PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 01:04 AM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default BCP to shrink cysts?

Has anybody here successfully shrunk ovarian cysts with birth control pills?

I have all cysts gone but one 3cm cyst...we don't know if it is the same cyst that was there 3 months ago, or a new one. I really would rather not have surgery again. I am taking Ovcon-35.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:01 AM   #2  

Hi Jennifer...in the past it has worked for me. I am now on birth control pills again, yasmin to try and prevent them. I go in three months to be rechecked. How are you doing? Are you still low carbing? I lost some weight this week low carbing since Sunday.
I am not following a specific plan, a combo of atkins and maybe south beach, I am going to weigh myself after two weeks like the sbd says. Hopefully the pills and weight loss will get these symptoms under control. Julie
Old 10-18-2003, 11:46 AM   #3  
WW Moderator

Good to hear it is working for you! I am still low carbing, I switched to SBD and am doing well on it. I think I ate too many calories on Atkins to do me any good. You're smart by not weighing for two weeks! I'm a scale addict! I just started SBD last week, so we'll see how it goes. I happy with it so far.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:24 PM   #4  

Hi, I was on BCP earlier this year to shrink ovarian cysts, it didn't work for me and a few weeks ago I had my fallopian tubes and my lt ovary removed. They found a 4 cm cyst on my left ovary so now they want to go the BCP route again! I must say that I don't have too much faith in it when it didn't work already this year. I have to go for another ultrasound in 2 weeks to see if it is growing again. I hope the BCP will work for you!!! Take care
Old 10-23-2003, 12:19 PM   #5  
Rattie Lover

Default Yasmin...

I have been on the Yasmin for a month and I really don't like the side effects! Did any of you have the same problems I have?
My main complaint is the SORE breasts...Man...feels like when I just started getting my milk in after having the kid and that was over 10 years ago! This is especially hard on me because I sleep on my stomach...Felt like I was smashing them to death.
I also was starting to get bad acne, dry skin, MOODY, etc. I decided for right now, now that I finished the month of pills, to not take them anymore until I go back to the Docs next month.

As for the Glucophage...NO Complaints! Wonderful stuff! I finally have energy I didn't have before, and I think that this attributes to my major weight loss. My body can finally burn up the excess insulin it was storing. YAY!!
Old 10-24-2003, 01:52 PM   #6  

Noodles I am on Yasmin and I also had sore breast but that went away. I also had a very sore scalp but that went away also. It is also causing my skin to dry but I am going to stick it out and stay on them until I go back to the doctor. What did your doctor say the Yasmin would do for you? Thanks julie
Old 10-24-2003, 06:37 PM   #7  
Rattie Lover

Hi JBBM...

She put me on the Yasmin cause she said it will eventually stop the hair loss on the top of my head and cut down the testostrone production. She did say though if the side effects were unbearable to just stop taking the pills and that she would try something else lower at my next appointment. I finished off the month but that was it for me. I just dont like walking around with big milk jugs for a chest. (Hubby doesn't mind but HE doesnt have to lug them around as I kindly reminded him...). Hopefully she will give me something a bit milder? We shall see....I'll keep you posted.
Closed Thread