PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 04-25-2006, 05:43 AM   #1  
A chocoholic on a diet!

S/C/G: 124/119/80 Kilograms

Height: 5' 7"

Lightbulb New kid on the block!

Hello everyone!!
I am Chocoholix, and I am fat
There I said.. Finally I said it.. I am not "a big girl", I am not "chubby".. I am downright obese and it was time I admitted it and did something about it

I wasn't always a fatty though. In fact the first 21 years of my life I was a normal weight person... until 7 years ago I began having hormonal problems (the family curse) ... at first I fought tooth and nail but 4 years I gave up.
We started trying for a baby, that didn't come, no matter how many pills, hormones, injections and what-not, the doctors pumped into me... one of my problems is also PCOS and insulin-resistance.

Until finally, last March, after another round of injections, I became pregnant... with twins!!
I had a very rough and taxing pregnancy that included numerous hospitalizations and months of bedrest... and added 80lbs to my already round figure.
But it was all worth it, as last November I gave birth to twins!!!

As happy as I am with my blessings from above, my body is wrecked and looks hideous
I have terrible stretch marks on my belly which is hanging like a piece of flab, low and I now wear a size 20 Plus.... and where I live, I can't actually find anything to wear.

My husband doesn't come near me anymore and (jokingly) calls me his whale... I know though that deep down inside, he kind of means it... and he is right. No use to act offended. I do look like a whale...

I recently stopped breastfeeding, as my hormones became out of whack again and my milk supply dwindled and now I am ready to start a diet...
So here I am!! I need support because its going to be hard.
I can't stay on a diet

I am so pressed with home work, two small kids, my own business and the myriam details of running a household (with no help to do all the above) that food has become my refuge.
My whole day is a "must do" and I am on my feet all the time. There are days I don't even take a shower as I simply don't find the time.
My only pleasure left was food... chocolates mostly (hence the nickname).

I am only 28 though and I cannot spend the rest of my life like this... no way.
I have started on the pill Reductil and a special diet...and I hope in 6 months time, I will be my old self of 150lbs.

If you read through all this... thank you!!
I am looking forward to meeting all of you!!
Have a super day!
Chocoholix
Chocoholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to 3FC!, we're all here to support and help eachother. This is probably the most supportive group of ladies you'll ever find *online or off*
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:40 AM   #3  

Default Another newbie

I first posted this in another section, OOPS....I thought it was a PCOS section but wasn't, oh well. So I have reposted it in this one.

Hello everyone I am also a newbie, though not a newbie to PCOS. I have had it since I was about 13 I am now 37. I suffer with all the most visual accepts of PCOS, being well over weight(100lbs), hirsutism, also noticed the last couple of months my hair on my head is getting a bit thinner and a couple of years ago diagnosed with being IR. After that I was put on Met. but due to acid reflux had massive problems trying to get used to it and thought it wasn't worth the trouble, plus didn't like what the side effects potentionally could be.

A friend referred me to this site, for the weight loss support, but low and behold I find one for PCOS as well. I haven''t found a good site in years. So it was a very welcome suprise. There seems to be so many different thread here I have difficulty navigating my way through, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to sart asking questions that have been asked 100s of times if I can already find them.

I look forward to "meeting"you all and maybe finding out new things about this problem.

Lisa
Dutchie37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:53 AM   #4  
low carbing in Oz

S/C/G: 85/73/65kg

Hi chocohlix, I too had twins, 6 years ago now. Then I had a ds 2 years later. It was during this period that I felt at my lowest. I was the heaviest ever, I felt fat, ugly, and it should have been the happiest period in my life. It wasnt until my little boy was 1 that I joined a gym. That was the best decision I ever made. Not only does it give you oppotunity to have some "me" time, its so good to get the body moving. The kids get used to the creche.
After a year of gym a few times a week I was 10lb lighter. Still not eating better but looking and feeling better. I had a tummy tuck 10 months ago and that was just such an improvement it spurred me on to lose some more.Im low carbing now, it is great for us PCOS with IR and it works fast. i have tried reductil, it didnt work for me, but I have a friend that had some success with it.
You must be just so busy, so I can understand seeking solice in food, but try to treat yourself right too, you deserve more than insults from your dh. Try baby steps in the right direction, like some excercise. My transformation has taken 2 1/2 years and although I havent lost a lot of lbs, I have moved plenty of dress sizes. God luck
rach3kids is offline   Reply With Quote