Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 09-29-2009, 12:17 PM   #1  

Unhappy Wet mornings!!

Jake is a belly sleeper. Don't know where he gets it--but he is. Every morning for the past week he's woken up with wet pj's, wet bed, etc.

The problem is that his diaper rides down in the front while he's sleeping. I've tried several things to help, but so far, nothing has.

I've tried:

buying a size larger diaper and fastening it OVER his belly button

buying the "right" size diaper and fastening it snugger at night

changing his diaper mid-night

snugging his pj's around his diaper

And, of course, I always point his penis down at night.

Is there any brand diaper that you other mommies can recommend to me? I'm getting desparate at this point, because I hate it that he's wet EVERY morning--I know that can't be confortable!!!!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

my mom would put my little brothers' diapers on backwards. It kept them from opening them, and also the back of the diaper comes uo higher than the front. just a thought.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:37 PM   #3  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Backwards diaper for my son too.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #4  
Here I come skinny jeans!

S/C/G: 225/Ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

The only thing that stopped leaks for us was switching to cloth diapers. Even at 2.5 if I put my son in a disposable overnight he floods the bed. Though I know that cloth isn't an option for everyone! If you want more info let me know it's pretty easy
MeganBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:24 PM   #5  

Megan, do you use the pants over the diapers? Does it make diaper rash worse?
Old 09-29-2009, 01:35 PM   #6  

No rash with cloth diapers. He sometimes gets a tiny bit red after an overnight diaper but it's gone within an hour of having it off and being wiped down. But other than that the ONLY real rash he's gotten since we switched to cloth was from teething.

We use prefolds and thirsties covers or wool pants as covers but I always put pants on over his dipes at night unless it's super hot. There are also some way easier options like pockets and all-in-ones (though those might not work as well for night for a super wetter). If you get a pocket idiaper like a fuzzibunz or a Haute pocket and put 2 hemp inserts in it's pretty bullet proof! we don't have a lot of money so I just put 2 prefolds and a cover on him, yes it's SUPER bulky but it holds all night long.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #7  

Another bullet proof combo is one of these:
Happy Hempy Fleece lined
with one of these
Under this cover

(Those may not be the best prices, a really good website/forum to go to for information and to buy used diapers is www.diaperswappers.com )
Old 09-29-2009, 02:18 PM   #8  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

It must be a boy thing...

I had this problem with my first son when he was little and now have had the same problem with the new baby. Never had this issue with my daughter though.

The only thing I found that helped was Huggies have an overnight diaper that are awesome. They are thicker in the front and we have never had one of them leak. The only thing is I don't think they start until size 3's. Not sure how big your son is, but maybe this will work for you. I just get mine at Walmart or Target and they are with the other Huggies diapers, but in a purple package.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I use homemade cloth diapers and have no issues (or had no issues with my 3 year old boy). With my little guy (4 months) I'm using pockets with a 4 layer microfiber soaker inside it (note.. microfiber must never ever touch baby's skin). They are the most bullet proof diaper I have ever ever used... even better than expensive cloth diapers I have bought.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:55 PM   #10  

Wow, I didn't realize cloth diapers were so......advanced. Just reading this, I have no idea what y'all are talking about!

Sounds like I need to research & visit some links.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:00 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganBeth View Post
No rash with cloth diapers. He sometimes gets a tiny bit red after an overnight diaper but it's gone within an hour of having it off and being wiped down. But other than that the ONLY real rash he's gotten since we switched to cloth was from teething.

We use prefolds and thirsties covers or wool pants as covers but I always put pants on over his dipes at night unless it's super hot. There are also some way easier options like pockets and all-in-ones (though those might not work as well for night for a super wetter). If you get a pocket idiaper like a fuzzibunz or a Haute pocket and put 2 hemp inserts in it's pretty bullet proof! we don't have a lot of money so I just put 2 prefolds and a cover on him, yes it's SUPER bulky but it holds all night long.

Can I just say WOW! I am so impressed, especially after visiting the links you provided--HOW MUCH experimenting did it take for you to get the right combination?
Old 09-29-2009, 08:47 PM   #12  

None really. When we started cloth diapering we ahd no money, dh had just moved to WA from Ohio and had no job and I didn't have one either. So some friends sold us a bunch of prefolds SUPER cheap and we bought gerber diaper covers. I got some gerber prefolds (which suck for use on their own) and I just folded them up in 3rds and put them inside a prefold snappi'd it on and put a gerber cover over it. Diapering my son from 4 months to 2.5 years (hes only in dipes at nap and night now/sometimes in the car) I've only spent about 550.00 and htat doesn't count what I've resold already...PLUS I have diapers that will work for baby #2 as well already!

Diaper swappers is a great place to look, and buy used. There are some washing "rules" but really it's 1-2 loads of laundry extra a week and that's it they are sooooo much easier now than they used to be
Old 09-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #13  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

We use Fuzzi Bunz cloth and my super-wetter doesn't leak one iota at night. We put him in a triple liner (one micro plus 2 hemp inserts) and he never leaks. When he was tiny and in disposables (because the cloth were too big) he would wake up soaked every morning. I have been really happy with Fuzzi Bunz, but I also hear that the Thirsties and Bum Genuis are great... I have friends that use both and are really happy with them.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:20 PM   #14  

Thirsties are my hands down favorite cover, long lasting (durability AND size wise) and just bullet proof. You can find them new for as low as 9.00 too! We just started using FB but I got screwed on a purchase of some PT from someone I shouldn't have bought off of. -.- so we're mostly in PFs and covers still

Last edited by MeganBeth; 09-30-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #15  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

MeganBeth, thank you for mentioning the diaper rash while teething. Caleb had his first diaper rash this week and I couldn't figure out why, after 10 months, he got one. Lo and behold he cut a tooth yesterday... I'm glad to hear there was a connection! I'd hate to start having to deal with diaper rash. That's one thing I love about my cloth diapers, he's been totally diaper rash free except for this one.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote