Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 10-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #1  
Mom~2~B

S/C/G: 225/220/160

Height: 5'7"

Red face Just Found OUT!!

Ok so here I was trucking along with my Alli, losing a couple pounds here and there, learning I have PCOS and about to start treatment for that...Thinking Im on my way to weight loss and being the old me...

EEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR WRONG!!! lol

I found out yesterday afternoon that my Husband and I are goin to be a DADDY and MOMMY!!!

Now I just need to figure out, are you allowed to lose weight while preggo? Or is that a big No No? Is my nutritionist goin to have to change my diet, AGAIN?

I have so many questions but since I know the last arrival of Aunt Flow, I dont get to have a date with a Doc...but Im sure Ill figure something out and get my way lol

AND WHY, must the first thing that I found out that I cant eat now is scrambled eggs??????
Squeekerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:10 AM   #3  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

Wow! Congrats!
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:59 AM   #4  

Congrats! Weight loss while pregnant is not advised, but if you are significantly overweight, you may be able to maintain your current weight or just gain 5 or so pounds. I do not think a pregnancy diet is far off from a healthy diet, but there are a few things you need to steer clear from. I have NEVER heard you can not eat eggs... in fact eggs can be a good source of choline, you just need to make sure they are cooked thoroughly. Maintain a nice exercise regimen, working out has been proven to help with labor and delivery and can help you bounce back a little faster.

Also, from personal experience.... after you give birth and the doctor clears you for exercise (about 6 weeks after birth)... just DO IT! When that new baby comes, you just want to spend every second with it and it's very easy to put good health and exercise on the back burner... Then you will be like me, trying to lose the baby weight a year and a half after giving birth!

Congrats and good luck, and remember to enjoy the last few months of just the two of you!
kaybelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #5  
Here I come skinny jeans!

S/C/G: 225/Ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Congrats!! Definately talk with your doctor about the weightloss but it's generally not advised. I started my pg at 225ish and I was SUPER sick for the first 24 weeks I lost 14 ish lbs and I'm just now 1.5 lbs over my starting weight. When you're bigger it's much easier to maintain and/or gain much less ime.
MeganBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #6  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Congratulations!
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:12 PM   #7  
Mom~2~B

Thankies for the Congrats!

So Im approx. 5wks along...feeling really icky and I SWEAR I gained 10lbs this week!! I just decided to go ahead and eat whenever i feel hungry. I dont think I have been like gorging myself, although Im not use to being this hungry so....lol
My belly is soo swollen looking too!! Soo it may just be that...

And when I said I found out I cant eat eggs, I meant I found out that the baby doesnt want me to eat eggs...at least not in the scrambled form....
Old 11-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #8  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

congrats.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:48 AM   #9  

Location: Orignally from Central Ohio area now going to school in Utah

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Congrats!!! You know that saying you always hear, "When you are pregnant eat for 2" WRONG!! My daughter is 9 months old and I still have about 10lbs until I'm down to my pre-pregnancy weight... Starting off overweight means I should have only gained 10-15lbs total *gah!!woops* When I was pregnant and even now that I'm still nursing I have to eat every couple of hours or I feel like I'm starving... This last pregnancy snack = 1/2 a box of oreos and ice cream with a side of pickels... Next pregnancy snack = apple! hahaha

Hope your pregnancy is healthy and happy!
BrittniMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:29 AM   #10  
Mom~2~B

Lol I actually told my husband that after the end of this week Im goin to go back to eating healthy foods again. Cause since I found out Im PG, my eating like I said before has increased ALOT compared to my normal intake(number of times, not amount necessarily)....which I had found out that I wasnt eating enough before I got PG....but I think that I have really been making bad choices too. I feel like Im just eating whatever craving comes to me when I get hungry...
And for some reason I want SALT...I feel like someone could just go get me a salt lick and I would be happy....
Old 11-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

bleh i cant handle eating anything right now!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:53 PM   #12  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations!

I agree with Brittni. You're not eating for two, no way no how! Throughout your pregnancy you only need about 300-500 calories per day over maintenance to make a baby. That's not much!

I'm trying to lose huge amounts of pregnancy weight right now, mostly from too much chocolate. You'll be so glad if you can keep things in check. For sure eat when you're hungry, but like Brittni mentioned, make it an apple not half a bag of chocolate!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

Salt = boy LOL
Actually I dont believe in all those old wives tales but Ive NEVER been a salt eater and I craved it with DS soooo.. LOL
LookingForMeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:26 PM   #14  
Mom~2~B

lol I never heard that wives tale but I like it!! and its funny cause, I did a Chinese Gender Chart and it says Im goin to have a BOY lol Ill be really happy if I do!! I went out and bought paint for the nursery already today heeheee

And YIKES I kind of have been over doin it on chocolate, since Halloween....time for me to go find some apples!!

I have been goin to the gym and at least walking the past few days....but these cramps im having are driving me insane!! I read that walking is supposed to help them, welllll not so much for me lol
Old 11-11-2009, 11:45 AM   #15  

Quote:
And when I said I found out I cant eat eggs, I meant I found out that the baby doesnt want me to eat eggs...at least not in the scrambled form....
Oops! Sorry! I forgot that you are at the mercy of your hormones! (seriously, how could I forget?!) I've heard so many crazy stories about mothers who won't eat any dairy or something..."because my mom's aunt's best friend's grandma told me not to."

I also majorly craved salt in the beginning of my pregnancy, and I also had a boy... Maybe there is something to this! Keep us posted, It would be interesting to know.
kaybelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote