PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 07-09-2004, 02:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Default Whats wrong with me?

The past 2 weeks have been so very very very bad. I should be locked away from society, one minute I'm happy, and the next I can't stop crying. And the reason I start crying? One time it was at the end of a workout, I wasn't happy, or sad, or anything, just tired. It's not like this all the time, mostly I'm pretty normal, just the 2 and a half weeks leading up to my period. The start of my period is almost like a release of all these stupid emotions. Does anyone get this? I always just thought it was normal PMS, but it turns out, it's not. No one I know gets this, is it like a problem with me? You can't just type into Google " crying for no reason", because all it turns up is baby stuff. And since I'm 24, thats not a possibility. Anything would be great, just knowing this isn't just me would be nice..
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 03:55 AM   #2  
kami=paper/god twi=me

Swimgirl--I've done this before. Call it severe moodswings or whatever, and I wasn't on my period either. 4 times out of 5, if I sit down and think about it, I realize I'm stressing out about something or other...the 5th though? I dunno. But I don't think you're crazy ^_^
Kamitwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 01:27 PM   #3  
Rattie Lover

I've done it too. Ugh...very frustrating!! Go from one extreme to the other in a flash. I think its a combo of hormones/PMS/whats going on in your life, etc.. It's a roller coaster I got tired of riding but sometimes still find myself back on it.

Hang in there though, as it does pass.
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 09:05 PM   #4  

Swimgirl you're not alone. If you think it's tied to your cycle, try some primerose oil, that might help.

I once had a tantrum more appropriate for a toddler. We were playing tennis and I was pmsing and I got frustrated and threw down my racket and went over to kick the fence while tears streamed down my face. Real mature.

I even had an audience.

Let's not think about it too much.

Violet
Violet30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 12:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

It's very possibly it could be tied to my cycle, it does seem to happen the 2.5-3 weeks before my period starts. I'm trying to be positive about it, I mean in the end, me being moody for 3 weeks a month isn't all too bad. There could be worse things, right? RIGHT! In the meantime, 30 hours and counting until I leave on my vacation! 8 days on the beach I'm going to try and log some time in at the pool too, I haven't been in the pool since I quit swimming for UBC when I was 21. Scary.
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 07:00 AM   #6  
Swimming Mouse

Oh, yes. The other day I was mad at some of my instructors in grad school. They gave me an F on two assignments because I screwed it up. Admittedly, I did screw up. I was supposed to do reviews on two hardware items for the computer, and did it on 2 software instead. The original assignment was 4 hardware, 2 software, 4 website. I was sick (the whole throwing up thing), and not really with it for the class that night. Their syllabus is written rather strangely (instead of listing the DUE DATE for assignments, they've listed the START date, and then put the due date in parantheses!), and so I goofed. But I didn't completely blow off the assignment, and it was done and turned in EARLY. Oooo... I was livid! And I burst into tears right in fron t of the whole class, which just made things worse because then I was embarrassed!
And I know exactly WHY I did it. I haven't been this bad off the meds since April!
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote