Old 12-08-2010, 01:18 AM   #16  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

update on my poor fat floor poopin' kitty!

so saturday night she was licking like mad and i decided to brush her because it had been a while and what do i find?! she is being eaten alive by fleas!! poor thing. We've never had fleas before. I feel so bad for her and like the worst kitty momma ever for not noticing it sooner.

The vet thinks she was probably peeing outside the box out of distress, likely to either the fleas or possibly all the feral cats in our area that hang out by our porch. The poop seems to be a combo of habit and pickiness. when we keep her in our guest room/gym she has no problems what-so-ever but when she's out she'll go outside the box. doesn't make much sense, but we'll just keep her happy in the little room then.

so we have cleaned, washed, sprayed everything, got her some advantage, and hopefully things will go back to normal.

also- she weighed in at 18 lbs! doctor talked to us about that too and said not to worry too much about it- we have tried so many things to get her to lose weight, and like kaplods it just doesn't work. we've tried diet food, expensive food, a timed feeder, she just doesn't lose weight and when we try she is so miserable. he said it was ok to let her be fat and happy, but to watch her health and don't let her gain any more weight.

so here i am, kitty seems to be okay, but i feel guilty as all get out for letting her suffer with fleas for at least two weeks without even noticing. all this time because she's been stuffed in the bathroom in trouble because she won't stop peeing on the floor.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:16 AM   #17  
Keep going!!

S/C/G: 203/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

It's OK lizziep, we all make pet mistakes, and at least you caught the fleas! Better 2 weeks than 2 months. I'm glad things are getting resolved for you and your kitty.
chickadee dee dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #18  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

Oh I'm glad you found out about the fleas!! Thank you for updating us, I've been wondering about your kitty!
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #19  

I'm sure she'll be happier sans fleas. Just give her lots of love, maybe try a bigger box with an easy opening and keep her happy. Hopefully things will improve a little.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:02 AM   #20  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

thanks for all the feedback gals!! <3
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 279/272/175

Height: 5'9"

hey, since she is bigger do this.
buy a 15-20 gallon tote and cut a hole about litter box hieght.
put her litter in there, can add the lid if she preferes.
trust me your cat will love you for this.
i had to set up one for one of ny fatter kitties that had issues with a regular box.
its also easier to clean, less tracking!
couponmom85 is offline   Reply With Quote