Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 10-22-2008, 04:41 PM   #1  
Proud mama to Baby Bree!

S/C/G: 142/142/130

Height: 5' 4"

Default Wanting to walk but finding it challenging

For all of you that are moms, I have a question about walking while pregnant. I know that its safe and have been doing it, but have a specific question. I'm 25 weeks and lately, haven't been able to walk as far as I could a few weeks ago without getting lower ab muscle cramps. They're definately muscle cramps, not anything with the baby, and I'm fairly sure its related to the thickening and stretching of the ligaments in that area. Did any of you experience this and if so, how did you overcome it? I also have a prenatal yoga DVD I've been using and could increase usage of that but it doesn't give the same cardiac benefits as walking.

I don't want to stop walking completely. I haven't been able to in the last few weeks and have noticed I'm gaining more week to week than I was before. If I can't continue to walk, I know I'll need to be more careful with what I eat but would really like to continue being active as well.
thebeautywithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:16 AM   #2  

Okay here goes.

When I was 12 weeks pregnant, I started eating healthy and exercising. I have lost 41 pounds so far in this pregnancy. The baby is doing great and I only have just over 3 weeks of pregnancy to go.

I have SPD which makes it very painful for me to walk. I have slowly had to give up walking as exercise now, and I use my elliptical crosstrainer instead. When my hip/pelvic area is hurting, it hurts to work out, but it doesn't make the pain any worse, so I do it anyway. When I don't work out, I gain, so I have to keep up this form of exercise for now.

Good luck!
moonduster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:06 PM   #3  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

If it's the ligaments stretching (which is normal), then I suggest getting a belly band. It helped me be able to walk longer, it's just that little bit of extra support holding up the belly.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:15 PM   #4  
Just Beachy

S/C/G: 183/137/120

Height: 5'2"

Yeah the aches and pains come and go...I remember in the 2nd trimester getting horrible pain in my lower back. IMHO, I wouldn't stop walking, because I'm sure the exercise is good for you and your baby. But... definitely talk to your doc about it!
AlphaGal is offline   Reply With Quote