Old 01-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #1  
Determined

S/C/G: 260/266/180

Height: 5'6

Default Goldens?

I have an elderly doggie, a nearly 12-year old golden. He got really, really fat for awhile because he has terrible hip dysplasia and he couldn't walk around very much. The pain killers and joint pills he was on made him very hungry and didn't help very much, so he gained a lot of weight overeating and not moving. He likes to swim, and that was good exercise, but he's allergic to chlorine, so we can't leave him in the pool long.

However, we recently took him off the pills that weren't working and put him on regular human baby aspirin. It works wonderfully! He can even jump back up on the couch with me now. And he's shed sooooo much weight, I was so proud of my pup. I've got before and after pictures for him, but I can't post them yet (not enough posts), but if anyone wants me to, I can soon!
twirlandswirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'5"

That is wonderful! My goldie (now passed away) had a thyroid problem and was extremely overweight. Her meds helped her to thin down. I am glad to hear he is doing so well!
daizylin is offline   Reply With Quote