PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #1  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Talking Pcos January Wl Support

Hello and Welcome All to the PCOS WL Support January 2009 Thread!

This t

Last edited by Nicoyaangel; 01-11-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:41 PM   #2  
HE'S my motivation!

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm at home with a back injury due to a car accident my boyfriend and I got into this past Saturday. Of course it's going to take longer for my back to heal because of my weight. Can't wait to get better & back to the gym I go.

So anyone make any New Years Resolutions??
Mine: Get in shape & get my finances together :-)
Old 01-18-2010, 03:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Morning Ladies,

I've been away for a while & its nice be back and post here. I've been having emotional fits all through December and last couple of weeks but I feel better now. My MBA is done with, our graduation is (temp) set for Feb 14 yay! So I now have more time to focus on my health & weight-loss.

As for new year resolutions - I don't like to get my hopes up too high so this year my goal is to not give up (on weight loss or life in general).
Part of that resolution is finding something I would like to do for a living and have started looking for possible jobs.

Nicoya - sorry to hear about the accident, hope you feel better soon

Hope everyone else is doing OK!
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:06 PM   #4  
HE'S my motivation!

JB - I LOVE that new years resolution. That is awesome! I think I will borrow that from you Congrats on the MBA that's great!! I really hope you find your dream job!!

I am back at work and doing a bit better. I haven't been to the gym which is bad but I plan to go today. I have started eating a bit better. Going to try and continue.

My best friend/gym buddy has been down about her weight and just trying to lose something. But I think I gave her the best advice I could which is 'it's better to fall off the wagon for a day and get back on for a week then the other way around'. I know she can do it! So I am trying to motivate her which I hope motivates me a bit more.

Any plans for this coming weekend?!

Have a good one and stay safe!

Last edited by Nicoyaangel; 01-19-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi all,

I'm back again on the 3FC journey, newly diagnosed with PCOS. My doctor said she'd suspected it for a while with me, but my latest weight gain confirmed it for her. She had a pelvic ultrasound done (SUCKS), as well as some bloodwork. The bloodwork is normal but the ultrasound showed cysts.

So I'm trying to be positive in that it explains why I haven't been able to lose weight very easily, even when I was sticking to my plan totally. She recommended the South Beach Diet, which I've done successfully before. I'm back on that plan, and excited about succeeding. She put me on progesterin (progesterone?) to cause my period to happen every other month, but other than that I'm not on any medication.

I'm also in therapy for food addiction, and it was great telling my therapist that I'm not crazy and I really was having trouble losing weight! She thought it was fantastic and that she can't wait to see where I go.

Anyway, it's nice to see you all here, and I can't wait to get to know you all!
jennyplain is offline   Reply With Quote