PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 05-26-2006, 08:31 AM   #61  
KSC
Tired of gaining weight!

S/C/G: 180/174/150

Well I went to the Dr. today and he couldn't tell from the ultrasound if I ovulated or not, so I have to wait until 2pm for my bloodwork results. If not, I'll have to start up on the Provera again and then double the dose of Clomid (150mg)...and more hot flashes! Oh well, at least he made no mention of ovarian drilling!
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:58 PM   #62  
fighting the sugar demon!

S/C/G: 281/263.9/190

Height: 5'8.5

Default Help

Help! Please send nonjealousy VIBES right away!

I am leaving in a bit to go meet my niece for the first time and she is miracle baby 1 of 2 for my 43 year old sister. I know that she is just a baby but the news of her impending arrival had me down for the count for almost a week. I love this little girl already but I don't want to throw my feelings in motion again. I know how silly this sounds...but at the same time...I know that you ladies understand what I am talking about.

thanks

Oh yea...and the worst part of all is that AF was due 3 days ago and decided to start today instead of just waiting until Sunday when I don't have anything going on. Yay!

Last edited by irisheyes213; 05-26-2006 at 02:22 PM.
irisheyes213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 11:07 PM   #63  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

KSC - Will keep the Ovulation Vibes going for ya!

irisheyes213 - Non Jealousy Vibes for you! We sure do understand what you mean hon! I haven't had an AF in months now. I know I should go on Provera but I don't want one as I had a SUPER LONG AF............you all know how that goes! lol
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 04:18 PM   #64  
GO CLEMSON TIGERS!!

S/C/G: 362/340/160

IRISH!! I hope things went well for you. I hope you had no jealousy what so ever. Your sister dosent rub all this in your face does she? I hope not!

KSC - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the ovulation fairy to come and sprinkle her dust on you!!!!

FLADY! What's shakin?

Today was nice. Went and had a Pedi done this morning and then went to a girlfriends house to enjoy her pool and deck! Then a familiar summer time thunder, rain, wind, lightning storm popped up so it made for an early day. BUT....I am tanning! My motto is TAN FAT IS PRETTIER THAN LILY WHITE FAT!! I hope your all doing well with your diets and exercises!!
amandalili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 07:22 PM   #65  
~Believe~

Hi Amanda!

Nothing is "shaking" today, but maybe the central air! lol. It's HOT here today! Me I'm just working, like usual on a Saturday. Glad you had a good day, even though the storm came. Becareful tanning, that is all I'm gonna say. Won't say no more.

*Flady*
Old 05-29-2006, 05:15 PM   #66  
GO CLEMSON TIGERS!!

Hello Sisters. Just checking in. How is everyone?

I am miserable. This weekend has been endless eating, eating and eating! I am ready to be back on track. Tired of feeling tired all the time. Talk with yall soon. Hope you had a healthy memorial day!

Lunch for tomorrow is 3 oz steak and salad. breakfast will be eggs. Dinner will probly be pork chops and some type of veggie. Snack......I have no clue. thats where trouble comes into play..

What's your menus?
Old 05-30-2006, 02:13 AM   #67  
~Believe~

Hi Amanda!

I am doing well, thanks! Sorry to hear you are going through a tough time right now!

We had ham steak and eggs for brunch and then we ate pasta (small portion) with shrimp and peppers with Texas Toast with cheese. I know it could have been better, but we are kinda stuck with what the in-laws have here for now. On Friday (payday) we are going to get Healthier stuff. Just right now I'm house and pet sitting here.

But I wanted to also share something that moved me EXTREMELY tonight. I just got done watching Mystery Diagnosis on the Discovery Channel. It was an eye opener tonight for me. This lady had this "strange" disease that caused irregular periods, facial hair, skin tags, dark patches of skin, acne, and weight gain, etc, sound familar girls? Yes as I suspected she had PCOS. Now I know of course all the symptoms, etc. But she got put on Fortamet and that is what opened up my eyes because that is what my dr. put me on!!!!!!!! Only I honestly admit I've been very definant, basically because I cannot stand my dr. She is mean and I don't like her. But I guess she does KNOW what she is doing because this lady on tv got pregnant! Twice! Now it also said she lost weight too. But I am like HEY! I have that medicine!!!!!!! I just need to get it refilled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I immediately called my husband who was at our apt. and told him, tomorrow on your way here (inlaws) get my prescription FILLED!!!!! I guess its just like when your mom or dad would tell you something as a child and you would never beleive them until one of your friends told you or went through it? you know? It was like that for me. Her story wasn't even over and I was bawling! It was looking at myself on tv!!! I was just amazed. I guess it took seeing someone that went through a lot of what I did to OPEN up my eyes.

So I am seriously pumped now more than ever to lose weight and be healthy and take my medicine. I feel so silly for acting like a child and not taking my medicine! What a dope!!!!!!!

Anyways I wanted to share with you all.

