Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 05-12-2010, 08:26 PM   #1  
nothing can stop me.

S/C/G: 260/249/160

Height: 6.00

Default streshmarks!!!!!

I would like to start using streshmarks lotion on my belly before the start coming out. But I am not sure which one is the best. Please help
smyrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Okay I've heard Cocoa butter is what most women use. But I have also heard that a lot of women will say even if you use the cocoa butter it doesn't mean you won't get them.

I personally feels it a genetics thing. Some women can look back at their family history and see if mother or grandma got stretch marks and their more likely not too, and others like me got them really bad and it didn't matter how much lotion I put on my belly.

I think it also depends on how big you get. I was chunky to start off with when I got pregnant with my daughter. I was about 215, but I was all belly at the end and sooooo big that it was all pregnant hard belly no fat that I could feel because my belly was so stretched because she was sooo big. 9.7lbs, she was a big girl. No only was she big, but I am short (I'm 5 foot even), I have no torso it's very short lol, so when I got this huge belly it was all in front because she didn't have much room to spread out. I think that's another reason I got stretch marks so bad.

Good news If you do get them they fade and their are creams to help that too. Mine are barely recognizable unless your like up on me looking, and if someone is that close they are way TOOO close lol.

I know they suck though, I didn't have but maybe one on the side of my stomach and when I got pregnant they went all the way up my belly and around my belly button.

GOOD LUCK!
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

I think its genetic, I was smearing globs of cocoa butter on my tummy when I was pregnant with my first and I still got them. I did the same with my #2 (13 yrs later) and I still got more.
I can't say it had to do with weight gain because with #1, I only gained 25 lbs. With my #2 I gained 60 lbs. either way I got them. With the ones that followed I didn't do anything and I didn't get anymore.....probably because the others stretched the skin so much that it didn't need anymore stretching. LOL
My mom has always been thin and she has them, so if your mom and grandma have them then there isn't really anything you can do. A cheaper way would be to put olive oil on your tummy at night.
**mine haven't faded at all, though they were purplish at first and are not skin tone. Its scar tissue, the only way I can see getting rid of mine (not everyones case) is to have a tummy tuck. Since I wouldn't spend the money on that I will have to wear them proud.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:20 AM   #4  
Mama x 3

S/C/G: 178/173/153

Height: 5'11

I used the cocoa butter religiously but still got them. I think I am genetically prone to them however. I had a few when I was in HS from growing so tall so quickly and then around month 7 of being pregnant with twins there was no stopping them. I wish there was a cream I could put on my csect belly lol
LexNateMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

There is nothing you can do to prevent them. Some women get them and some don't. It's genetic and lotions don't work because stretch marks are actually small tears in the lower layers of your skin.

Lotion can help with the itching though, so there is no harm in using lotion.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:02 AM   #6  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

I used cocoa butter like crazy for my first pregnancy and got terrible stretchmarks. This is mostly from gaining so much weight in the last few months from preeclampsia. The next two pregnancies, my weight was better and I didn't get any new marks. Didn't use any lotion for those two. How much weight you gain in a short period of time has a lot to do with it.
aangel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

I used cocoa butter and vitamin e oil and neither one stopped the stretch marks, but it did stop the itchy dry winter skin that was even worse with pregnancy. The ones I got with my 3 year old are so faded you can barely see them though, and the ones from my son are headed that way.
ToriLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aangel22 View Post
I used cocoa butter like crazy for my first pregnancy and got terrible stretchmarks. This is mostly from gaining so much weight in the last few months from preeclampsia. The next two pregnancies, my weight was better and I didn't get any new marks. Didn't use any lotion for those two. How much weight you gain in a short period of time has a lot to do with it.
exactly, The majority of my stretch marks came from my last 3 pregnancies where I gained 60 lbs each.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:25 PM   #9  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Sorry, but I am with the other girls here - cocoa butter or oils are great for dry skin, but NOTHING is going to prevent stretchmarks if you are prone to them, as I am. Anything claiming to prevent them is snake oil. Things like Strivectin can make them fade faster, as will an alpha hydroxy lotion like Amlactin, POST-baby, but during pregnancy they will come or they won't, and nothing I have heard of will prevent or even lessen their spread.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:20 AM   #10  

Instead of spending the money on creams.....treat yourself to a mani/pedi
Old 05-18-2010, 09:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 153/133/132

Height: 5.5

I think the best way to prevent stretchmarks is by making your skin healthy internally - so clean eating plus taking Omega supplements like fish oil, evening primrose oil, or vitamin e.

I, like some of the others, only got stretchmarks with the pregnancy where I gained 60 lbs. This was also my first pregnancy. I also was not eating very healthy (obviously - thats why I gained so much. Heeheeehee). Seems like most people get them with their first pregnancy.

Best wishes to you and congratulations on this new little miracle growing inside of you!
greenfishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #12  
nothing can stop me.

S/C/G: 260/249/160

Height: 6.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfishgirl View Post
I think the best way to prevent stretchmarks is by making your skin healthy internally - so clean eating plus taking Omega supplements like fish oil, evening primrose oil, or vitamin e.

I, like some of the others, only got stretchmarks with the pregnancy where I gained 60 lbs. This was also my first pregnancy. I also was not eating very healthy (obviously - thats why I gained so much. Heeheeehee). Seems like most people get them with their first pregnancy.

Best wishes to you and congratulations on this new little miracle growing inside of you!
thank you...
smyrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:00 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Cocoa butter didn't work for me either...

But I am looking into trying Mederma (sp?) to try and help fade them. I heard it works really well, and it might help for prevention.

Of course, lots of water and a healthy diet helps too, as you most likely know. :P

Good luck and congrats on the baby!
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:37 PM   #14  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Mederma won't help prevent them, all it does is help fade the angry red color of scars (which stretchmarks are.) Like everyone else has said, either you're going to get them or you're not. You don't have a whole lot of choice in the matter!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:38 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I just use aloe lotion.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote