PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:22 PM   #16  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi all.

Thanks for the kind words. I think this medicine is actually working. I just need to get myself to doing better and I think it will do even better! I'll be honest here I haven't been eating well or exercising here lately. My back has been killing me, but I know that still is no excuse.

AF is still here, but I can tell she wants to move on, but she is stubborn and wants to hang around a bit. I wish she would just pack up and leave already! I'm sick of her! lol.

Have a Great One!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:11 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Teresa: I actually posed the condom question to DH!! He laughed and then got REAL quiet. Then he asked, "Whoa, what--you were SERIOUS?"!!! LOL! We've never ever used them and we've been together for 10 years!

We disagree a little on the birth control issue and I totally understand his feelings about it. Seeing as we're married and already have DS, he wants more babies. I do too but I just want to get myself straightened out before I get pregnant, I mean try to anyway, I know it won't be an easy task.
He doesn't like the pill since I was crazy when I was on it before so I don't know...
Condoms? Nobody likes 'em, I know I don't, I know DH doesn't either. It's something we'll have to discuss a bit more. I'm going to buy some though, just in case the *ahem* need arises, so to speak. LOL

Sassy!: Good to see you again!

Liz: Busy? Getting busy? Busy getting busy?
lol, I could harp on that all day - lol!
Vanessa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:39 AM   #18  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Sassy : Good to see you hunni , im sorry AF is still here that really is a long time now id be losing it by now and would be in PMT MANIA hehe

Vanessa : Totally agree i dont know anyone who likes Condoms they are nasty and feel horrible , to be honest i dont mind going on the pill its fine at least i know one of us is taking care of it , although i dont wanna go on the pill at this moment i have no choice but i know its not forever and like you say if it gets me straight then its a good thing.

Liz : Your still set to Away on msn my god what is it a marathon BD'ing session hehe Aren't you warn out yet pmsl. Were just jelous really.

Me: Had to get up at the crack of dawn to wait for a parcel , Joy not hehe now im am feeling really tired and my boobs are killing me , god i wish it would stop , althought im hoping the sore boobs is a sign af is on its way but who knows with my body lol.

Take care lovez you all.

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:08 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

HAHAHA you girls are too funny!! You crack me up.

Sassy - AF should just leave you alone for goodness sake!! I hope she takes off very soon for you! Sorry to hear your back's been bothering you. I totally feel you on the eating/exercsing thing...I've been eating OK, I guess, but exercise has been one excuse after another lately. No more!! Tonight, Liz, meet the gym! Gym, Liz! haha

Vanessa & Teresa - I think DH would freak if I told him we had to back to condoms! LOL Truth be told I don't like them either. I think I'd go on the pill for a couple of months before using condoms again.

Vanessa - yeah yeah, busy at work! That's all the busyness I've had lately! haha Soon though, DH, soon....I'll pounce!

Anyhow my day is almost over...well in another 1/2 hour...thinking of checking out early though! No one'll notice, no one's here but me anyways! haha Hope everybody is having/had a good day and talk soon.

Love Liz
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:09 PM   #20  
~Believe~

Wink

Hi Ladies.

Well AF is still around, just enough to be annoying, but so far, nothing major. I just wish she would leave already! I don't think I remember what its like to go without wearing a pad! lol.

Back was really really sore lastnight, but today, so far its okay. I just think its this crazy weather, trying to make up its mind. lol.

Well I hope you all are staying warm!

Old 12-06-2006, 10:03 PM   #21  

Yeah, condoms are not gonna happen....

How is everyone? I'm having trouble with monster children today. DS and 18 month old niece are tearing me up today!
I had an emotional eating episode today, chocolate frosting out of the can and sugar cookies for lunch. Bad I know!

DH will be home soon so I'm gonna run. I don't think he'd appreciate me blabbing on the internet about condoms. lol!
That and niece is screaming at me and hitting me with her empty cup. Think she wants something? lol

Last edited by Vanessa M.; 12-06-2006 at 10:03 PM. Reason: bad bad bad grammar problems today!
Old 12-07-2006, 01:28 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I haven't posted much in the past, but I read you guys almost everyday, if possible. I hate trying to give advise and when I do have an opinion everyone else says what I think so much better.

As for myself, My OB prescribed me Provera almost three weeks ago and I took them as prescribed and within three days of ending them AF arrived in full force for the first time in I can't remember when. It's like the Red Sea at Niagra Falls. Going through a super plus between 1 to 3 hours.

On weight loss news, I had a resting metabolic rate test done almost a month ago and finally got to talk to my primary physician today. I knew it wasn't good when he called me personally, instead of his nurse calling and leaving a message that everything was fine. Anyways, I have a very low metabolic rate and anything short of eating less than 1500 calories a day will allow me to lose weight alone. So, PP prescribed me Adipex-P (Phentermine) 37.5 mg today. I got the prescription filled and took the first it seems to be curbing my appetite a lot like I need. However, I am having one side effects that he warned me about (nervousness/jitteriness). I hope it is something that will eventually dissipate if they work. If not my only option will be WLS.

