PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/170

Height: 5'6

Default Another negative

Yesterday I took a pregnancy test because I wasn't feel to good after my workout. Now I've had this test for about six months and thought it was pretty good it was an equate ( generic off brand of first response). The test came out positive my emotions were running high all kind of things were running through my mind this was what I have been waiting for. But to make sure I was going to retest myself so I hurried up and went to Walmart to get another test ( clear blue) and it came out negative and all I could do was cry . I was on top of the the world for one hour I was happy, and then it was all taken away that quick. I'm just so glad that I didn't tell fiancé. Why did this have to happen to me?
Showstoppa1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:55 AM   #2  

I literally just had the same thing happen to me two days ago. I took a First Response test and it had a pink line, which turned out to be a false positive. I thought those weren't supposed to exist? Argh.

It totally sucks and I'm with you.
2fat2jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #3  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

I completely understand how you feel. This happened to me about ten years ago...I had a false positive and I was crushed when I found out I wasn't pregnant. I'm so sorry you are feeling this way right now.
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #4  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm so sorry!

I just wondered if you've tried again since...not to rub it in, but, what if it was a false negative?

I used to buy tests at the dollar store...easy to keep the bathroom stocked. LOL

Last edited by veggiedawg; 05-11-2013 at 03:43 PM.
veggiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:04 PM   #5  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Not all tests are the same sensitivity.

http://www.babyhopes.com/pregnancy-t...omparison.html

How many days past ovulation are you? Though it sounds like both your tests were the 25 miu?

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #6  

I'm on such a deadline to get pregnant, I swear every month I have symptoms of being pregnant and then either end up with my cycle or a negative test. I think our bodies and heart want the positive so badly that our mind tricks us.

I wish you lots of luck.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/170

Height: 5'6

Thank you guys for the kind words. And veggiedawg I have not taken another test but since then I have been spotting, so I assumed that I'm not. I really don't want to take another one because I really don't want to see another negative because that just makes me feel worse. But thank you ladies again I'm really blessed to have found this thread you ladies give me hope.
Showstoppa1120 is offline   Reply With Quote