251

Height: 5'7

I find that the bars cause me to stall, and they are sooo darned good that I was endulging a little too often (daily). So instead, I chopped them into little bite sizes and would simply pop a little bite into my mouth if I really HAD to have one. I LOVE the peanut flavored ones....but I finally gave them up completely.
shrink me is offline   Reply With Quote