PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/255.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Smile New to 3FC and IR

Hello my beauties,

Just a few short weeks ago, I found out I was IR. I was actually relieved to find this out, because I had been trying and TRYING to lose weight to no avail. Even restricting down to about 700-800 calories a day and working out with a trainer 3x a week... barely any loss.

Anyways, I'm following the Fat Flush diet plan with my family, but making only a few minor adjustments, such as eating more nuts than she allows, because they're easy protein on the go and have other health benefits.

I feel great! We've been doing a preliminary week of getting un-addicted to diet coke (aspartame and caffeine were my two vices, lol) and now I'm completely soda-free! Woohoo! Anyways, today was the first day of the 2 week detox portion of the diet and I feel marvelous.

Just from doing the prelim week and making adjustments to my protein and carb intake before the diet, I've lost 13 lbs at last weigh-in. I'm so happy!

Anyways, just wanted to drop in here and talk to some other lovely ladies who maybe are finding the IR adjustment easy... or maybe we can swap tips?

Looking forward to hearing from y'all!
Size8Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:24 AM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!

We tend to cluster most in the monthly thread. Join us!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...0-support.html

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/212/160

Height: 5'6

Hi,
Welcome to the site. I also have Insulin Resistance and am pretty new to this site. I was also absolutely unable to lose any weight, despite dieting and exercise. I also was working with a personal trainer. I was just put on a higher dose of metformin last month and it seems to be helping. I have lost about 10 pounds. In the first couple of weeks, the weight was really coming off, but it has leveled off now. I will have to check out the June Support link as well.
JennyGirl27 is offline   Reply With Quote