Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 03-17-2010, 09:05 PM   #31  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

Hello, ladies! It has been over a month since I've been on here, but I definitely need to go on more often. My weight has been really creeping up and I hate it, but baby is doing great. I hope I don't have a huge problem losing the weight after he is born. I've got a little over 7 weeks left, but I am not ready. I just don't know how I'm going to be able to do this. My younger son is not even going to be two. I just hope it isn't going to be as bad as I'm thinking.

I hope everyone else is doing well!
aangel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:33 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

I was wondering how you were, glad you're back.
Don't worry, you'll be able to lose it. Just try to maintain where you are now by not giving into cravings and such.
I understand your worries as my youngest and the new baby will be a year and a half apart. They will be the closest, the others are 2.2 yrs apart. I'm freaking out here but I know it will work out...how? I don't know but it will.
(((hugs)))
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:33 PM   #33  
touchmytoes

ladies...ive been looking at pregnant belly photos and I was wondering when do you start to show? i have wide hips and a waist but im not seeing much belly growth so was wondering when this will happen..although i know this varies from person to person...

another scan on wednesday which placed me just out with dates but thats ok, lovely strong heartbeat..
Old 03-19-2010, 06:18 PM   #34  

Touchmytoes-I have a medium frame. Since I was thinner this time around I didn't start showing till I was at 11 weeks but it looked like I ate a good lunch that just sat there. From there it grew to a beer gut and then the preggo belly. LOL
Look for belly shots where the women look like their around the same weight.

I'm in shock, this time around I feel so much better physically then I did with my others. It has to be due to the exercise and gaining weight steadily instead of the huge amounts of weight I gained with the others. Don't remember when the waddling supposed to happen but it hasn't started yet.
Even though Elijah is kicking a lot more, I feel great. Aside from the big belly I'm getting I sometimes forget I'm pregnant. LOL

Last edited by mom4life; 03-19-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #35  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I need some help, ladies. When I was having morning sickness we got into the habit of eating out since I couldn't cook and DH really only grills. Well, morning sickness is over and eating out is still going strong. I'm going to gain a ton of weight if I keep this up. (And we're going to go broke if we keep eating out every night!)

Any thoughts? Any ideas on what meals I can prep part of during the day so I'm not trying to do so much right at dinnertime when I'm already starving?

I welcome any and all suggestions!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #36  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Can I join too please ladies! Baby number 2 is due Nov 17th!

Its still early so fingers crossed it all goes to plan, but so far so good. Very excited of course! Ive put on a lot of weight recently (just after getting some off ) so Im going to have to start watching my eating and making sure I keep my gym time as I had gestational diabetes last time, Im sure Im going to get it again.
SuomiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:40 PM   #37  
touchmytoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuomiSara View Post
Can I join too please ladies! Baby number 2 is due Nov 17th!

Its still early so fingers crossed it all goes to plan, but so far so good. Very excited of course! Ive put on a lot of weight recently (just after getting some off ) so Im going to have to start watching my eating and making sure I keep my gym time as I had gestational diabetes last time, Im sure Im going to get it again.
congratulations..
Old 03-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Gale02~I've been having the same problem. My morning sickness wasn't bad, but man am I exhausted! I've been buying things like simmer sauces, so I can just throw meat and veggies in the pan with the sauce and let it cook away. I serve with rice from the rice cooker and dinner is ready with minimal effort. We've been eating a lot of salads as our veggies too because sometimes a main dish is all I can manage. Sometimes simple dinners are all I can manage, like grilled cheese and tomato soup or quesadillas and a salad. DH can't wait until my energy level gets better!

touchmytoes~ I can't fit in my regular clothes anymore, but I don't have a belly either. I just look chubby right now. I can't wait until my belly pops!

SuomiSara~ Welcome!

