Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 06-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188.2/188.2/135

Height: 5'5"

Default TTC... almost

Hi all! I'm really just posting here as I'm super excited to know that my husband and I are due to start TTC in the next few weeks! I had an OBGYN appointment last week to make sure everything was in order and to try out a new doctor. I LOVED the guy I went to go see. He took time to talk with me about everything, I didn't have to wait long, and I was out of there in under an hour (including my yearly exam).

I feel much better after talking to him about what I should be doing as far as diet and exercise is concerned. I am just over 10 pounds away from goal, so I'd like to keep losing until I am pregnant. I wasn't sure if I should just try to maintain when we start trying. He told me to just keep doing what I've been doing until I find out I am pregnant. That was a big relief as I'd really like to get as close to goal as possible.

The baby fever has really come on strong since this doctor's appointment! My husband and I have been talking about when we'd start TTC for what seems like forever. It's just hitting me that it really is that time! I can't wait!

Good luck to everyone else out there who is TTC or who is trying to drop a few pounds before trying! It really can be done!
LauraLovesWeims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/227/160

Height: 5 foot 7

Congrats!
Brinty149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:08 AM   #3  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Awesome news! When I was planning to TTC and saw my Dr and asked about weight loss she said the same thing, and said I could safely keep losing weight during my first trimester as long as it wasn't more than 1lb a week (and joked that morning sickness might just take care of it)!

Best of luck! Our family is done now but I admit there is a part of me that really misses being pregnant.
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #4  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

How awesome =o)
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 188.2/188.2/135

Height: 5'5"

Thanks everyone! It's funny, my husband is pretty excited too. We were in Babies 'R Us the other day getting a shower gift for a friend (because of course everyone around me is pregnant right now). He was picking up baby clothes and talking about how cute they were.
LauraLovesWeims is offline   Reply With Quote