Does anyone else take Adipex-P (Phentermine) with any suggestions?

Thanks you guys for listening.
cldavis04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:01 AM   #23  
~Believe~

Morning all. I'm typing in red because that is all I've been seeing this morning is red. No, I'm not angry, my AF decided to go into overdrive and I bled all over the place! So I am staying up now to get laundry done. (Sorry if TMI!!) Also I am going to call my dr and see about getting something to get this to stop. I've had this AF since October for crying out loud! Its time for it to stop! My old gyn. gave me BC pills to help me stop before when I had this problem, but she told me to take more than just one and I can't remember how many and for how many days and all, so I am going to call my dr and see what they say. Something needs to be done because I'm really sick of this. I can't take it anymore. One minute I am fine and the next minute I'm gushing like a river! (Again Sorry if TMI!)

I'm debating about calling off of work too, but not sure. I know women have periods everyday and go to work and all, but this one is a bit different and kinda extreme I think. I mean I've gone heavy before, but I know when enough is enough. You know?

Anyways sorry if TMI but I'm just plain sick of this and I can't take it anymore. I kinda had a mini-break down after I went to the bathroom. I am so sick of this disease. (PCOS) I know there are worse diseases out there, but I'm just honestly sick of this disease and what it does to my body.

Well sorry to be a drag.................

Have a Good Day.

Old 12-07-2006, 10:12 AM   #24  

Sassy - I'm so sorry you're going through this. I can't even imagine how frustrating that must be. I think you are completely entitled to a day off...you are so right this isn't just some normal period that a woman can go to work and deal with just fine. I would need a day off too...it's not like they need to know why you're taking a day. Let us know what your doc says - they need to do something to help you with this....this is way too much to be dealing with.

Christie - Glad you're checking in! I am like you, I always feel that other people give advice much more eloquently than I do...but don't let that stop you - post away! haha. Besides every viewpoint is always helpful. I have never taken that so I don't have any advice for you on that - hopefully someone else may have some experience with it.

Anyhow nothing new for me, just hanging out at work...hope everybody has a great day.

Liz
Old 12-07-2006, 10:23 AM   #25  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Sassy : hunni i am so sorry you having such a tought time , i wish there was something i could do to help you , this doesnt seem fair you should have to go through all this , them doctors need a right kick up the arse for leaving you like this if they have been aware for it. If you dont feel like going to work dont althought most woman have periods as you say they arent coping with a 2/3 month period so dont worry about them worry about you hunni , use it as time to rest and go see the dr and get something sorted , im sure if u explained to another woman who you work with what you were going through they would tell you you were silly to be in work anyways. (unless you work with evil people that is). Pcos is a total nightmare , i see what my sister goes through with it aswell as you lot on here , they seriously need to have more PCOS studys done to see how it really affects woman and need more help in hostpials etc cos most pcos patients are just left cos no one really understand it. Hunni if you want to talk we are all here for you even if its just a post of pure screaming if it helps do it.
I hope they can sort this out for you and investiagate what the problem is .
lots of love

Cldavis (christie) :Please dont feel you can say anything on here we would love to hear whatever you have to say , and often if u read my posts i make no sence whatsoever but everyone just about gets it..We are all here most days and we really appreciate the advice and support from every single person that posts. I am so glad to hear your AF finally showed there is nothing like waiting ages for an AF. Im not exactly sure what Phetamine is but i have just been prescribed something called Reductil , its suppose to speed up your metabolism and tell you brain your not as hungry or something so im not sure if they are similar or not. Google reductil and read it and see what you think . Look forward to reading your posts

Vanessa : Naughty Naughty with the Chocolate and cookies but hey ho you only live once and it is christmas after all...If id have to cope with 2 kids causing havok id proberly have eaten the chocolate and cookies too lol. Your neice sounds mad wacking you with a cup lol i take it she wants a drink kids hehe my niece is the same and shes 8 , she wants everything done yesterday lol. Have a good day

Liz : Finally come out the bedroom then hehe good to see you have gone into retirement for the time being. Seriously good luck on your actual bd'ing marathon when you get to it.

Me : My boobs are still sore but i am passed worrying about that, hubby decided he wanted to leave his job on tuesday but not till he found something else cos where he is at the moment they had a lot of issues with the staff cos some were taken over from an old company to the new company hubby works for and there all kicking up cos they dont have the same benifits as they did before. So hubby got sick of being in middle and asked me to look for a new job for him online so i did and i found one at the local hostpial doing Security which is his trade , he emailed them his Resume when he got home on tuesday night and the rung him yesterday morning asking him to come in for an interview as soon as he could so he went after work last night and was offered the job on the spot , we are both so happy its more money for less hours ,he has the option to work more hours if he wants to , he gets a company pension, the money goes up from January to £8 ($16) an hour and if he does Public holidays he gets Double time and a half so he would be on £20 ($40ish) an hour , plus he gets 26 days payed holiday straight away , this job is so much better than what he has at the moment. So he starts as soon as he can get out of where he works now and i got a big big kiss for finding the job lets hope hubby shows his appreciation in my Christmas Present hehe.