*Flady*
Old 05-30-2006, 03:54 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 76/70.7/46

Well, I don't know if I can join you: I'm in some way TTC, and I've probably some kind of ormonal disease that is similar to (but not the same of) PCOS. To explain better: I was TTC for many years before, I had some pregnancies and miscarriages (I have no living children jet), but no one of the many doctors we consulted found exactly what was wrong with me, until last january when I was finally dx with IR (and prescribed to lose weight); doctor gave me also Metformin, but it didn't work well with me (long story, may be another post ) and he prescribed some tests to confirm the suspect of a kind of adrenal gland disorder. I will know the tests results at the end of July; I don't think anyway that there is a proper cure for that, so I'm not very hopeful to be able to have a child with my own eggs...I forgot to say that I'm 43 (44 at the end of june), and my ovaires are definitely going to rest!!! But I consider nyself TTC in someway, because I'm waiting to adopt and, after that, I'm seriously considering IVF with Donor eggs...I want my babies, and I never give up on this!!! So I'm now dieting to lose weight for: not being by my doctor during the next visit; for being an healty and beautiful mom for my coming baby and for being ready to sustain a pregnancy with DE when will be the right time... So...CAN I JOIN YOU PLEASE
alba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:03 PM   #69  
GO CLEMSON TIGERS!!

!!! I sincerely hope you find the support you need here sister!! What type of diet program are you following? I'm so glad your here!!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:47 AM   #70  

Hi Ladies!

Hope that everyone had a good weekend.

Amanda: I hope you were able to stay on track yesterday. You had a much better plan than I did..

Alba:

FLADY: Glad that you are going back on the meds. They suck at times but they are helpful if you are IR. I will have to see if I can find that show on again.

Hope that everyone else is doing well!

--------------------------------------

Well this weekend was a bit crazy. My niece is beautiful. My sister doesn't shove it in my face...she actually wants us to have kids really bad and she feels so blessed that she got her miracle, she wants me to have mine too.

I don't know how but I did lose weight this month. 7lbs actually. I weigh almost everyday and track it on a weekly basis but I just focus on the month to month numbers now. Otherwise I get too crazy.

yesterday was a bust foodwise so my plan today is:
  • banana
  • yogurt
  • 1 oz unsalted peanuts
  • carrots with hummus
  • Amy's Spinach Pie
  • 1 oz cheese
  • 1 small corn on cob
  • bacon wrapped turkey mignion
  • watermelon
  • greenbeans with sunflower seeds
  • nectarine
  • .25 cup pistachios in the shell

I didn't enter it into Fitday today but I know it is higher in carbs than it probably should be...but they are all good carbs

Have a wonderful day!

Last edited by irisheyes213; 05-31-2006 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:21 PM   #71  
~Believe~

Unhappy Feelin' Blue

Afternoon Ladies.

Sadly I'm afraid I'm not doing too well today. Didn't sleep well, got up early and now my sleep schedule is all screwed up for work. (work nights) At least I have tonight off, hopefully by tomorrow I can get my sleep schedule back.

My back is achin today. So I'm not going to be doing much, except laundry. Which is must since I've been at the in-laws its piled up nicely.

I dunno maybe its my sleep schedule being off or my back or hormones but today I just feel downright blue. I'm hopin I *snap* out of it..........I know nobody wants to be around someone who is down and out.........

Well don't wanna bring anybody down..........

Take Care Girls.

*Flady*
Old 05-31-2006, 03:08 PM   #72  

FLADY

I am sorry you are blue today. Did you start your Fortamet over the weekend?

Hopefully you can get your sleep schedule back on track...it can be so hard when days and nights are flipped.

When do you go back to your own house?

Wishing you sleep vibes!
Old 05-31-2006, 05:05 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 76/70.7/46

Well, I must admit I did bad with food and diet today...but I think that I will be excused (just for today!): you send me a lot of luck girls! After having joined this group yesterday evening, today I had the news I was waiting from years...I'm going to be a mom in less than a months!!! I'm going to be matched for adoption!!! She is a girl and I'so happy that I just didn't notice if and what I was eating today

Alba
alba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:54 PM   #74  
~Believe~

Thanks irisheyes213. I came home yesterday. My sleep schedule is just all messed up now. I got up early yesterday and now today as well, and that just totally messed me up. (I work nights). So I probably will have to take a nap tonight so I'm ready for work tomorrow night.

Haven't made it yet to the Pharmacy. But I am going to get it filled. I think also my TOM is finally coming. (cramping.....UGH) Its been two months without her. We'll see if she shows her "ugly face".............

Alba.........CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is Wonderful news!!!!!!! I think your diet can be excused for today for sure!

*Flady*
Old 05-31-2006, 07:36 PM   #75  
~Believe~

Hi ladies. Me again. I just wanted to share that I am now feeling better. I got off my duff and decided to go on ahead and get my cleaning done and afterwards I feel much better. I guess that is all I needed was to get off my duff. lol.

But I do think my TOM is at least "Trying" to come to visit me. I wish it'd come and be over with! lol.

Have a Great Night Ladies!

*Flady*