Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 03-12-2006, 11:50 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4

Default Have you noticed??

Have you guys noticed that the closer you get to your goal weight the harder it is to loose even one pound!?! I hope that I am not holding onto the weight because I am nursing.
KeriHallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 04:52 PM   #2  
resident lactivist

I haven't gotten close enough to notice. I know I'm holding on to weight because of nursing, but nursing's about ten thousand times more important, so I try (key word) not to let it get to me too much.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:57 AM   #3  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I'm not sure it has anything to do with nursing, as it's much harder to lose weight when you're getting closer to goal period. I kinda stuck at the 15 pound mark in trying to get back where I was. But then, we moved 2 weeks ago and I was just in a rearend collision Friday and dealing with the mess on that. Watching my calories has been the last thing on my mind. I've spent too many days on the road getting here and getting things done. Haven't gained, but not losing either.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:32 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBigMonsterMomma
I haven't gotten close enough to notice.
ditto!
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:49 PM   #5  
future lightweight rower

S/C/G: 146/146/135

Height: 5'9"

Yes it is getting harder - I'm lucky to see 1 pound lost every 2 weeks now - at least I am still losing though...but I'm lifting weights again so the scale doesn't tell the whole story either.
toybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Yes-it does get harder the smaller you get. The reason is because the smaller you are, the less calories your body uses during the same activities that a larger person is doing. It takes a lot more oomph to get a 220 pound body to walk a mile down the road than it does a 120 pound body.

My suggestion would be:
#1-PATIENCE.
#2-Up or advance your exercise. This doesn't always mean going from doing 30 minutes a day to an hour. It can mean switching from 3 pound hand weights to 5, or walking that same 2 miles on your treadmill at a slightly faster pace and finishing it in a faster time.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote