PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 06:03 PM   #1  

Default Looking for a good Doctor

Can anyone reccomend a good endo in the Dallas ,Texas area? I went to one yesterday that was horrible. All he kept saying was "if you aren't diabetic, why are you here?" I guess that is all he treats.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Kellie
Old 05-28-2003, 10:23 PM   #2  

Hi Kellie,

Although I can't recommend a specific dr. in Dallas, you will probably want to start with a reproductive endo, rather than a regular endo. Even if you're not trying to conceive, a reproductive endo should have (hopefully!) a better handle on treating pcos !

I would also suggest looking on www.soulcysters.com. The site has a state by state listing (and reviews) of drs. who specialize in treating pcos.

Good luck in your search!

NJCyster
Old 09-18-2003, 03:58 PM   #3  
Amy Needs New Shoes

HI Kellie. I see a doctor in Irving. Dr. Stephanie Elmore with Star Care Family Practice. Wonderful woman who is knowledgeable about PCOS. And I know where you're coming from. I had a doctor that just told me to lose weight and wouldn't try to help until I wanted to get pg. Whatever dude! You might check this site http://www.pcosupport.org/membership/professionals.php They have a list of some doctors that treat PCOS. Good luck!
Old 09-19-2003, 08:03 PM   #4  

I live in Georgia so I dont know any Drs in Texas, but the office where I went has a wonderful website with tons of information.
www.ivf.com

I hope this helps
Good luck
Closed Thread