PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 11-05-2019, 11:56 PM   #1  

Default PCOS Support Thread for Nov 2019

Alright. I'm back. And even if I'm talking to myself, I need accountability so here I go again.

Welcome to November 2019!

Check in and let us know how you are!

Here is the old thread.

For the round up this month check in at least once. ( As many times as you want after that.)
  • How are you?
  • How's the PCOS?
  • What are you working on now as goals?
  • How successful were you for past season on your goals?
-----------------------------------------------------

I am fair. Kinda bummed out with the elder care but determined to not let that side of my life keep sucking me dry. You always hear about the caregivers burning out and I don't want that. Been neglecting my own stuff for FAR too long.

The PCOS? Is weird. Never had a regular period in my whole life. Now I'm perimenopausal the weird continues and docs can't really explain or help me. STILL. Sigh.

I needed a reboot so I'm taking a diabetes class at the hospital to help me plan and get my blood sugar together. (My type is PCOS/IR.)

My current goal is to check my blood sugar each morning and do a 15 min workout 3x a week for the next 2 weeks before the next diabetes class. The first class was overview, what diabetes is, how insulin works, etc.

I was NOT successful in the past season. I dropped out of so many things including this board for YEARS dealing with the Alzheimer weirdness. I know I just need to take better care of myself. So here I am. Showing up to be accountable.

POSITIVES
  • Today I set up my pillbox.
  • I started my food log using a Healthminder book.
  • I did the 1 Mile Happy Walk on YouTube that the diabetes class suggested as a starting point. It was ok but MAN. I am out of shape!
hugs,
A.

Last edited by astrophe27; 11-05-2019 at 11:56 PM.
astrophe27 is offline   Reply With Quote