Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 07:05 AM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 2/28 - 3/6

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...518#post787518

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 02-28-2005, 07:07 AM   #2  

Sorry everyone, but I am feeling yucky this morning, so I am not going to take the time to post about challenges and stuff. If you have an idea, jump right on in and challenge us....

Old 02-28-2005, 08:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday Morning ladies.

It is raining yet again and calling for it to turn to snow later. Yuk! saturday was a beautiful day and yesterday wasn't too bad. A little overcast. Today is just depressing.

Well I have officially ditched the wig. Can't say that it is great, but it feels better. It is only hair and it will grow, eventually. Trying to straighten some of the curl,but it doesn't want to cooperate. The color is a little too red,b ut it will fade too.

Eating has been horrible. Just don't know why we do these things to ourselves. We know better.

Yesterday I was in such pain. I don't know, but if I had to guess I would say IBS. I was doubled over with pain for over 12 hours. Nothing relieved it. A little afraid to eat anything today.

Monet. Sorry you feel so poorly today. Take a nap and maybe you will feel better after that.

Gator, what a game yesterday. I was pulling for you guys. Not a big Eddie Sutton fan.

Got to get busy here. Breakfast just sounded. Bagel and cream cheese.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:07 AM   #4  

JACK: I am sorry you were not feeling well yesterday! Get that checked out. There are things they can do for IBS, and one thing that helps is less starchy carbs... Anyway, I hope it is all cleared up. Yay, for ditching the wig! I know it has to feel better. A nap sounds good. I spent a lot of time this morning online, trying to find solutions to the cat problems. Tom is ready to kill a couple of them. And he is the biggest cat lover here! I hope you have a good day!
Old 02-28-2005, 10:36 AM   #5  

Default Good Monday morning

Hi everyone,
Sorry that i was missing most of last week, sort of a combo cold/intestinal thing. Sort of wiped me out. But I'm feeling better now and actually know what I'm doing again. Eating as a consequence was not entirely legal last week, and I didn't get in all of my cardio, but I did manage my 2 strength training days, and I did get on the tm yesterday afternoon and bowl 3 games, so it's not as bad as it could be.
I didn't get a chance to watch Kirstie Alley on the Today show this morning. But dh called and told me a little about it. She claims to have topped off at 203. But she looked more like I did at 270, so I have a hard time believing that story. She definitely looks better now though. It must be nice to make $$ off of being fat and then losing weight, wish I could do that!
Back on track this week, had my bacon, egg and cheese on a bagel and some peanuts so far. Also have some carb control yogurt, and an orange and some strawberries with me. Not sure about supper yet. Probably chicken of some sort. Because of the snow predicted for later, I'll move my gym day to tomorrow and do tm tonight, hopefully about 60 mins, plus the ab lounger.
Monet - sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Lay down and take it easy and you'll be back to normal in no time.
Jack-K - I hope that it isn't IBS, but it should probably be checked out anyway. My Mom never got rid of her wig until her hair came back in. And it definitely grew back a different color. But I can see how it would definitely be easier w/o it.
For everyone else, have a great day!
Barbara
Poughkeepsie, NY
Old 02-28-2005, 10:41 AM   #6  

Does anyone have the Sb Chocolate No bake cookie recipe? I can't seem to find it in the recipes sections. In fact there were only 2 pages of desserts? Doesn't sound right. Maybe I wasn't in the right place. A friend needs it and I think I have it at home but wanted to email it to her. Thanks
Old 02-28-2005, 10:44 AM   #7  

Monet, great, I just ate a whole bagle and some cheese straws (made with ww flour) and you tell me to avoid carbs. I had egg salad for lunch, maybe I will go get some soup. I made chili for dinner (no spaghetti) as we had someone coming to the house, and I am worried about eating all those beans.

Barbara, glad you are feeling better. We missed you. Sounds like you didn't slack on your exercise much to me. My hair is about 1" long all over. She shaped it up and colored it. Not too bad I guess. Just takes getting used to.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:00 PM   #8  

Good morning all. Sorry Jack-k and Monet that you're feeling bad. And woodfrogs hope you're on the mend. Don't overdo..... I'm having a rough time for some reason right now. I'll hang in there and see if I can get back on track. I'm building a fire right now in our wood stove. The winds are so cold out and they're really blowing. Tonight the temp. is supposed to drop down and get real cold and maybe even some snow flurries. Brrrr. Glad I don't have to go out today and can stay in. We barbequed steaks this week end and it sure made me want spring. My DIL was here from South Carolina for the week end. I sure enjoyed her. Shes bringing the grandkids for Easter. Woopie.... Guess I'd better go check the fire.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:32 PM   #9  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD MONDAY AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!!

Had to bust out of work...back door trots have hit me with a vengence! I think it's because I've been eating so much cereal in the morning. I know I haven't eaten anything to give me this condition (bad I mean) I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it's not the stomach bug that going around!

JACKIE...get that checked out...IBS is NOT FUN...Remember Kimmy? She had a problem and ended up being diagnosed with IBS and started taking a medication for it and now it's under control. Chili sounds good though...Kate is in the mood for Yellow Eyed Beans and a Cabbage Casserole
Talked to Cathy this morning and it's snowing there in N.C. Also noticed that it's snowing down in Corbin...We're supposed to get a cold front through here tonight and the temp will dip down in the 40's...I know you would probably love that, but with the wind blowing, we get cold down here!

TONI...Stay warm, and get ready for those Munchkins Easter will be here before you know it! My grill is out of commission right now, and I so miss
having my chicken on the grill! I fixed some burgers last night, but it's just not the same!

