PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #16  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by museumchick View Post
Loestrin is the one they put me on once they diagnosed me. I really like it, much better than the Orthotricyclene I was on before (I would still miss periods some times on that one). The only thing I hate about it is the price! I'm getting a discount right now through the pharmaceutical company that makes Loestrin, but once that ends at the end of the year it's $66 per month!!! Sheesh!!! I am sure I'll have to ask for something good for PCOS that is cheaper than Loestrin.
I had the same issue and just ended up going back to Planned Parenthood when I need nuvaring. It's $72 with my current plan, and $35 at PP. I wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:09 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 226/215/175

Height: 5'7"

I have to say the nuva ring is the best thing ever invented...still get the hormones to help with the PCOS without taking a pill daily. Its monophasic also.
Willow324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:26 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 215/ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

Hey girls. I came on here looking for some info about new birth control. I just found out from my new doc that after being on Yaz for 2 years (and Gianvi, the new generic for it, for the last 2 months), that my LDL (bad) cholesterol is egregiously high and that it is possibly due to the Yaz. Given the bad news lately about Yaz and blood clots (AAH?!) too, I'm ready to switch. In addition to going on a vegan diet to lower cholesterol (how I'm going to do that PLUS low carb/GI is another story), I am going to be put on a new birth control pill. I just had a phone conversation and either didn't catch which one she said, or she said she would send me a script for a different one but didn't mention which one (kicking myself for not asking for clarification!), but I want to do some research on what other PCOS-friendly BCPs would be a good option for me. This thread is helpful.

Has anyone had a problem with cholesterol on Yaz, by any chance?? I was actually really happy with Yaz and am kind of bummed that it seems to be a dud.
snoozlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:33 AM   #19  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

Is Yaz really all that bad? My doctor prescribed it to me today i asked her about the blood clots and she told me not to worry.but then i goggled some reviews about and a lot of women seemed to develop blood clots.

im a little scared now because my doctor put me on it for 3 cycles.

edit: i thought yaz was short for yasmin. im actually on yasmin not yaz.

Last edited by helwa588; 09-20-2010 at 04:47 PM.
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #20  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

I was on Yaz for about a year because Yasmin was giving me migraines... I had no problems with Yaz, but I did have some breakthrough bleeding after being on it for awhile - of course, I also do the thing where you keep taking the active pills and only have a period once every 3 months or so (my doctor suggested this), and that apparently didn't work so well with Yaz. I chose to switch back to Yasmin, and for some reason, no migraines this time My doctor has also said not to worry about clots, especially since I don't smoke and my blood pressure is fine~
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:21 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 321/245/199

Height: 5'4"

even with insurance yaz and yasmin were too expensive for me to buy every month, so my endo prescribed apri bc pills and spiro in lieu of it.
slbxo33 is offline   Reply With Quote