PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #1  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default Hi! new to this support group!

Hi guys I've been a member of 3fc for awhile but never knew there was a PCOS forum! how cool! I got diagnosed as "most likely" having PCOS this past june. I skipped my period for 2 months and then all of a sudden I had the period from you know where. I was having major cramps and and bleeding through pads and soaking them terribly over night this went on for two weeks and then I finally went in because I was getting so scared at the amount of blood I was losing. they did a vaginal ultrasound and found two very tiny cysts one on each ovarie and they also said my endromitrial ling was EXTREMELY thick 1.5 cm when the normal is .5. the dr's believe it's because of PCOS. But they never said it was for certain? is that normal? anyways since then they put me on birth control and the very same day I started taking it the bleeding got MUCH lighter and the second day it had completely stopped. they did a follow ultra sound 3 weeks later and my lining was .5 and both cysts had dissolved! I've had no PCOS symptoms since. I skip the placebo pills and just start a new pack so as not to have a period most months and just let myself have one every 2-3 months which has been very nice and when I do have them they are very light!

My and hubby would like to eventually have kids.. after I get to goal of course that's the plan... I never really talked about odds of conceiving naturally with PCOS and or even is just losing weight will get rid of it. any advice tips or even hearing your stories would be so helpful! I'd never heard of PCOS before all this so I don't know much about it...
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Honestly, thickening of the endometrial lining as a symptom of PCOS isn't something I've heard of.

The standard symptoms are the ring of cysts around the ovaries, like a pearl necklace, missing periods for extended periods of time, hirsuteness, difficult losing weight (usually associated with insulin resistance), wacky hormone levels, hair thinning/loss, and infertility. (Then again, there are other women with PCOS that have some or none of these -- it's a group of symptoms that make the diagnosis not a specific disease.)

Did the doctor do any other tests?

Women can get a cyst or two on their ovaries without it being PCOS. Additionally, thickness in the endometriol lining and the issues you were having sound like endometriosis.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Since you were regular before this I don't know what to tell you. Women can have a fluke cycle where it is off. Two cysts doesn't have to mean PCOS either.

I've always been irregular my whole life. Thanks PCOS and high androgens! So my lining does build up and slough off weird and in dk black clots when not on BCP. Like not enough to have a full on period but it's built up to the point where stuff... breaks off and comes out.

I also feel NUTS off the pill so I stay on it to feel better and get the regular cycle that's clot free and nice bright red. Not old blood, but fresh.

PCOS patients present in at least 5 ways. Did they tell you WHICH ONE you are? Because treatment approach can vary depending on what you are trying to address.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...tient-you.html

As for TTC, I went on Metformin to help regulate cycles. I never got better than every 60 days but we had our kid all the same. It was a high risk pregnancy -- both my weight and conditions. If I could do it again I would have gotten much more fit but I didn't even have the dx til we were trying already and I didn't want to wait much more because while my body wasn't in the best shape, it was the best time to have the child.

So I'd def suggest getting the dx squared away to your satisfaction. Is it PCOS or a fluke thing or what?

Then you can work on weight loss and getting in shape for a pregnancy from a place of of knowledge.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 02-10-2012 at 10:45 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote