Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 07:25 PM   #1  

Default Started P2 and STARVING!!

Just wondering how everyone else felt moving from P1 to P2. I have been on P2 for 2 days...I am not able to feel full...I have terrible cravings for sweets...I feel sluggish and tired. I am following the menu in the SBD book. If someone could giving direction it would be appreciated. I have lost 10 lbs and don't want to gain it all back.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:33 PM   #2  

Are you maybe introducing too many carbs? Maybe start with just adding pasta, grains, etc gradually, one meal at a time for a few weeks before adding any more. When you feel the cravings coming back, back off these items for a bit.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:33 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Why don't you post a typical eating day, and we'll see if we can give you some advice.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:10 AM   #4  

Default Sample Menu

I am following what is in SBD Book pretty much
Breakfast: 1/2 old fashioned oatmeal mixed with 1 C Skim Milk, cinnamon, 1 T chopped walnuts and 1/2 Grapefruit
Snack: Granny Smith Apple w/PB
Lunch: Salad with ranch dressing
Snack: FF Yoplait Carb Yogurt
Dinner: Salad w/broiled chicken breast (skinless boneless) blue cheese dressing and zucchini and squash
Dessert: SF Fudge bar

I think you maybe right about adding carbs back...but I thought since I was following the book.

We won't discuss what I eat yesterday...it may involve cookies...

I am more hungry now then when I first started P1.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:16 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Aha! You need more protein, hon!
What about some tuna or chicken with your lunch? A hard boiled egg as well as your oatmeal? Protein will definitely reduce your hunger. Our bodies don't store protein, so when you need it, you NEED it!!
Old 05-31-2005, 04:08 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

hrly, cheating with the cookies probably brought on the craving for sweets. If the craving lasted longer than a day, jump back on Phase 1 until the cravings go away (usually 3-5 days). The book gives you a typical day in Phase 2 once you've figured out your own body...but I don't know many people who can have the 3-5 servings of fruit and 2-4 servings of starches that are in the book's menus and still lose! I eat one serving of starch and one of fruit a day. It took me a couple weeks to figure out what works for me.

I suggest that you add ONE thing to your day for an entire week. So, one bowl of oatmeal (no fruit) for a week. See how it affects you. If it bothers you, try another week of eating it at a different time (eating it in the morning gives me cravings...) or try something different. If it doesn't bother you, then add something different and do that for a week (like your apple snack).

Definitely increase your protein. And ensure that you have veggies with all three major meals and at least one snack. Instead of your yogurt, have cheese and veggies or beans and veggies. More protein and more veggies...it'll fill you up and keep you full.

Also, make sure you are drinking water. When you don't get enough, you get sleepy and sick. At least 64 oz of plain water every day. Crystal Light and Fruit2O don't count towards that 64. Okay?

You'll do great hon...it's harder sticking through 2 weeks of P1 than dealing with P2 IMHO. And when you figure out P2, it's much smoother sailing from then on. I gained about 5 pounds figuring out P2, but once I did, I lost over 90 pounds and am still losing.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:48 PM   #7  

I will give that a try...I just thought I might be doing something wrong since I was following the book..for the most part. P2 is harder for me to figure out than P1. I had the cookies last night and don't really have any cravings today. I just didn't like the way the 2 days in P2 made me feel. Day 3 is going much better. I am also going to start putting my information in Fitday.com. In P1 I was having about 50 carbs a day. Can anyone tell me how many I should be having at this stage of the game? I sure don't want to give up (worked way to hard) but I don't like feeling yuck either. Also, in P2 is there an unless limit to protien like in P1?

Thanks for all the help it is deeply appreciated
Closed Thread