PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Default March 2015 - PCOS Support Thread

Hello everyone!

Another new month and we're already into March!

The year is flying by... At least it feels like that for me, because my weight is UP rather than down... yikes!

So, come on around, let's support each other:
  • How are you?
  • How's the PCOS?
  • What are you working on now?
  • How successful were you for past month?
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

• How are you?

Eh. I'm so off track, it's not even funny. My food has started to get off track too. I was just eating too much, but now I'm also eating things I shouldn't -- like cookies. WTH!?

This is NOT me. I need to get back aligned with my body, my mind, my cravings, and get back on track. There is no reason to be this off.

• How's the PCOS?

Good so far, I guess.

• What are you working on now?

Getting back on track. I don't know why I'm derailed. I can blame it on stress, and I have a lot of it now, and I can blame on emotional eating, feeling out of sorts, boredom, laziness, lack of focus, lack of willpower, and all of that would be true too.

I just need to get back into my routine.

• How successful were you for past month?

Not at all. No weight loss whatsoever.

Last edited by Rana; 03-02-2015 at 01:52 PM.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:22 PM   #3  
Mela A

S/C/G: 270/260.5/135

Height: 5'2"

•How are you? I'm really great. I'm finally over my third lingering cold of the winter season (and hopefully my last) so I'm ready to dive into a new month with some new goals!

•How's the PCOS?I really worked hard in February on cutting out flour and sugar (although I don't think I could ever cut real milk chocolate out of my diet forever) and it made a huge difference. Without hardly any exercise I dropped my first ten pounds. No sign of my period though so I need to keep going.

•What are you working on now? This month is going to be about adding more leafy greens into my diet because I know those are really going to help, being consistent with my vitamins, and getting in as much exercise as I can. I also finally went to a doctor who is sending me for fresh tests so I can really tell where the PCOS is at and track my progress.

•How successful were you for past month? I think I'm gluten sensitive. I know that's like the trendy thing to be, but after a month without wheat (especially pasta...I'm a total pastaholic), I indulged in some ravioli on Friday night and ended up feeling just AWEFUL until it was out of my system). So I feel like one major success is knowing that I have cut out some of the right things. Losing the 10 pounds will help but I know I need to lose a lot more than that so I've got another big month ahead!
MelaAnaetoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:36 AM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

How are you?

Better in general. I was away at a conference and now I am back. The perimenopause crazy is calming down now that I am taking vitex, evening primrose, and using a natural progesterone cream. (My labs had NO progesterone, ugh!)

How's the PCOS?

Hard to tell. I was so caught up in perimenopause hot flashes/night sweats. I could not sleep right, which made it hard to think the next day. So all my focus was on solving that so I could finally get some SLEEP.

What are you working on now?

Reviewing my diet/exercise needs. Signed the am back up for organic produce.

How successful were you for past month?

In terms of hypothyroid/PCOS management? Not great on my meds because of the lack of sleep making me brain foggy. I'd miss some of the afternoon meds when I kept crashing in the afternoon after being up all night with hot flashes.

In terms of solving the hot flash problem -- great! Saw herbalist for a consultation, started that protocol, feel much better.

In terms of weight loss -- down 3 lbs. So even with not perfect exercise and not perfect eating, the improvements show. So I'll try again and be ok not being perfect.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-18-2015 at 09:39 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/170/130

Height: 5'4"

How are you?
Not too bad. I had a baby 2 months ago and am BFing so I don't expect to get my period back for a while.

How's the PCOS?
Not sure - being pregnant is kind of like a hiatus for me.

I started eating more healthful foods 1 week ago and I already feel a lot better!

February was life with a newborn...not much sleep, a lot of carbs I could eat with one hand.
Mission2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/112/97

Height: 5'0"

How are you?
I am doing great. I feel happier and more optimistic these days.

How's the PCOS?
The PCOS still sucks. It hasn't been any different. The same as it has been for the past 3 years actually. I quit taking meds for it.

I'm trying to lose weight to help me out since the doctors have been no help at all. These last 2 months, I've been trying to keep my carb intake low. It was hard at first but now its much easier and I don't have many cravings. I also do cardio in my room every day. I've been doing that for 2 weeks.

Very successful :') I managed to loose 12 pounds which has motivated me so much. I used to be 152 lb. Now I am 129 pounds atm. My old clothes that didn't fit me before are much looser on me and that makes me very happy. Sadly my stomach is still bloated but I've managed to loose a few inches there as well. Im am working on it

Last edited by StayingAmbitious; 04-10-2015 at 06:15 PM.
StayingAmbitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 04:42 PM   #7  
Mela A

S/C/G: 270/260.5/135

Height: 5'2"

Finally got my TOM!!! Over a year and a half has passed since my last one and this has been by far the longest I've ever gone without it so it was so welcome for me to see it.

I get the results of all my blood and ultrasound testing tomorrow so that will be intense. At least then I'll finally have a baseline for where I'm at with this disorder and I can move forward with some knowledge. Even though it's a disheartening disorder for a woman wanting to conceive, I'm really excited to know where things are at so I can attack it and start making some progress.
MelaAnaetoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 145

Height: 5'4

How are you?
I feel lost. i cant keep track of the calories!
Do-the-math thingy is not something iam good at *sigh*

How's the PCOS?
The PCOS is getting better. ofcourse this darn thing still wont let me lost weight like normal people, but the period is on time, so thats a relief!
But i still feel that the skin pigmentation is going to stay there forever still have that dirt ring around my neck like a curse.

Started doing cardio, but havent done it for about a week. i feel really guilt!
I have been on a low-carb diet since 1st of march, but last week i started taking honey in my coffee ( 2 tea spoons/day!). i was told that it helps in weight loss, but apparently it did quite the opposite for me

I thought i was doing pretty great, lost 5 kgs , but now because of intake of honey, i feel that the weigh loss has stopped
farah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:26 PM   #9  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Join us in the April thread!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...ml#post5150842

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote