Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 12-28-2006, 12:00 PM   #1  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 193/193/133

Height: 5'3

Default Can I join you all?

I'm 19 weeks pregnant and due May 20. I haven't been exercising at all really. I bought an Anna Getty prenatal yoga dvd and the prefect pregnancy workout dvd. Haven't tried the perfect pregnancy one yet. I do have a gym membership. Is a 1hr spinning class ok to do? I used to love doing that prepregnancy. I also like pilates. So if spinning is ok then I could do that and the pilates class and the yoga dvd. Now for strength training what weight do they usually recommend? How many days should I work out? For how long? What kind of foods are you all eating? I really don't want to gain much this time. What are some other workout dvds you like to do?
LilMamiBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 03:05 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! I'm also due in May (5/1).

Sorry I don't have a DVD recommendation. Walking is my exercise (have a treadmill), though right now my back and hip have been bothering me so much I haven't been able to do it as often as I would like.
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:12 PM   #3  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I continued exercise throughout my pregnancy, as well as continued eating the same foods I had been eating...just lots more of them. LOL

I walked during pregnancy...ran until about the 4th month into it. I went to Curves, and did Walk Away the Pounds videos, the Firm and a dance video, as well as workouts on my body ball. If it was uncomfortable (like running became), I'd drop that from the workout and concentrate on those things I could continue doing. I went to Curves about 5 times a week up until the middle of the 8th month, when any exercise, even walking, became so difficult for me, causing major backaches.

As for eating, I stuck with lean meats, whole grains, and lots of fruits and veggies. I did add sugar free popsicles though as I was craving popsicles something fierce. I still gained 62 pounds.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:53 PM   #4  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I ran until 32 weeks, (ran until 28, did a combination of run and power walk until 32) and then powerwalked til 34 then was reduced to waddling.

Get the book by James Clapp "exercising through your pregnancy".
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote