Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 03-07-2011, 11:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Diastasis Recti.

So since my last pregnancy was 12 years ago! And i thought i was doing a good job working my core before i got pregnant...does this DR mean my abdominals are HOPELESS. gAH!

i knew the ridge i was seeing wasn't the baby, And i asked the dr. about it today and sure enough it is a DR. i traced it and it doesn't feel too bad, just one finger width.

i feel fat and broken now.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

I developed one with my pregnancy with dd2, and it still hasn't gone away, although truthfully I haven't done anything to HELP it go away. When I'm standing up (in the shower, for instance) and lean back you can see a bulge all the way down from breastbone to belly button.

I have heard that after you have the baby you have to be careful not to start exercise too early or it will make it worse.

Don't feel fat and broken! Your body is going through he!! trying to bring new life into the world. That's miraculous and your battle scars are something to be proud of.

Last edited by goodforme; 03-08-2011 at 10:28 AM.
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #3  

thanks good. i just hope i get back some semblance of a shape when i deliver and recover.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Definitely talk to your doctor. There are exercises that you can do that help to correct it after your baby is born. I don't know if it ever gets completely back to normal, but my sister had this and she was able to get her abs back in shape.
ToriLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #5  

ooh thanks tori, i am doing some research on what works and what doesn't work. My dr. seems real dismissive of it. I am glad to find women that do recover from it!
Old 04-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/185/150?

Height: 5'6

I have this too! My midwife wasn't concerned...I am going to be starting the postpartum exercises from stumptuous.com and then ease into weightlifting. I've never hadn't low enough fat to have ab definition and I have so much loose skin around my navel that my goals are modest now. Spanx will always be my buddy...even at goal weight!
sarahmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #7  
Nat

S/C/G: 199/161/133

Height: 5'4"

Yes I have diastasis recti too. I've had physio for it, and been referred to a surgeon, and basically they've all agreed that the only thing that is going to cure it is a tummy tuck.

I know exactly how you feel about feeling fat and broken hun.
XenaGlamRocker is offline   Reply With Quote