BARB...Hope you're feeling better...if it was anything like I've got now, I feel for you!
I don't get SHOWTIME, and that's where Kirstie's show is going to be, but I did catch DATELINE last week when she talked to Matt and he just doesn't believe that she's going to lose weight because there will be no show! Now that she's the spokesperson for Jenny Craig, she will have to lose something to be able to be paid! I did that once, lost 30lbs in the first month, but it got so expensive that I had to chose whether or not to eat or pay the bills...the bills won out and wieght came back! Jenny's food is good though, but it's like everything else, once you go off her food..........

MONET...feel better woman...you've put your body through a lot recently!

I'm off to sit on the throne!

BOB
Old 02-28-2005, 04:49 PM   #10  

Good Afternoon everyone! Its been a wild day here in beautiful, overcast, rainy sucky weather Atlanta.... I am SO sick of rain! I want some blue skies and sunshine!

Ruth and Erik came over and he did taxes. She went through some boxes she had left in her old closet, aka as the office. She threw out stuff that I was kind of surprised about. Pictures of friends from high school and middle school. Her feelings are she has not seen them since she graduated, so why keep them? I fished out the group picture from her trip to Europe with the orchestra, but she will probably not appreciate that I did that, so I will hide it someplace for her to find when she is cleaning out my house after my funeral.

I went to Petsmart this morning and got some special new kitty litter that is supposed to help retrain cats with litterbox problems. I hope it works, cause I am about to BBQ a couple cats.... Don't get me wrong, I LOVE these kittens, but I am at my wits end! James is going to contain them in his room and bathroom tonight for a week or so. Containment is the recommended method for retraining. I sure hope it helps. At least we won't have to deal with them climbing into our guests laps at dinner!

I was trying to do some cleanup on my houseplants today, and re-injured my ankle. I am back to hobbling around again. I am a bit frustrated, as I did not get as much done today as I had hoped, with Ruth and Erik here. I called Tom and told him I OWN him and James tonight....

Eating has been only so so. I had three eggs, and an English muffin for breakfast. then I had a PB&J for lunch. Too much starchy stuff! THEN, I had a snack of toasted Cheerios, so I had five breads so far today. I hope I can hold out and not eat any at dinner, but I have not even planned dinner yet, so who knows what I will fix!

I guess I have rambled long enough. I am going to go sit in the recliner and read a chapter of my book....

Old 02-28-2005, 06:25 PM   #11  

Gosh where is everyone. This sure is a quiet day..... I've done nothing of worth today except one load of laundry. Eating has been not so good. But I'll ride it out and be fine for sure.

Bob- Hope bathroom duty has gotten better.

Monet- Oh no with your ankle. You've got to get that better. Hope you had a good rest.

Jack-K- Forgot to say I'm so glad you've ditched the wig. Enjoy the short hair do. Bet you look good......
Old 02-28-2005, 07:19 PM   #12  

Evening all !

Monet, Woodfrogs and Jack-k - I hope you all are feeling better !
Monet- Becareful with that ankle! Maybe you should wrap it for a bit so you dont keep reinjuring it.
Bob- Do you have lots of reading material ?

Today went pretty well. It was so nice only working 8 hours today. I almost felt like I was leaving half day! It went so fast.

Mondays menu:
b- 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 1/2 ww bagel with 1/2 tbl lite creamcheese
s- Protein shake
l- turkey sandwich on ww lc bread with 1 slice of swiss, 1/2 cup Lf cottage cheese
s- Apple
d- 8 oz broiled rib eye ( cut in half and saved half for lunch tomorrow), steamed asparagus, small romaine/spinach salad with Lf Ranch.
s- couple bites of LC icecream
-
Old 02-28-2005, 07:42 PM   #13  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-K
Does anyone have the Sb Chocolate No bake cookie recipe? I can't seem to find it in the recipes sections. In fact there were only 2 pages of desserts? Doesn't sound right. Maybe I wasn't in the right place. A friend needs it and I think I have it at home but wanted to email it to her. Thanks

I found the receipe under desserts in the sugar busters receipe form! Then I had to try them! They are so good, reminds of my childhood when I first tried them! It helps the chocolate p.b. fix!
Old 02-28-2005, 08:21 PM   #14  

Reporting on dinner...I had some Maytag bleu cheese with triscuits...which was a no no since I had enough starches today! We also had steak and broccoli.

I am going to hobble to the store and do some shopping for my company. I am going to make Beef Wellington for dinner tomorrow...and then play it by ear for Wednesday.

I will check back in later!
Old 02-28-2005, 11:00 PM   #15  

Back from the store, and did a bit of work on stuff for the big arts festival I head up in April. While I was at the store, I bought an ankle brace. Oh, my does it feel good! I am afraid this is not a sprain, but the beginnings of a lupus flare. Just what I need...arthritis in my ankle joint!

I ate an orange on the way home from the store. They looked and smelled so good...it tasted almost as good as it smelled!

The kittens are contained. I miss them, but it will be good to have a break from the worry. The big boy kitten is lonely, and sitting at my feet. He keeps looking around for the girls....

I still have so much to do...I hope I can get a good amount done tomorrow. I wish I could afford a maid! They got the beds exchanged, but tomorrow I need to find sheets for it and make it up nice. Then, I think the room will be ready for company. The den better look good tomorrow morning when I wake up, or a certain young woman I know and love is going to have a very RUDE awakening!
Closed Thread