Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 02:21 PM   #1  

Default hot chocolate

I made homemade hot chocolate last night with unsweetened cocoa powder and splenda. Is this okay to make on the first phase?
Old 11-01-2005, 12:19 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Sparklers, I don't see why not. I use it all the time, even in Phase 1 and haven't seen any bad effects; unsweetened cocoa is allowed in P1, since it's in the ricotta cremes and, of course, milk and splenda are allowed.

I make mine with SF syrup and find that if I add the cocoa, SF syrup (same amount of syrup as the amount of sugar in the recipe on the side of the container), and salt in my cup, then mix it while the milk is heating in the micro, I can dissolve the cocoa pretty well in the syrup so that there are very few chunks in the milk. Yum! Using different flavors of syrup makes the cocoa interesting. My favorites right now are Kahlua and Toasted Marshmellow.

Enjoy!
Old 11-09-2005, 06:25 AM   #3  

Hey girls -

I find that unsweetened cocoa power triggers cravings for me - does anyone else find this? On my last SBD attempt I tried some hot chocolate with splenda and skim milk and I ended up majorly cheating - I just couldn't resist, it was terrible. This might just be me, though.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:07 AM   #4  

Smile that Explodes-
Actually, I feel better when I make hot chocolate, because I feel like I'm cheating and it fills me up. I also fill that chocolate craving that I get at night after dinner. That sucks that it triggers cravings for you. That happens to me when I drink diet pop, for some reason it makes hungry.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:32 AM   #5  

I also get that but I've learnt to control it - diet coke for example is my replacement for the carbs and junk that I'm used to. I know that soon enough I won't even want the diet coke so it'll do for now.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:48 PM   #6  

How about the premade sugar free hot chocolate packets? I have been using those on phase I because I figured they were no different than using crystal light or something....did I mess up and should I be making homemade?
Old 12-04-2005, 03:01 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Once again, what are the ingredients? We should be avoiding processed foods as much as possible. Use the unsweetened cocoa powder, Splenda and skim milk. It's better for you and a lot cheaper.
That being said, I sometimes use a teaspoon of the no sugar mix aith my coffee for a moch latte in the morning.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:00 PM   #8  

Once again? I thought this board was for asking questions. As I am only on day 3 I'm still learning and I appreciate all the insight those of you have who have been doing this for a long time, it is not my intention to aggravate anyone by asking dumb questions. The ingredients were checked before I used it: dairy product solids, nonfat milk, cocoa processed with alkali, calcium carbonate, canola oil, salt, artificial flavor, sodium casienate, sucralose, acesulfame potassium (non-nutritive sweetener).
Old 12-05-2005, 12:35 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

"Once again" was not directed at you! Sorry if you took it that way. We frequently have people who post just the nutritional content, not ingredients.
The ingredients look fine - go for it!
Old 12-05-2005, 04:31 PM   #10  

My apologies Ruth, thanks for the help.
Closed Thread