Lots of love a very happy

Teresa
Old 12-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #26  

Teresa - That's awesome!!! I'm so happy Kevin got the job. It sounds great (HOLY COW 26 PAID DAYS OFF?? I am so jealous!!) yes, the BD marathon has started, as of last night! We'll see how long we last...hahaha. Actually we just had a minor tiff over the phone so last night might have been it. ON the other hand, though, tomorrow's my birthday, so he has to be nice to me!!

Vanessa - Sorry I forgot to reply to you earlier - LOL I know what you mean about DH's and the internet...half the time when DH comes in I minimize everything so he can't see and pretend to be doing something else! haha He wouldn't like half the things I say online but oh well! That's his problem!! I hope your niece didn't leave any bruises!!
Old 12-08-2006, 01:43 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Teresa: I looked up Reductil and there seems to be a lot of simularities with Phentermine. Let me know how it goes with Reductil and I'll keep posted on Phentermine.
cldavis04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:32 AM   #28  
~Believe~

Wink Good CHILLY Morning!

Good Chilly Morning all!

It is a lovely 11 degrees F outside! BRRRRRRRR! But of course our new car warms up in just a jiffy! It did just fine today in the cold. We didn't get that much snow at all really.

I made it through work, so far AF has lightened up and my back amazingly enough isn't hurting! (So far!)

Only 3 more days and we get one whole week off! No word yet about thte 16th & 17th. I kinda doubt that we will get it off, but you never know! If we don't get them off, I told hub that we should ask our boss if we can leave early maybe.

My mom sent me an email saying she took some vacation days off after Christmas so she is hoping to come up to visit with us, if the weather holds out! So I hope I get to see her!

I hope you all have a nice WARM Friday! Thanks for all the kind words and support!

Old 12-10-2006, 06:34 AM   #29  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Hey Girls

Sassy : Im glad to hear you a bit more perky , enjoy your days off you deserve them after everything you have been through latly.

Vanessa : Hope your ok hunni.

Liz : I hope to catch you online soon and we can catch up , I am so so happy about kevins new job it will be excellent, and whats good too kevin told the boss man that me and him are under that hospital for stuff and the bloke was like thats fine if u need to take 30 mins off to go for an appointment thats fine no problem so thats really great cos normally he'd have to take a day off for an appointment.

Cldavis : I thought they were similar i am starting the Reductil tommorow or tuesday so i will let you know how im going on them and you tell me too how ur going.

Me : Guess who turned up yesterday after 26 days you guessed it the witch , i am so over my cycles now i have no idea what they are doing i seemed to becoming regular at 27,28,29 then last month it went to 46 now its gone back to 26 this is the shortest ive ever had , my dr reckons i might be ovualting on these short months but im not so sure. Arghhhhh but on an upside i get to start the Reductil now cos AF here so i will start that either tommorow or tuesday , Goodbye TTC and Hello Weightloss well at least for the time being anyway. Im still gonna post here if thats ok even tho im not ttc , i hope no one minds.

Take care all

Teresa
Old 12-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #30  

Sassy: Don't worry about exerxising when you've been bleeding for over a month!! I can't believe the doctors haven't done something about that by now. Like I can see 4 weeks absolutely tops (I went for about 3 once, thought I was gonna die) but any longer than that sounds crazy! What's the latest?

Teresa: I kinda think that you arestill TTC, even though you're on the pill right now, don't you? I mean, it's just part of the process for you but the end goal hasn't changed any, right? Same with me, I'm not obsessing over getting pg right now, just getting healthy with TTC in the future.
I'm so happy Kevin got a new fancy job! I can't wait until DH granduates and gets a hotshot job and things will be better for us!
Make sure you keep us all posted about your new meds! I want to know if it works for you and how you're feeling!

Everyone: Remember all that condom talk? Yeah well, DH is not going for it and I've had a change of heart. His point is that with PCOS it's not likely I'll accidentally get pg and if I do we can just be grateful. Also, I'm not taking anything daily that would harm a baby so..... Unprotected BD for us! I think he's right for once lol. I think he thought long and hard about that one, probaby just to get out of the condoms, lol!

Whining... Yesterday I woke up with a KILLER toothache! It was so bad I cried. I didn't even cry when I was in labor and at least I got a baby out of that! lol
Anyway, DH came home early and took me to a dentist (the only one open on Saturday) and they say that I need a root canal pronto as well as several other things post haste. I already knew all that. So, root canal on Thursday....yuck.
The office was awesome though! I'd never been to a female dentist before yesterday, and I think I may prefer it. Also, they do sedation dentistry there, which is what I really want. That's where they semi-knock you out and get everything done all at once. Sounds good to me!

SMALL TRIUMPH!!
I saw SIL briefly yesterday (she took DS while I went to the dentist) and she commented on HOW GOOD I LOOK!! She said she and other SIL (I have tons!) actually had a conversation about me the other day. That's so encouraging....

Sorry to blather on like this, it must be the meds..... lol