PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #1  
Naturally Curvy

S/C/G: 264/259.9/164

Height: 5'6"

Default Sad About Cysts

I went into hospital yesterday because I thought my appendix was going to blow. Blood tests and a CT scan later, it turns out I have an ovarian cyst.

I'm just so upset. I feel like every time I start doing well, something comes along to muck it up.

Now I'm just not sure what to do. I don't think I can exercise at the same intensity for risk of rupturing the cyst. I just want to curl up and make the world go away for a while. I'm so sick and tired of this malfunctioning body.
JMSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #2  
Food Can Eat Me =p

S/C/G: 345/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

I have a cyst on one ovary and rings of follicles around the other. It shouldn't prevent you from exercising.
Ive Had Enough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:46 PM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Did they advise you on exercise? Sometimes it's better to take it easy as you can have tortion which will endanger the ovary. I'm having surgery to address mine in a couple of weeks and at certain points in my cycle it's excrutiating to run. I'm sorry you're going through this. Are they just waiting for it to disappear? I would ask your doc what your activity limits are. Good luck
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:21 AM   #4  
Naturally Curvy

I'm pretty much just resting up right now, recovering while it's still so easy for me to get exhausted.

I think I'll check back in and see if there are any limits on exercise. There shouldn't be, but I'm a little paranoid about it because it caused so much pain.

*hugs* Thank you both for your comments.

Best of luck with your surgery, Jen.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:18 AM   #5  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

I had a surgery to remove a demoroid cyst back in august( they had to wind up removing the entire right ovary because the cyst had over taken it). The surgery was only about an hour. They put you under general anesthesia. You stay in the hospital for 1 night, some hospitals will let you go home in the same day.

Recovery is a little bit rough because the stomach muscles hurt and it's a little hard getting out if bed. But after a week things are much better.

Don't feel discouraged after 3 weeks you'll be able to get back with exercise.

Last edited by helwa588; 12-07-2010 at 09:19 AM.
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #6  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Aw... hugs to you...

And to the rest too who've been dealing with the cyst thing! It's not always fun in PCOS land, but we're here to support you!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 12-07-2010 at 12:56 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

I feel your pain! I was hospitalized because i too thought my appendix was rupturing. The surgeon went in to remove it and found i had a cyst rupture. I wouldn't do too much hard exercise but light exercise would be fine i'm sure. I had another one rupture but they tend to absorb and it's not an issue. My gynecologist put me on the pill to stop them from growing, it's better now for sure. Hugs to you, i know what it's like
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:19 PM   #8  
Naturally Curvy

All the hugs are awesome. I was really depressed yesterday about everything, but I spent the afternoon in the library doing research (which always makes me feel better). I haven't always been kind to my body, so I can't blame it for 'betraying me', but at least I have a list of herbs and vitamins that are supposed to help. Apparently echinacea is supposed to help the body get rid of cysts before they turn into something nasty (abnormal cells). I had no idea...