PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:21 AM   #1  
It is what it is...

Default Metformin ER

Morning. I have been on Metformin ER 2000 mgs for about 2 years now. I recently forgot to get my met and was without it for about 4 days…so off of it cold turkey. I was pretty sick…got really bad headaches and just felt awful…started to feel better once I got it and started taking it again, however since I have started back on it I have had terrible nausea …I don’t remember this when I first started taking it 2 years ago….did you guys?
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:27 AM   #2  
Keep on Swimming!

S/C/G: 293/See Ticker/Healthy

Height: 5'6"

Hi Satine:

Im on Metformin 2000mg but not the ER formula.

The first day I was on it I was so sick! I had nausea and vomiting. Also, my stomach hurt so bad. But the vomiting only lasted one day. I still don't have an appetite sometimes.

I think it is normal since you were without it for awhile. But if it persists, I would check in with your physician.

Have a great day!
Nursie2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:50 AM   #3  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello, I don't normally post in this area but I saw this thread in the recent postings. I don't take Metformin but my sister does (not the ER as far as I know..)and she's had similar things going on bc of it.. nausea and diarrhea mostly ..not pleasant by any means but don't sweat it unless it persists or other severe symptoms come up.

Last edited by Phoenix301; 01-14-2010 at 08:50 AM.
Phoenix301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:04 AM   #4  
It is what it is...

Thanks...I am sure that is what it is...I will give it a few more days ...just bothersome....and yes I have the other too ( diarrhea ) ...but I know that went away after a couple of weeks.

I just went back on my diet on Sunday and have been pretty sick since...I usually dont feel too well when I first go back on ...my body wants the fat and soda it is used to
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:45 PM   #5  
Keep on Swimming!

S/C/G: 293/See Ticker/Healthy

Height: 5'6"

It's all normal. Just stay the course and you should be fine in a few days. But remember if it doesn't, go see your PCP.
Nursie2b is offline   Reply With Quote