We had our first midwife appointment on Friday. I really like her! Everything looks good, so far. One more week until the 3 month mark, I can't wait!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:32 AM   #39  

Oh boy, I've been having cravings outside of home lately. Orange Chicken and Wendy's burgers. I had Orange chicken both Friday and Saturday. saturday I decided to find out just how many calories I had in my order.....1500 calories. HOLY COW!! Good thing I've been doing my daily morning workouts that it didn't do much damage. But since I made dessert on Saturday, I chose to do another 30 minute workout to be able to enjoy that dessert. I gotta get a handle on my weekend cravings, that's the only time I give in to them.
I'm in limbo here. I have a midwife I've been seeing. I love her, she delivered my last child. Problem is that dh's job situation has been bad.....way too much work to where he's working through the weekends and he's also on call at all hours of the day and night. He recently put his resume up on a couple of sites and has gone on a couple interviews which seem promising.
If he switches jobs, well there goes my midwife. Unless we end up with an insurance that covers 100% or close to it, the insurance we have now only covers 80% so we're paying that amount as we go along. I have an appt with her this week and I don't know if I should cancel and wait a couple of weeks till we find out what's gonna happen. I don't want to dish out more money for her if we're not gonna continue with her.

Last edited by mom4life; 03-22-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #40  
touchmytoes

I really dont understand the paying for medical stuff over there, I must have it easy as i dont pay anything but then i do pay it within national insurance and tax i guess so it goes that way...

do you guys have to pay for scans too? cus if i did i would be skint as already had 3!

i know what you mean about the calories...ive been trying to eat well but its hard when you dont want anything and when something takes your fancy I just eat it regardless cus ive not wanted anything else...cheese doritos at the moment!! the worst crisps i could have!!

scan number 4 on wednesday and then she will probs release me til scan 12 i guess, have a long haul hol in april, really nervous about flying for such a long time as i sometimes get panic attacks especially when i get any little pains or something lately for obvious reasons...

further to my post about baby bellies...i have a very small swell just above my private bits...its soooo lovely to feel it!!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #41  

All scans are covered, provided that there is a medical reason for them. We were only able to get two: one at 11 weeks to determine the actual due date. the other was at 18 weeks to just make sure baby was healthy and all organs were in working order.
When I found out my midwife was "IN network" I was thrilled because I figured she would be covered 100% because that was my experience in the past with other insurances. But nope, not with this insurance. The woman told me over the phone when I asked about coverage, "Oh honey nothing is ever covered at 100%." So in our married life we've had insurances that we had out of pocket expenses.

Congratulations on the baby bump.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #42  

I'm very lucky in that our insurance covers all the visits, blood work, and scans and all we've had to pay is one co-pay for the whole time ($35.00.) I'm not sure how much we'll pay for the hospital though. I need to call and figure that out. Maternity coverage is different on our plan versus regular stuff. It seems they cover more. I'm grateful we have good insurance.

mom4life~ I hope your DH finds a better job with great insurance!

My boss wants me to announce to everyone at work soon. I was just going to let everyone figure it out on there own, but she thinks there will be less hurt feelings if I tell everyone. I guess she's right, but I have no idea what to say. Do I send an e-mail? I sure don't want to announce it in a company meeting with everyone staring at me!

Last edited by zenor77; 03-22-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:12 PM   #43  

Zenor77 just tell the news to a couple people that you can trust to blab it to the rest by lunch time. LOL
When I was working and pregnant with ds1, I told one girl and before I knew it I had people coming into my doctor's office (I was a front desk person) asking "Is it true girl, Are you pregnant?!" By the end of the day everyone including a couple of patients knew.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:12 PM   #44  
touchmytoes

I would simply just tell people in conversation as you go along that way (although it takes longer) you can then tell people as you see them, i have told some and i believe that they have told most but me being off all this week and going to scans every wednesday for last 3 weeks has kind of given it away. I dont mind though cus if something goes wrong I may need one of them to help me.

has anyone else flown long haul in their first trimester? im a little nervous about it must admit, but as im feeling really good im hoping all will be well.

feeling that in between feeling...fat and frumpy with not alot to show for it..so bikinis are out whilst we are away whilst everyone else (as we are going with family) have been slimming for last 6 weeks!! ha! im not moaning though..im loving it...bring on the sickness, the tiredness the sore boobs...
Old 03-22-2010, 11:31 PM   #45  

Unfortunately, if I don't send an e-mail or announce at our weekly meeting my boss will do it for me. She actually asked me if I wanted her to send the e-mail. She doesn't have children and although she is very nice, I think she's a bit clueless about this. Oh well... I'll figure something out.