PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 09:34 PM   #1  

Default To Pooky

Hi Pooky---i'm debyj--new to this site, but not new to infertility and pcos. My sister runs a website called married and trying to conceive. It's on msn groups. You may want to give it a try. I was on it but have taken a ttc break. I'm low carbing it right now. I have been married for 6 years and no luck with conceiving. I'm hoping the low carb thing will do the trick. I've done the clomid thing, but my ob won't do anything until my dh does a sperm analysis and my dh is having some other health issues right now, so we can't really worry about the sperm thing for right now. I really want a baby, but i believe my time is about up. I'm almost 36. Thank God, i have 2 beautiful nieces that i pretend are mine and we have a great time together. My dh has gotten set in his ways and is enjoying not having to be tied down. So, sometimes i'm glad i don't have a kid and sometimes i'm just downright depressed and distraught. I've given all over to God and am trying to accept that. Good luck!! Just letting you know that you are not alone! debyj
Old 09-03-2002, 08:58 AM   #2  

Hi debyj and welcome. All too many chicks here can relate to what's going on in you're world. You seem to have control over the emotions though. That is the toughest part.Keep you're chin up.

Old 09-05-2002, 01:53 PM   #3  

Thanks debyj!

Yeah, I go to fertilityfriend.com to manage my charts and get support for infertility. I am currently on cd5 (Clomid cd3-7) and I'm on 100mgs. Doing some funky things with my head these last few days and I expect it won't get any better. Doc thinks he's got a handle on the whole PCOS, infertility issue with me. He tried me on Gluc for a while but gosh I was sick. So Actos has been my lifesaver--works like a charm!

So sorry to hear about your infertility woes, have you all thought about IUI or IVF? Sometimes it can make all the difference. Thanks for understanding what I'm going through--a really rough road to follow
Old 09-05-2002, 05:35 PM   #4  

Hi pooky!!--
My insurance won't cover a lick of IUI or IVF. Can you believe that?? I work in a friggin hospital too!! i had a hysterosapingogram last fall and my insurance barely covered that. I think it got wrote off cause i work in the hospital where i had it done. My tubes are totally clear and i have af about every 35 days. Bad timing i guess. I believe it will happen. Right now i'm just concentrating on my weight---I have been diagnosed pcos but not insulin resistant (i don't think). Go over and visit married and trying to conceive on msn. My sister runs it and there is lots of support--debyj
Closed Thread