PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #16  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Just checking in...

On the Met thing... I think it really is based on your doc's knowledge/preferences. My Endoc didn't want me on it after confirming pregnancy. I was on it before to help ovulate. I was on it a short bit later after baby and then I could come off when my labs were happy again. I think I had a wacky post-baby hormone time... everything was wonky.

I'm sore from the gym yesterday. Woot! Feels good to be this sore again. But I'm sore, so I took it down a bit and worked in the garden today rather than weights.

My appetite is bouncing all around with this new activity level -- I'm trying to eat to lose but I ended up maintaining today. I just couldn't NOT have another meal -- but it was chicken, quinoa and peas so it wasn't like junk.

I have a workout date with a friend tomorrow -- we'll see how it goes.
A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-01-2011 at 08:41 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #17  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Attempt to eat past stress thwarted by stress-induced migraine, which made me throw up my morning coffee and everything I've attempted since except 200 calories of plain white bread toast. Ugh.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #18  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Sorry you feel gross, Mandalinn! Hope it improves.

Babble -- awesome! I finished mine and start the 2nd today. Woot!

Had a great workout, but today I ended up overeating. I think this new exercise level is making me extra hungry. Only I can't remember when that settles down. I know eventually it does. Any clues?

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-02-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

i lost a lb this week girls xxxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Checking in too.

I'm back on track, eating at home, eating healthy. I'm glad February is over, because I was eating out too much.

I'm down 0.2 lbs from my lowest weight yet.

Going away this weekend, so it will be eating out all the time. I'm planning on taking some snacks though to limit what I have to purchase out.

I'm a little tired too. The stress is not as bad as it was, but now I feel tired. I don't know if I need more sleep or what.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 202/169/155

Hey, Ems! Way to go!
Also, babble, that's fantastic ... 2.5 inches is great!

Ugh, February was just one consistent setback ... I know I've been carbing it up too much, but I can barely stomach other foods. Does anyone else have weird issues with nausea around food (likely because of the Met)? Sometimes I can't even watch cooking shows because it makes me feel sick. This sounds like it would be a blessing for someone looking to lose weight, but I could just cry out of frustration.

March is shaping up to be much better, though ... my friend is helping me as a personal trainer, and I swear she must have learned how to exercise in Ancient Sparta. It's madness, but I'm seeing some fast results. Astrophe I'm sympathizing with your soreness! I'm going to run a 5K at the beginning of April, and I'm on pace to be ready for it because of my friend's help. Just another step on the road to running my 1/2 marathon in December ... it's coming up so much faster than I thought.

Anyway, I'm rambling, but it seems like everyone's kicking butt right now! Keep up the good work!
drummergrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #22  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I'm just bouncing around between 143-145. I tend to lose in "wooshes" where I will wake up one morning every few weeks and be down 3-5lbs. It's such a mystery to me!

It sounds like everyone is doing great!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #23  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

ems81wales -- woot!

Rana
-- hopefully the weekend away will give you the rest you need. Have fun!

drummergrrrl: Which are you on? Maybe change to extended release if you are on the Met plain. Or see about glumetza or fortamet or one of those others. Are you stair stepping it up to your dose? start with 500 a week, then 1000 then 1500, then... You know. Up a bit each week til you are wherever it is you are supposed to be at. Not just jumping to full dose from the get go.

junebug41: Wish I would whoosh! LOL.

My Check in:

Good day. Spend 40 min digging in the garden putting in another bed so that's my exercise for the day. I'm probably going to feel it in my arms later. And I was ravenous -- I swear this will calm down but in the meanwhile I feel like a bear appetite or something. It's the increase in exercise and adjusting to the glumetza, I know it.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-04-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Thanks girls and well done everyone else with there losses xxx

Last edited by ems81wales; 03-06-2011 at 11:53 AM.
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:09 PM   #25  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

So the weekend derailed a bit -- it always seems to. Social functions and all. I'm trying the approach of "just maintain" on the weekends.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's workout though at the gym. I'm packing my gym bag right with the kid's bookbag by the door so we can all just GO!

It's TOM and I feel B L O A T E D -- ugh! I update my ticker and even though I know it's just PMS junk and probably sodium from dining out over the weekend it's annoying to see that creep up!

But I'm taking that in stride and we'll see what we see when TOM goes away again.

A.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #26  

I'm back from my weekend away and I am more tired today than I was last week. I am going to bed soooo early tonight it's going to be delicious!

Of course, eating out has me bloated although I did calculate all my calories when I came back and I overate so much. It's amazing how hard it is to eat out healthfully when you're trapped in an amusement park. Despite the snacks I took and the wise choices I though I made (salad for dinner, for example!) it was still a ton of calories and fat that I definitely didn't need.

Back on the wagon today and I feel good about getting back to clean eating. I can't do another amusement park!!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #27  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Got my period a bit early. Woot!

Got a lot going on with a potluck later so will check back later. I'm trying to make this so it is low gi friendly.

Balsamic Roast Sweet Potato

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-07-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #28  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Babble, I went on a 36 hour trip this past weekend. I drove with a friend of mine to Kansas to pick up a puppy and we stayed in a town off the interstate that has gas stations and fast casual restaurants like Applebee's and IHOP. I did well considering the lack of choices. For dinner we went to Applebees and I had one of those 550 meals. I didn't eat all of the steak and didn't touch the potatoes. But man, are those meals salty! Hello, water retention! For breakfast we went to IHOP and since they put pancake batter in the omelets, I had an egg substitute spinach and mushroom omelet instead.

I sort of feel like it was a bit futile because now I'm trying to chase off the bloating that is inevitable with any trip like that! Either way, I'm happy with the choices I made.

It sounds like everyone is trying to chase off those stupid water pounds!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #29  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I have lost 4 lbs from this whole "too stressed to eat" alternating with "eating whatever I think I can hold down". My exercise is happening EVERY DAY, though, and I am working hard on eating more regularly. While my calories may be OK, and my weight is going down, it makes me feel like crap to not eat all day and then scarf some chinese food at night.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #30  

I'm finally feeling human again! I can put two sentences together and remember what I said/wrote!!!! I was really exhausted mentally and physically from the trip...

astrophe, I'm glad you got your period. I'm still waiting for mine, but since we were in sync last time with the rest of the PCOS board, I'll be sure to get mine now.

Hi to the ladies that joined while I was away!

Babble, I hope it's a good trip for you. I can't tell you enough that planning ahead and taking SNACKS are a lifesaver for me. Good luck on the trip.

Jen, just keep on drinking that water and it will go away. I'm fighting that now too and I can tell is pure sodium because of the way my hands feel in the morning. This use to never happen before but I start eating clean and now it's really apparent when I go overboard on the sodium.

Now that I'm back and focused again, I need to break this 167.6 lb barrier. I wanted to lose 8 lbs by the end of the month but it seems impossible so I'm going to aim for 2 lbs this month. I never lost 8 lbs before in 30 days so it seems unlikely I will now... but I just want to break the 160 mark NOW!!!!!